Texas Hunting Forum

Signage question

Posted By: KWood_TSU

Signage question - 01/11/16 03:59 AM

So a place has a sign, but it's not a correct 30.07 sign. So what can they actually do if you carry open anyways? I know they have the right to refuse business, but anything other than that?
Posted By: 5 Stand Dan

Re: Signage question - 01/11/16 04:09 AM

They can call the police and you could be charged with tresspass.
Posted By: TFF Caribou

Re: Signage question - 01/11/16 04:54 AM

Originally Posted By: 5 Stand Dan

Only after they ask you to leave and you refuse too. They must verbally ask you to leave first. If not, you can't be charged with trespassing.
Posted By: flintknapper

Re: Signage question - 01/11/16 08:56 PM

Originally Posted By: Tff caribou

Only after they ask you to leave and you refuse too. They must verbally ask you to leave first. If not, you can't be charged with trespassing.

^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^

Correct!
Posted By: wacorusty

Re: Signage question - 01/12/16 08:34 PM

I think we are finally getting it.
Posted By: TX Hitman

Re: Signage question - 01/13/16 03:01 AM

The problem most businesses I have dealt with are having issues with the displaying of the 30.06-30.07 signs. At compliance regulations, these signs are 20"x30" each. Most businesses don't have a big enough window or doors to display both signs. These are mostly corporate businesses. Their solution is to print a smaller "no firearm" signs. They know that are not compliant but will address any open carries issues as they arise. If you conceal, they won't know you have your firearm anyway.
Posted By: Maddog

Re: Signage question - 01/15/16 05:24 PM

I have seen several signs that were printed on an 8 X 11 sheet of paper. I guess it makes them feel better. Even though those signs mean nothing.
Posted By: DuckCoach1985

Re: Signage question - 01/15/16 07:08 PM

So you're about to walk into a store in Austin and they used the 30.06-30.07 JPEG file sent out to all the hippie businesses in town by the hippie anti-gunners, print it out on standard 8.5"x11" printer paper and post on their front window, do you walk in?
Posted By: Cast

Re: Signage question - 01/15/16 08:27 PM

Originally Posted By: DuckCoach1985
So you're about to walk into a store in Austin and they used the 30.06-30.07 JPEG file sent out to all the hippie businesses in town by the hippie anti-gunners, print it out on standard 8.5"x11" printer paper and post on their front window, do you walk in?

Heck yeah because there is no sign saying I can't.
Posted By: Marc K

Re: Signage question - 01/16/16 01:05 AM

There must be something wrong with you folks. It is actually really easy to stop gun violence:

lol444
Posted By: bucksnbass357

Re: Signage question - 01/17/16 02:38 AM

Originally Posted By: Marc Kurth
There must be something wrong with you folks. It is actually really easy to stop gun violence:

lol444

clap up yep, that will do it
Posted By: fishfree

Re: Signage question - 01/17/16 02:46 AM

saw a 30.07 sign at an HEB.... the English sign was hidden behind a sales display; only the Spanish language sign was unobstructed.
Posted By: bucksnbass357

Re: Signage question - 01/17/16 03:37 AM

Originally Posted By: fishfree
saw a 30.07 sign at an HEB.... the English sign was hidden behind a sales display; only the Spanish language sign was unobstructed.

The believe the law states they must be in plain view and predominantly displayed.
Posted By: Texas Dan

Re: Signage question - 01/19/16 03:50 AM

Saw one today that was lettered on clear glass with no background which made it much more difficult to read.

IMO, they should be required to post them on a white background with black letters.
Posted By: rdhibbs

Re: Signage question - 01/19/16 05:31 PM

Originally Posted By: Texas Dan
Saw one today that was lettered on clear glass with no background which made it much more difficult to read.

IMO, they should be required to post them on a white background with black letters.

I would have to check, but when I read the statute the other day it stated that the lettering had to be on a contrasting background. I'll look again.

Re: Signage question - 01/19/16 05:42 PM

Originally Posted By: rdhibbs

I would have to check, but when I read the statute the other day it stated that the lettering had to be on a contrasting background. I'll look again.

This is copied and pasted directly from my PDF version of the revised law.

21 (B) a sign posted on the property that:

22 (i) includes the language described by

23 Paragraph (A) in both English and Spanish;

24 (ii) appears in contrasting colors with

25 block letters at least one inch in height;
and

26 (iii) is displayed in a conspicuous manner

27 clearly visible to the public at each entrance to the property.

Re: Signage question - 01/19/16 06:18 PM

I really don't know why everyone is so concerned with a 30.07 sign meeting the exact requirements of the law. If you see a invalid sign, you still know they don't want you to carry on their property. If you decide to open carry anyway, they will just tell you to leave.

Re: Signage question - 01/19/16 11:48 PM

From one of my watering holes. They don't have a 30.07 sign, they will hand out one of these.

Posted By: Marc K

Re: Signage question - 01/20/16 01:03 AM

I really don't know why everyone is so concerned with a 30.07 sign meeting the exact requirements of the law. If you see a invalid sign, you still know they don't want you to carry on their property. If you decide to open carry anyway, they will just tell you to leave.

As a lifelong supporter and defender of private property rights, I have to say YES!

The kind of people who use verbiage/color/contrast/size of signs to decide if they will intentionally ignore the wishes of the owner of private property - are the same people who think that "No Trespassing - Private Property" signs don't apply to them, and will say things like "Hey, it wasn't locked...."

It really is very simple when discussing open carry: Either you respect private property or you don't.

FWIW, I own a small business and I will NOT post either sign.

Marc

Re: Signage question - 01/20/16 02:04 AM

and

I posted this solely in referance to the sign that was hard to see. I do not advocate infrenging on a property owners rights period!!! I apologize for not being more clear.
Posted By: Texas Dan

Re: Signage question - 01/20/16 02:29 AM

and

Thanks. I'll inform the hospital management when I go back for my doctor visit next week. Clear is not a color.
Posted By: MarkieMark

Re: Signage question - 01/24/16 04:04 PM

If they don't allow guns then just don't go in and go somewhere else.
© 2024 Texas Hunting Forum