Texas Hunting Forum

first open carry spotted

Posted By: daniel1381

first open carry spotted - 01/06/16 08:26 PM

saw the first oc in my restaurant... guy just had his holster clipped on his pants pocket. will be getting our 30.07 signs soon I was informed yesterday
Posted By: pegasaurus

Re: first open carry spotted - 01/06/16 09:00 PM

So you got scared and will now be putting up signage???

Why???? What did this guy do wrong other than carry it improperly?

Re: first open carry spotted - 01/06/16 09:03 PM

first im not scared which was a very stupid question of you ....our owner wants the sign and yes before you stupidly bash him he is a big gun supporter.

Re: first open carry spotted - 01/06/16 09:10 PM

It is his right to do so but why is he waiting so long to post??

Re: first open carry spotted - 01/06/16 09:12 PM

getting signs made and local city officials had a meeting for business owners and what not.. 6 days really not long
Posted By: Threelranch

Re: first open carry spotted - 01/06/16 09:23 PM

To me if you have to put up i sing like that then you not in full support of our 2 amendment but thats just how i look at it .

Re: first open carry spotted - 01/06/16 09:31 PM

I know alot of employers that dont allow employees to carry guns. Does this mean they dont support 2nd amend?

Re: first open carry spotted - 01/06/16 09:32 PM

I know it is a restaurant but what kind?? Fast food or sitdown??

Re: first open carry spotted - 01/06/16 09:44 PM

Sit down
Posted By: cyphertext

Re: first open carry spotted - 01/06/16 11:04 PM

Originally Posted By: daniel1381
getting signs made and local city officials had a meeting for business owners and what not.. 6 days really not long

Considering the fact that the law didn't go into effect on Sep. 1 like other laws, I think your boss had more than 6 days if he was planning to post signs. It's not like we all woke up on Jan. 1 and open carry was legal and it was the first time anyone had heard about it.
Posted By: wacorusty

Re: first open carry spotted - 01/06/16 11:06 PM

saw the first oc in my restaurant... guy just had his holster clipped on his pants pocket. will be getting our 30.07 signs soon I was informed yesterday

Doesn't it have to be shoulder or belt holstered?

Re: first open carry spotted - 01/06/16 11:11 PM

Shoulder or belt...

Ok so my boss took time to think it out. Its all good though.
Posted By: Mickey Moose

Re: first open carry spotted - 01/07/16 02:24 AM

I know alot of employers that dont allow employees to carry guns. Does this mean they dont support 2nd amend?

That's exactly what that means.
Posted By: Buckeyesgt

Re: first open carry spotted - 01/08/16 05:51 AM

I most likely won't open carry. But I will avoid places that don't allow it.
Posted By: RedRanger

Re: first open carry spotted - 01/08/16 11:58 AM

All my employees are encouraged to carry........

Re: first open carry spotted - 01/08/16 01:31 PM

Wouldnt be possible in a restaurant environment.
Esp dealing with the class of people we deal with and involving alcohol.. would make for a exciting shift
Posted By: BigPig

Re: first open carry spotted - 01/08/16 02:52 PM

Wouldnt be possible in a restaurant environment.
Esp dealing with the class of people we deal with and involving alcohol.. would make for a exciting shift

What your restaurant called? I spend a lot of time out that way
Posted By: doc606

Re: first open carry spotted - 01/09/16 01:13 PM

like to know your restaurant name too so i can not waste my time spending money there when im out that way. even though i dont plan on open carrying much, if you put up the sign, your not 100% pro 2nd. rather give my money to businesses that are.
Posted By: LFD2037

Re: first open carry spotted - 01/09/16 06:03 PM

Originally Posted By: wacorusty

Doesn't it have to be shoulder or belt holstered?

Technically yes. BUT nothing says it has to be hung on the belt or shoulder!!!! I think this is 1 part they'll be changing the wording on. Legally you can have it in either of those holsters & attach it to your hat, boot, tie, whatever.
Posted By: jeepercreeper

Re: first open carry spotted - 01/09/16 07:26 PM

Originally Posted By: Mickey Moose

That's exactly what that means.

So the gun ranges that have been posting 30.07 dont support the 2nd amendment?????

It has less to do with supporting the 2nd amendment and more to do with their profits and liabilities. Their business, their rules.
Posted By: passthru

Re: first open carry spotted - 01/10/16 02:26 AM

Which restaurant was that so I can be sure you never get any of our business while we travel there?
Posted By: flintknapper

Re: first open carry spotted - 01/10/16 03:13 AM

If you don't mind stating the name of the restaurant...it would be handy to have. It can be listed on Texas3006.com, that way folks will be forewarned and not waste their time or that of the business. Good for both parties.

Re: first open carry spotted - 01/10/16 03:47 AM

No problem naming the restaurant.. just got back on the site.

Casa ole mexican food..not worried about those who say ill never eat there.. its your choice.. hope yall never get sick hospitals are banning both chl and oc

https://m.facebook.com/groups/1681319785461024?view=permalink&id=1681571455435857

Re: first open carry spotted - 01/10/16 03:51 AM

Originally Posted By: passthru

Which restaurant was that so I can be sure you never get any of our business while we travel there?

Good less drama we get to deal with.. trust me not worried about loosing sales.
Posted By: KRoyal

Re: first open carry spotted - 01/10/16 03:53 AM

Casa ole mexican food..not worried about those who say ill never eat there.. its your choice.. hope yall never get sick hospitals are banning both chl and oc

https://m.facebook.com/groups/1681319785461024?view=permalink&id=1681571455435857

I'll still come visit if I'm out that way Daniel up

Re: first open carry spotted - 01/10/16 03:57 AM

Sounds good!! anytime just give me a buzz
Posted By: boonee

Re: first open carry spotted - 01/11/16 06:03 PM

The church I attend has 30.07 signs up, but ALL are welcome! So, IF you are carring make sure it's concealed.
Posted By: Navasot

Re: first open carry spotted - 01/11/16 06:20 PM

Originally Posted By: Threelranch
To me if you have to put up i sing like that then you not in full support of our 2 amendment but thats just how i look at it .

dumb
Posted By: passthru

Re: first open carry spotted - 01/11/16 06:46 PM

https://m.facebook.com/groups/168
1319785461024?view=permalink&id=1681571455435857

Hospitals have never "banned" open or concealed carry. That was part of the 30.06 & .07 laws from the beginning.
Posted By: tenyearsgone

Re: first open carry spotted - 01/13/16 02:09 PM

Hospitals have never "banned" open or concealed carry. That was part of the 30.06 & .07 laws from the beginning.

Only if it's posted at the entrance you go through. It started out as automatically prohibited, but was amended some years ago.
Posted By: tShawnB

Re: first open carry spotted - 01/13/16 07:17 PM

I haven't seen any yet and won't do it myself. I am not against it and like the idea as I don't have to worry about flashing my gun when sitting, putting on a coat, etc...

Re: first open carry spotted - 01/15/16 12:33 AM

Originally Posted By: tShawnB
I haven't seen any yet and won't do it myself. I am not against it and like the idea as I don't have to worry about flashing my gun when sitting, putting on a coat, etc...

Eff me, you never had to worry about unintentional display before. Seriously, why is it so hard to take the time to read the little book of laws?
Posted By: victor454

Re: first open carry spotted - 01/24/16 02:26 PM

None yet.
Posted By: rdhibbs

Re: first open carry spotted - 01/24/16 04:08 PM

I have seen nothing that would indicate the law changed here. My wife cought a glimps of someone open carrying, we were at the drive through at the drug store. I've seen no sign changes ether. Every one that I know who carrys says it just covers them in case of accidental show.
Posted By: bigjoe8565

Re: first open carry spotted - 01/24/16 10:34 PM

Saw one person this week in Weatherford and another in Rockwall.

Re: first open carry spotted - 01/25/16 12:13 AM

Originally Posted By: tenyearsgone

Eff me, you never had to worry about unintentional display before. Seriously, why is it so hard to take the time to read the little book of laws?

Did not have to worry if you cought it and recoverd imeaditly, but if your shirt worked up and fell behind your gun you could be in trouble. It just makes me more comfortable.
Posted By: jab3006

Re: first open carry spotted - 01/25/16 03:38 AM

To OP, I don't do Facebook, but have heard that a rumor is going around that your staff asked a police officer to hide his gun???? When I heard about it I recalled this thread, so figured I would ask if this is true, new policy, or misguided employee who did not know better???

Re: first open carry spotted - 01/25/16 05:37 PM

Originally Posted By: jab3006
To OP, I don't do Facebook, but have heard that a rumor is going around that your staff asked a police officer to hide his gun???? When I heard about it I recalled this thread, so figured I would ask if this is true, new policy, or misguided employee who did not know better???

ON DUTY officers work under a completely different law than we do. They can and do walk right past 30.06 and 30.7 posters, I wold not expect a pleasant outcome from asking an ON DUTY officer to cover his weapon. Off duty and / or in a different jurisdiction may be a different story.

Re: first open carry spotted - 01/28/16 01:27 PM

Originally Posted By: rdhibbs

Did not have to worry if you cought it and recoverd imeaditly, but if your shirt worked up and fell behind your gun you could be in trouble. It just makes me more comfortable.

Not true. Unintentional is unintentional. Let's not be our own worst enemy.

Re: first open carry spotted - 01/28/16 03:54 PM

I have not heard anything about this. so this is news to me

Police officers eat half price and we get a fair amount of em everyday. so I just don't see this happening

Re: first open carry spotted - 01/28/16 07:05 PM

what department did he work for??

Re: first open carry spotted - 01/29/16 12:13 AM

Only if it's posted at the entrance you go through. It started out as automatically prohibited, but was amended some years ago.

Not exactly, you can only carry in a hospitals or nursing home with written permition from the administrator. They are still required to post 30.06 / 30.07 signs.

Re: first open carry spotted - 02/01/16 11:15 PM

Originally Posted By: rdhibbs

Not exactly, you can only carry in a hospitals or nursing home with written permition from the administrator. They are still required to post 30.06 / 30.07 signs.

You're looking at the original law. Look at the amendments at the bottom of 46.035

Re: first open carry spotted - 02/02/16 02:28 AM

"You're looking at the original law. Look at the amendments at the bottom of 46.035"

OK, here we go.
Our county attorney told us about this in a public meeting the other day and all the other information they gave was correct. While I was researching something else I ran across this so it seamed correct. With that being said I know that the law prohibiting the carry in church has changed but I could never find that verbiage and that has bothered me. So after your comment I began searching again.

I found nothing where you told me to look so I did an internet search and found a pamphlet put out by the State Attorney General recently highlighting the new laws and fond the following wording.

if the license holder is given written notice pursuant to Penal Code Section 30.06 and/or 30.07 that carrying is prohibited, on the premises of a state-
licensed hospital or nursing home, unless the administration has granted written permission to the license holder;

Then I went back to the law and found the following

(i) Subsections (b)(4), (b)(5), (b)(6), and (c) do not apply if the actor was not given effective notice under Section 30.06.
(b) (4) is the hospital, (b) (6) is the church

So If I understand you, and this correctly then they no longer have to post 30.06 or 30.07 signs but if they do you must have written permission to carry. confused2

I think I got it now, and I will be visiting with the County Attorney tomorrow.
I thank you for getting me to look harder, I try to know the law whether or not I plan to carry there, just makes sense.
Posted By: Redskins4ever

Re: first open carry spotted - 02/17/16 09:09 PM

I think open carry is dumb. why would anyone want the bad guy know you are carrying lol
Posted By: leswad

Re: first open carry spotted - 02/25/16 11:53 PM

Originally Posted By: Redskins4ever
I think open carry is dumb. why would anyone want the bad guy know you are carrying lol

I like having the choice flag
© 2024 Texas Hunting Forum