Posted By: bill oxner

Re: HEB says no to open carry. - 12/28/15 04:29 PM

Already going on Gun Legislation forum.
Posted By: NewGulf

Re: HEB says no to open carry. - 12/28/15 04:32 PM

ninja
Posted By: Elpatoloco

Re: HEB says no to open carry. - 12/28/15 04:33 PM

I dislike HEB, but dont blame them one bit.

I don't care if someone open carries, it's just not for me.
Posted By: SnakeWrangler

Re: HEB says no to open carry. - 12/28/15 04:35 PM

Better not to advertise anyway....the only thing I like the open carry is that with concealed carry the weapon must stay concealed...even accidental display violates the law...now with open carry it doesn't.....

I don't plan to open carry unless I'm at the lease or ranch....same as now....
Posted By: TexFlip

Re: HEB says no to open carry. - 12/28/15 04:36 PM

I was having a conversation with someone about private businesses opting to disallow open carry. He's very pro OC and likened it to blacks being forced to use black only facilities before the Civil Rights Movement. The majority of the OC crowd I've met is WAY out there.
Posted By: dkershen

Re: HEB says no to open carry. - 12/28/15 04:51 PM

I don't have a problem with HEB's stance. It's there business and they can set the rules. If you feel the need for protection while youre roaming the produce section, then get a chl.
Posted By: Western

Re: HEB says no to open carry. - 12/28/15 04:54 PM

Originally Posted By: dkershen
I don't have a problem with HEB's stance. It's there business and they can set the rules. If you feel the need for protection while youre roaming the produce section, then get a chl.

I was under the impression you had to have a CHL in order to open carry??
Posted By: SnakeWrangler

Re: HEB says no to open carry. - 12/28/15 05:02 PM

Originally Posted By: Western

I was under the impression you had to have a CHL in order to open carry??

You do...
Posted By: glens

Re: HEB says no to open carry. - 12/28/15 05:32 PM

This ain't the Wild West. Or is it??
Posted By: Nogalus Prairie

Re: HEB says no to open carry. - 12/28/15 05:46 PM

I can see it now: as you look up from smelling a cantaloupe you catch the eye of an Affliction shirt-wearing goofball who pulls his duster back away from his hogleg and says "I'm your huckleberry...." grin
Posted By: dogcatcher

Re: HEB says no to open carry. - 12/28/15 05:49 PM

Their business, their choice.
Posted By: Grizz

Re: HEB says no to open carry. - 12/28/15 06:17 PM

They are still allowing concealed carry, so all of the stuff being thrown around about them being anti-gun is nonsense. If I was going to avoid stores for being anti-gun, it seems like it would make more sense to avoid the ones that don't allow any carry. HEB has a right to write their policies as they see fit just like people have the right to stop shopping there in protest.
Posted By: Dry Fire

Re: HEB says no to open carry. - 12/28/15 06:20 PM

No one has yet to convince me on the merits of open carry.
Posted By: Mud

Re: HEB says no to open carry. - 12/28/15 06:21 PM

I can kill a man with a can of corn anyway.
Posted By: Western

Re: HEB says no to open carry. - 12/28/15 06:30 PM

Originally Posted By: Grizz
They are still allowing concealed carry, so all of the stuff being thrown around about them being anti-gun is nonsense. If I was going to avoid stores for being anti-gun, it seems like it would make more sense to avoid the ones that don't allow any carry. HEB has a right to write their policies as they see fit just like people have the right to stop shopping there in protest.

Practical sense up
Posted By: huntwest

Re: HEB says no to open carry. - 12/28/15 06:35 PM

They are not anti gun. They don't want to take the chance of offending customers that are against it. There will be many businesses follow.
I think it is just fine, there are people that are scared by guns, right or wrong, and they are simply making the choice not to have them seen. I think that concealed is better anyway. I really don't want anyone to know I am armed.
Posted By: Concho

Re: HEB says no to open carry. - 12/28/15 06:39 PM

I have no problem with their decision, probably a liability issue, look for others to follow very soon.
Posted By: RedRanger

Re: HEB says no to open carry. - 12/28/15 06:40 PM

Posted By: Shotgun Willie

Re: HEB says no to open carry. - 12/28/15 06:51 PM

Originally Posted By: SnakeWrangler
Better not to advertise anyway....the only thing I like the open carry is that with concealed carry the weapon must stay concealed...even accidental display violates the law...now with open carry it doesn't.....

I don't plan to open carry unless I'm at the lease or ranch....same as now....

They changed that back in Sept. '13 when they made the distinction between "intentionally displays" and "fails to conceal". Unintentional or accidental display isn't a violation since then. Moot point in a few days, sure.
Posted By: 7mag

Re: HEB says no to open carry. - 12/28/15 09:00 PM

Doesn't bother me one bit. I will continue to shop HEB as it is the best grocery store in this area.I carry concealed anyway.
Posted By: Longhunter

Re: HEB says no to open carry. - 12/28/15 09:08 PM

I don't own a gun... slinger
Posted By: KG68

Re: HEB says no to open carry. - 12/28/15 09:39 PM

I guess USDA felt the need. Sent this reminder out today. grin

December 2015
Having trouble viewing this email? View it as a Web page.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Reminder – Firearms and Dangerous Weapons Forbidden In Federal Facilities
USDA Service Centers and Farm Service Agency Offices are Off Limits for Firearms

On Jan. 1, 2016, House Bill 910 takes effect allowing licensed Texans to, “open carry,” handguns.

This is an important reminder to all customers and patrons of USDA Farm Service Agency (FSA) offices and USDA Service Centers statewide that firearms are forbidden (even with a permit/license) in Federal Buildings. A Federal Building by definition is any building owned, leased or rented by the Federal Government, where Federal employees are regularly present for the purpose of performing their official duties–this includes the 173 USDA Farm Service Agency offices in Texas.

The items that are prohibited in Federal facilities include any item prohibited by any applicable Federal, State, local, and tribal law and/or ordinance, as well as firearms, dangerous weapons, explosives, or other destructive devices (including their individual parts or components) designed, redesigned, used, intended for use, or readily converted to cause injury, death, or property damage. Possession of firearms and dangerous weapons in Federal facilities as outline above is a crime punishable by fines and imprisonment.

For a complete list of items prohibited in Federal facilities, please view and/or download the document titled, Items Prohibited from Federal Facilities: An Interagency Security Committee Standard: http://www.dhs.gov/sites/default/files/p...eb-2013-508.pdf . The lists of prohibited items outlined in this document apply to all facility occupants, contractors, and the visiting public.

If you have questions or concerns regarding this notification, please contact the USDA Farm Service Agency State Office at 979-680-5151.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Questions?
Please contact your local FSA Office.
Posted By: wacorusty

Re: HEB says no to open carry. - 12/28/15 09:40 PM

Can't say that I blame em. I personally don't like the open carry idea.
Posted By: txhunter1010

Re: HEB says no to open carry. - 12/28/15 10:13 PM

Originally Posted By: wacorusty
Posted By: Dustnsand

Re: HEB says no to open carry. - 12/28/15 11:26 PM

Originally Posted By: txhunter1010

Yep. I know it's an "emotional and not logical response" rolleyes but if I see someone open carrying I am going to automatically think they are a weirdo and don't want to be around them
Posted By: NewGulf

Re: HEB says no to open carry. - 12/28/15 11:29 PM

This store aint big enough for the two of us! roflmao
Posted By: T Bone

Re: HEB says no to open carry. - 12/28/15 11:30 PM

Originally Posted By: z71dustin

Yep. I know it's an "emotional and not logical response" rolleyes but if I see someone open carrying I am going to automatically think they are a weirdo and don't want to be around them

I've been thinking the same thing..
Posted By: Espy

Re: HEB says no to open carry. - 12/28/15 11:35 PM

Originally Posted By: z71dustin

look at me look at me loco
Posted By: 5 Stand Dan

Re: HEB says no to open carry. - 12/29/15 12:06 AM

I just left a HEB, weirdos are already in place.
Posted By: skeeter22

Re: HEB says no to open carry. - 12/29/15 12:17 AM

I won't be surprised if all grocery stores and most retail stores don't allow open carry.
Posted By: Kev®

Re: HEB says no to open carry. - 12/29/15 12:26 AM

Who cares, just conceal and go about your business. Personally I'd never open carry.
Posted By: DannyB

Re: HEB says no to open carry. - 12/29/15 12:35 AM

Now the "people of Wal-Mart" photos will be even funnier.

I was in our Wal-Mart one summer night and here comes this guy in a black felt cowboy hat and wearing chrome sunglasses. The rest of his attire was just as ridiculous. Now I figure I will see the same guy, except wearing a six-shooter. rofl Unless Wal-Mart puts up a 30.07 sign.

Re: HEB says no to open carry. - 12/29/15 01:40 AM

Trying out my outfit for Friday.

Posted By: poisonivie

Re: HEB says no to open carry. - 12/29/15 01:46 AM

I personally love the idea, just not the reality so much.
Posted By: Stoney

Re: HEB says no to open carry. - 12/29/15 01:47 AM

Cops open carry, are they weirdos? A kid in a cart (according to Oxners logic) could grab their gun and shoot someone as easy as they could anyone elses gun, how does that work? Why don't they CC?
Posted By: DannyB

Re: HEB says no to open carry. - 12/29/15 02:05 AM

Originally Posted By: Nogalus Prairie

That looks like a rig for Twin Peaks.
Posted By: Grizz

Re: HEB says no to open carry. - 12/29/15 02:07 AM

You're going to lose some charlesb style points with that Glock.

Re: HEB says no to open carry. - 12/29/15 02:08 AM

Lol Grizz....
Posted By: bucksnbass357

Re: HEB says no to open carry. - 12/29/15 02:29 AM

Originally Posted By: Grizz

You're going to lose some charlesb style points with that Glock.

Nice. clap

Re: HEB says no to open carry. - 12/29/15 01:26 PM

Originally Posted By: Stoney
Cops open carry, are they weirdos? A kid in a cart (according to Oxners logic) could grab their gun and shoot someone as easy as they could anyone elses gun, how does that work? Why don't they CC?

In business it all comes down to dollars, if the other customers are offended or the store management believes the other customers will be offended, or there might be a liability issue then open carry loses and that is their (management's) right to make that decision. You are correct that a kid could attempt to take a cop's gun, but cops train regularly to retain their weapons.....I'm not sure how much John Doe trains for such an event. In the end the public is conditioned to see police open carry and the open carry issue for John Doe will resolve itself in time.
Posted By: Choctaw

Re: HEB says no to open carry. - 12/29/15 01:29 PM

My back just went out.

Re: HEB says no to open carry. - 12/29/15 01:33 PM

It would not surprise me to see this exact rig carried in public..... eeks333
Posted By: KWood_TSU

Re: HEB says no to open carry. - 12/29/15 01:36 PM

So were cowboys weird back in the day? I no doubt understand why people want to conceal for element of surprise, but if everyone open carried it could be used as a deterrent too.

It does suck that we live in a world where a Leo will want to question someone oc'ing versus telling them thanks for exercising their constitutional right.
© 2024 Texas Hunting Forum