Texas Hunting Forum

Texas Right to Hunt and Fish- GO VOTE!! YES for Prop 6!

Posted By: ChadTRG42

Texas Right to Hunt and Fish- GO VOTE!! YES for Prop 6! - 09/16/15 01:17 PM

Vote YES for Prop 6 on Nov. 3.

Proposition 6 proposes an amendment to the Texas Constitution that establishes an individual right to hunt, fish and harvest wildlife in the Lone Star State. It would ensure that wildlife conservation and management decisions continue to be based on sound science in order to preserve Texas' hunting heritage for generations to come and to protect it against future attacks from well-funded, anti-hunting organizations. Not only are hunting and fishing deep-rooted in Texas culture, they have a major economic impact on the state. According to the Congressional Sportsmen’s Foundation, the Lone Star State's hunters and anglers spend $4.1 billion annually and support 65,993 jobs.

https://www.nraila.org/articles/20150617...ber-2015-ballot
Posted By: boonee

Re: Texas Right to Hunt and Fish- GO VOTE!! YES for Prop 6! - 09/17/15 01:02 AM

Yes sir! I got a LARGE packet from NRA today, full of flyers and bumper stickers. Anybody want some to hand out or whatever... let me know.
Posted By: texasdude28

Re: Texas Right to Hunt and Fish- GO VOTE!! YES for Prop 6! - 09/26/15 09:04 PM

I have registered all my high school seniors and told them how important this is.
Posted By: RedRanger

Re: Texas Right to Hunt and Fish- GO VOTE!! YES for Prop 6! - 10/10/15 02:34 PM

So if I go hunting or fishing in Texas then I will get a ticket or go to jail

If a person comes into USA illegally and in Texas he/she works and lives here then he gets off scott free from any tickets or jail.

I think we need to be voting on more important issues.......
Posted By: Marc K

Re: Texas Right to Hunt and Fish- GO VOTE!! YES for Prop 6! - 10/10/15 03:06 PM

I'd prefer to vote on all issues - large and small. Being involved is the key.
Posted By: DStroud

Re: Texas Right to Hunt and Fish- GO VOTE!! YES for Prop 6! - 11/03/15 02:12 AM

Vote for both prop 6 and prop 7
Posted By: Cajun Raider

Re: Texas Right to Hunt and Fish- GO VOTE!! YES for Prop 6! - 11/03/15 05:46 AM

Just vote! The basis of a democracy. Study the issues and go with your value system.

Re: Texas Right to Hunt and Fish- GO VOTE!! YES for Prop 6! - 11/05/15 11:34 AM

Kinda silly thing to vote for, like the property tax.

Would like to see things like making sanctuary cities illegal in Texas on the ballot instead of these feel good issues..
Posted By: BadShot

Re: Texas Right to Hunt and Fish- GO VOTE!! YES for Prop 6! - 11/06/15 01:47 AM

Question on this prop. Since hunting would be made a right, would this right be revocable by the state to poachers and repeat offending fish and game criminals? Take the guys in Leon county I believe it was? Killed numerous whitetail and other species out of season. They do their time and pay their fees, are they free to hunt another Day? Or is their right to hunt inalienable even after committing a hunting based crime. Asking out of curiosity promise I'm not a poacher roflmao

Re: Texas Right to Hunt and Fish- GO VOTE!! YES for Prop 6! - 11/06/15 11:21 AM

Originally Posted By: BadShot
Question on this prop. Since hunting would be made a right, would this right be revocable by the state to poachers and repeat offending fish and game criminals? Take the guys in Leon county I believe it was? Killed numerous whitetail and other species out of season. They do their time and pay their fees, are they free to hunt another Day? Or is their right to hunt inalienable even after committing a hunting based crime. Asking out of curiosity promise I'm not a poacher roflmao

It has nothing to do with who can or can't hunt, As I said it just a feel good issue

Here is the kicker you can go to jail for fishing or hunting without a license, but the same people will do nothing to an illegal entering the USA illegally, That is what is fouled up in Texas and USA.........
Posted By: fishfree

Re: Texas Right to Hunt and Fish- GO VOTE!! YES for Prop 6! - 11/07/15 10:08 PM

Originally Posted By: RedRanger
Originally Posted By: BadShot

It has nothing to do with who can or can't hunt, As I said it just a feel good issue

Here is the kicker you can go to jail for fishing or hunting without a license, but the same people will do nothing to an illegal entering the USA illegally, even if they hunt or fish illegally That is what is fouled up in Texas and USA.........
FIFY
© 2024 Texas Hunting Forum