Texas Hunting Forum

Concelaed Carry Question

Posted By: Baylor_Bears

Concelaed Carry Question - 05/03/15 05:24 PM

My job requires me to travel rather extensively and sometimes, like this week, I will be down around the border. My job requires me to visit telecommunications towers for inspection, which 99% of the time are on private property and I will have to cross multiple fences and gates to get to them. Obviously I have permission to be on said property, and contact property owners to inform them I will be on site. Just curios about how carrying would be viewed in this instance. As I am on another persons private property, could this cause a problem if a land owner decides to call the police for a suspected trespasser.
Had an instance last week where I was parked in a apartment complex parking lot doing a bird study and a cop rolled up to see what I was doing, presented my information and CHL and he got extremely defensive and asked me to conduct my study elsewhere.
Posted By: Simple Searcher

Re: Concelaed Carry Question - 05/03/15 09:50 PM

CC is one of them "if in doubt, don't do it" things.
But I don't think you have a problem unless the landowner post a 30.06 sign. Or if the landowner gives you a verbal warning. That being said, there is no way the landowner would know.
I think the police officer was just being a turd.

https://www.texaslawshield.com/portal/texas-gun-law/
Posted By: passthru

Re: Concelaed Carry Question - 05/23/15 03:23 AM

You no longer have to show your CHL when stopped. I do, but just saying. I travel some in my current "job". I always carry.
© 2024 Texas Hunting Forum