Texas Hunting Forum

Congressman Ruben Hinojosa District 15

Posted By: bobk538447

Congressman Ruben Hinojosa District 15 - 02/05/13 02:39 AM

Please see below. If you are in his district contact him and give him your opinion and let others know of his stance.

STATEMENT FROM CONGRESSMAN RUBÉN HINOJOSA ON PRESIDENT OBAMA'S PLAN FOR GUN SAFETY MEASURES
Jan 17, 2013

"I stand with President Obama on some of the most important points of his plan for gun safety. They include reinstituting the ban on military style assault weapons, requiring criminal background checks for all gun sales, and restoring the ban on high capacity ammunition magazines. I believe these laws must be put into place to prevent the tragic mass shootings that continue to plague our nation."

"We must do more to protect our children and our communities but in a proper and responsible way by providing more resources for safety and emergency response plans. I support our law enforcement officers by agreeing with the President on banning armor-piercing bullets."

"One of the most important aspects that we have found in these recent tragedies is the issue of mental health and the use of guns. We must help ensure that young people get the mental health treatment they need. We must ensure health insurance plans cover mental health benefits. Our schools should be made safer with more school resource officers and school counselors."

"I know many people from my district who are responsible gun owners. I believe in our right to bear arms, but I also believe in being more responsible in our laws when it comes to the purchase of certain types of guns and the amount of ammunition."

Congressman Rubén Hinojosa (D-TX-15)

http://hinojosa.house.gov/press-release/statement-congressman-rub%C3%A9n-hinojosa-president-obamas-plan-gun-safety-measures

Posted By: Halfadozen

Re: Congressman Ruben Hinojosa District 15 - 02/05/13 03:30 AM

What District?
Posted By: ditchdigger2

Re: Congressman Ruben Hinojosa District 15 - 02/05/13 03:38 AM

Lets vote him out!
Posted By: E-Cigrettman

Re: Congressman Ruben Hinojosa District 15 - 02/05/13 05:01 AM

Originally Posted By: Halfadozen
What District?

Representative Rubén Hinojosa
Democrat of Texas District 15
Posted By: stinkbelly

Re: Congressman Ruben Hinojosa District 15 - 02/05/13 12:42 PM

I hope he is up for re election soon.

Re: Congressman Ruben Hinojosa District 15 - 02/05/13 04:55 PM

Unfortunately, he just got re-elected. He became my representative because of redistricting.
Posted By: Dry Fire

Re: Congressman Ruben Hinojosa District 15 - 02/06/13 02:18 PM

And with the fastest growing Hispanic population, this is the face of our future Texas legislators. Disgusting.
Posted By: newulmboy

Re: Congressman Ruben Hinojosa District 15 - 02/06/13 02:46 PM

Originally Posted By: Dry Fire
And with the fastest growing Hispanic population, this is the face of our future Texas legislators. Disgusting.

Yep, I dont see him losing his seat unless they redistrict.
Posted By: Walt Kowalski

Re: Congressman Ruben Hinojosa District 15 - 02/06/13 03:17 PM

Looks like someone needs to get fired.

Re: Congressman Ruben Hinojosa District 15 - 02/07/13 04:34 PM

If you guys know people in his district please help get the word out to them about his stance. They can still vote Democrat but vote against him in the primary for a more moderate candidate.
Posted By: krhoads

Re: Congressman Ruben Hinojosa District 15 - 02/08/13 02:38 PM

I think this guys district is like the heart of Dallas, with the crazy people in Dallas (thanks a lot to the California migrators), the city is one of the most liberal I have been in. I am glad it hasn't spread to Fort Worth, but it is only a matter of time.
Posted By: Don Dial

Re: Congressman Ruben Hinojosa District 15 - 02/08/13 03:07 PM

You will also find that San Antonio is very liberal due to the large Hispanic population..but not all are liberals..my wife is
also Hispanic and having been exposed to my Scotch Irish East Texas..rear many years long ago opened her eyes...A lot of this
is caused by not realizing that we the People pay for the Govt..
that just because it prints money, doesn't mean it gets it thru honest effort and work, but off the back and sweat of the population....Unfortunately, our President still hasn't figured
it out either, or his wife wouldn't be going on $500,000 plus vacations..DD
Posted By: aeb

Re: Congressman Ruben Hinojosa District 15 - 02/08/13 03:39 PM

Originally Posted By: stinkbelly
I hope he is up for re election soon.

Every two years, just like all House members. It is in the Constitution that people are always talking about but seldom study.
Posted By: HeidelbergJaeger

Re: Congressman Ruben Hinojosa District 15 - 02/11/13 11:28 AM

Congress is a 535 person pileup with no chance to get it cleared up.
© 2024 Texas Hunting Forum