Texas Hunting Forum

Brick mason in my area?

Posted By: Couzin

Brick mason in my area? - 10/27/17 01:43 PM

I need contact information for a skilled brick mason that can open up some brick (4-5 bricks) around three outside faucets, then return and replace the brick with correct color mortar after the faucets are replaced. Somebody in or near Terrell please.
Posted By: bill oxner

Re: Brick mason in my area? - 10/27/17 11:07 PM

Someone screwed up. You should be able to replace your faucets without removing bricks. Study on it for awhile longer.

Re: Brick mason in my area? - 10/27/17 11:28 PM

They are apparently soldered on - won't budge. Access from inside is more of a hassle than removing bricks and section of sheathing. Behind a tub, in the far corner of kitchen cabinets, etc. Just poor design planning. The frostproofs are 50 years old so and no longer made so the guts cannot be replaced. Plumber said these are in other houses built here in this development and it is the same thing for almost every one of them.
Posted By: Western

Re: Brick mason in my area? - 10/28/17 12:18 AM

Ask your plumber if he can add a frost free faucet, they have a shroud about 6-8" square, some are even slightly ornate with various finishes. If he can chip out just enough room to heat and remove the old valve, he may be able to put the frost free on and hide the hole, idk, just a thought
Posted By: PMK

Re: Brick mason in my area? - 10/30/17 03:23 PM

hmmm, I wouldn't think the faucets are soldered on, maybe the fitting is soldered to the copper tubing, but should be a male or female threaded fitting that the faucets screws onto/into. I know I had to replace one of my faucets and had to chip away some of the brick to be able to get a wrench onto the fitting instead of twisting the copper tubing in too.
Posted By: Lazyjack

Re: Brick mason in my area? - 10/31/17 12:17 AM

I had a house built in 1977. It had a soldered in freeze faucet. I had to cut the sheetrock out behind it.

Yeah i sweated a threaded ell and converted it to a screw on type.
Posted By: ducknbass

Re: Brick mason in my area? - 10/31/17 01:54 AM

There is a little building in most towns where masons hangout. Think they do charity work. Call themselves free masons. Mau check them out.

Re: Brick mason in my area? - 10/31/17 04:21 PM

Originally Posted By: ducknbass
There is a little building in most towns where masons hangout. Think they do charity work. Call themselves free masons. Mau check them out.

Well - there went that thread...!
© 2024 Texas Hunting Forum