Texas Hunting Forum

Ground blinds?

Posted By: Lildude91

Ground blinds? - 08/10/18 10:46 AM

I’m looking to buy a ground blind for archery season I’ve looked at quiet a few and read plenty of reviews, in yalls opinion what is the best ground blind for bow hunting under $175. Thanks.
Posted By: BowsnRods

Re: Ground blinds? - 08/10/18 11:44 AM

The Muddy Xl from bass pro shop is pretty good for the price as is the Blackout which would be my first choice.
Posted By: Ricochet83

Re: Ground blinds? - 08/10/18 03:29 PM

Lildude91 I would take Bowsnrods suggestions as his blinds are very nice and very economical.
Posted By: Lildude91

Re: Ground blinds? - 08/10/18 03:32 PM

I appreciate the information
Posted By: Dalee7892

Re: Ground blinds? - 08/10/18 09:48 PM

What type bow compound, cross or long? Sometimes it makes a difference on the style of ground blind.
Posted By: Jimbo

Re: Ground blinds? - 08/11/18 05:07 PM

Bigger is always better. Get one that you can stand up in. You don't need one to shoot standing, just tall enough to stand up and stretch.
Sitting you don't have to worry about hitting the bow.
I've got a "Big Mike" that I bought last year for just a few bucks over a hundred, on sale.

https://www.barronettblinds.com/Product/2489/big-mike-hunting-blind-with-bloodtrail-blades-camo
Posted By: Paralax22

Re: Ground blinds? - 08/11/18 07:06 PM

Originally Posted By: Jimbo
Bigger is always better. Get one that you can stand up in. You don't need one to shoot standing, just tall enough to stand up and stretch.
Sitting you don't have to worry about hitting the bow.
I've got a "Big Mike" that I bought last year for just a few bucks over a hundred, on sale.

https://www.barronettblinds.com/Product/2489/big-mike-hunting-blind-with-bloodtrail-blades-camo
Posted By: Jimbo

Re: Ground blinds? - 08/12/18 01:49 AM

Once you get all your gear, bow and chair in the blind you'll soon find out that even the bigger blinds aren't really that big, but do allow you a little more freedom to move around a bit more.
Unless you are only about five feet tall, you can't stand perfectly upright without danger of hitting a limb somewhere on the roof if you aren't paying close attention. A tall directors chair, or adjustable height bar stool is perfect.
It's difficult enough to have to concentrate on your form, and placing the shot perfectly, than having to add another "what if" issue as to will my bow hit the top of my blind?
Posted By: nocknload

Re: Ground blinds? - 08/14/18 11:35 PM

I like the Krivoman and Double Bull blinds
Posted By: soonersorlaters

Re: Ground blinds? - 08/15/18 01:16 AM

It's a Ford / Chevy debate. I have a Game Winner XL blind from Academy that's very spacious. Regardless of what you get, clear your area well and take appropriate measures to seal the floor edges to minimize "critters" as appropriate. Above all, hammer it with a spray can of silicone to let the water run off instead of running in. Nothing sucks worse than a soggy seat on a long sit.
Posted By: kdkane1971

Re: Ground blinds? - 08/15/18 12:55 PM

I bought two RA200BW NEW BARRONETT BLINDS RADAR 2 PERSON HUNTING BACKWOODS HUB BLIND off ebay this summer at ~ $70/each. I can comfortably draw without touching the back wall of the blind. Set it on top of 3/4" plywood (6' x 8') which was secured to a frame built from 2' x 4's and then set on cinder blocks. Just brushed it in 2 weeks ago and will continuously add greenery throughout the season.

Posted By: Mr. T.

Re: Ground blinds? - 08/15/18 01:02 PM

Now, that's the best looking pop up blind I've every seen.
Posted By: Always ready 2 hunt

Re: Ground blinds? - 08/15/18 09:06 PM

Originally Posted By: kdkane1971
I bought two RA200BW NEW BARRONETT BLINDS RADAR 2 PERSON HUNTING BACKWOODS HUB BLIND off ebay this summer at ~ $70/each. I can comfortably draw without touching the back wall of the blind. Set it on top of 3/4" plywood (6' x 8') which was secured to a frame built from 2' x 4's and then set on cinder blocks. Just brushed it in 2 weeks ago and will continuously add greenery throughout the season.

I like it but me thinks the snakes are gonna like it too under that platform.
Posted By: stxranchman

Re: Ground blinds? - 08/15/18 09:27 PM

I have hunted out of a couple of different grounds blinds and they worked fine, just need to set them out and brush them way ahead of time. One was tall enough to stand up and the other was not. For me the window covers or how the windows are put in the blind were more important than the size of it. Nowadays I have several haybale blinds I bought or built myself. I just have to work my cattle rotation so that I do not have cattle in the pastures where I have these blinds. This one I bought a few years ago now and have replaced the straw mattes on it.

Posted By: hrdst_max

Re: Ground blinds? - 08/23/18 06:15 PM

Whatever blind you end up getting make sure you at least have enough room to draw your bow. And make sure you take some practice shots out of it before you put it to real use.
© 2024 Texas Hunting Forum