Texas Hunting Forum

Some Young County Prospects

Posted By: DQ Kid

Some Young County Prospects - 04/27/18 08:37 PM

Recent pics of some up and comers. How many different bucks are we looking at here 2-3?

Posted By: RANGERRONG

Re: Some Young County Prospects - 04/27/18 10:53 PM

nice
Posted By: Texas buckeye

Re: Some Young County Prospects - 04/27/18 11:38 PM

Pictures are tough, but based on brow tines I would say all the bucks are the same deer....don’t see anymore than one except in the picture with two deer, the other one could be a buck that has shed but could also be a doe.

Re: Some Young County Prospects - 04/28/18 02:37 AM

Think it's two different ones, top and bottom bucks same and 2nd and third pic same
Posted By: dogcatcher

Re: Some Young County Prospects - 04/28/18 03:29 AM

I think it is 2, the 2 pics of deer's head stuck in the protein feeder are 2 different ones.
Posted By: Erathkid

Re: Some Young County Prospects - 04/28/18 03:17 PM

Originally Posted By: DQ Kid
Think it's two different ones, top and bottom bucks same and 2nd and third pic same
Yep.
Posted By: nocknload

Re: Some Young County Prospects - 04/29/18 12:55 AM

nice buck DQ

Re: Some Young County Prospects - 04/30/18 04:04 PM

These 2-3 yo bucks?
Posted By: Texas buckeye

Re: Some Young County Prospects - 04/30/18 07:04 PM

Still not convinced these are two bucks....

Angle changes from first to second and third to fourth, agree first and fourth look the same and second and third look the same but the brows look similar among them all and there is nothing to say this isn’t the same buck just from a slightly different head angle both times. What am I missing?

Both “sets” show an 8pt with tines about the same length and width confused2
Posted By: stxranchman

Re: Some Young County Prospects - 04/30/18 07:30 PM

I agree that it appears to be the same buck in all those pics. The only thing I can tell appears different is the end of the left main beam. A few more pics might change my mind. I would call that buck a really rutted down 3 yr old from those pics.
Posted By: Erathkid

Re: Some Young County Prospects - 05/02/18 09:45 PM

Originally Posted By: Texas buckeye
Still not convinced these are two bucks....

Angle changes from first to second and third to fourth, agree first and fourth look the same and second and third look the same but the brows look similar among them all and there is nothing to say this isn’t the same buck just from a slightly different head angle both times. What am I missing?

Both “sets” show an 8pt with tines about the same length and width confused2
I believe you're right. After observing a couple more times, it appears to be one buck in all pics. Right browtine is very distinctive.
© 2024 Texas Hunting Forum