Texas Hunting Forum

full-o-pep protein

Posted By: magspa

full-o-pep protein - 01/22/18 06:34 PM

Any of you feeding this and if so do you like it? We've been feeding this a few years now. Havent noticed any difference and it takes a while for them to eat it even mixed with corn. We were thinking of switching to Lyssy & Eckle or the infamous double down.
Posted By: Hunter Daddy

Re: full-o-pep protein - 01/22/18 07:46 PM

I will NOT use Full-o-pep protein. The deer do not want to eat it. Our deer herd loves the Lyssy & Eckel protein. Lyssy & Eckel protein has everything in it so you won't need to feed anything else. The Full-o-pep pellets I tried were maybe old because they molded in the feeder within a month. I had been feeding L&E in my protein feeders and the feeders were just about out and I filled with the F-o-p and the deer did not want it. As soon as I cleaned out the 3 feeders and refilled with L&E the deer were back and eating it quickly again.
Posted By: Erathkid

Re: full-o-pep protein - 01/23/18 01:28 AM

So, no on the full o pep, correct? What about a 16% soybean corn mix, any real benefit? Paying $10 a bag. Any other suggestions? Can't get L&E around me.
Posted By: Deer Hound

Re: full-o-pep protein - 01/23/18 02:16 AM

Double Down we are 4 years in on feeding it no regrets have been very impressed with our results

Re: full-o-pep protein - 01/23/18 03:25 PM

Where do you get 'Double down'?

Re: full-o-pep protein - 01/23/18 03:28 PM

I used to get protein from 'Rockin' R' feed in Glen rose. They've recently closed shop. I cant remember the name, but it smelled like peanut butter. Had peanut hulls compressed in pellet form. Threw fine out of a spincast feeder and deer tore that stuff up. Wish I could find it. Anybody?

Re: full-o-pep protein - 01/24/18 12:42 AM

I get it in Dilley where they make it feed about 14 tons every 5-6 weeks
Posted By: jim1961

Re: full-o-pep protein - 01/24/18 04:17 PM

Speer Ag in Uvalde and Del Rio Feed both carry Double Down
Posted By: Ramball36

Re: full-o-pep protein - 01/25/18 04:35 AM

We’ve got Double Down in San Angelo now
Posted By: sbushee

Re: full-o-pep protein - 01/26/18 12:47 PM

Originally Posted By: Deer Hound
I get it in Dilley where they make it feed about 14 tons every 5-6 weeks
man that’s $62,000 a year if you get DD for .26 a pound. That’s a hefty protein bill

Re: full-o-pep protein - 01/28/18 07:02 PM

Our feed bill was right at 100k last year DD does not include the other protien or some of the other things we feed.
© 2024 Texas Hunting Forum