Texas Hunting Forum

Webb County Rut???

Posted By: huntingdomer

Webb County Rut??? - 12/21/17 06:16 PM

Anybody have a rut report for Webb County? I'm heading to south Texas this weekend to hunt outside Laredo and trying to get an idea what to expect. TIA.
Posted By: fouzman

Re: Webb County Rut??? - 12/21/17 06:20 PM

Just got back Monday. Rut is on. But no responses to horns or vocalizations, and our buck:doe ratio is 1:1, maybe 1.5 to 1. Observations were limited, as our place is so wet we really couldn't get around the ranch much. Had a 160+ come in checking does about 8:30 Monday morning, by the house. Sniffed around a little and left. We'll be back on the 28th if it doesn't rain much between now and then. I believe the first does cycled after the last full moon and we're in a bit of a lull right now. Next full moon (The Wolf Moon) comes January 1-2 and is a Supermoon. The week after should be on fire.
Posted By: Hunter Daddy

Re: Webb County Rut??? - 12/21/17 07:34 PM

Anytime after X-mas till the end of the season will be the best time to hunt around the Laredo area. If its cool then it should be great hunting.
Posted By: huntingdomer

Re: Webb County Rut??? - 12/21/17 07:42 PM

Thanks, guys. We will give it the ole college try and see if we can do any good.
Posted By: REALKILLER

Re: Webb County Rut??? - 12/22/17 12:10 PM

A 160 sniffin around the house? You must be on a HF bs
Posted By: ChrisB

Re: Webb County Rut??? - 12/22/17 02:12 PM

Originally Posted By: REALKILLER
A 160 sniffin around the house? You must be on a HF bs

Low fence around that house.
Posted By: fouzman

Re: Webb County Rut??? - 12/22/17 02:47 PM

Correct, low fence 900 acres at the headquarters. Our neighbors are 8,500 acres low fence. ChrisB has been there. The 160+ was 4.5 and about 150" last year.
Posted By: hook_n_line

Re: Webb County Rut??? - 12/22/17 03:34 PM

I was down in Webb last week. Saw some fighting among small bucks. Saw 2 really nice ones and lots of chasing From Tuesday Through Thursday then it shutdown. Got a few deer they wanted out of there and javalina. Javalina wasn't bad in tacos. popcorn

Posted By: copperhead

Re: Webb County Rut??? - 12/29/17 01:00 PM

Just got back from La Salle county last night. Since it's gotten colder the activity has really picked up.
© 2024 Texas Hunting Forum