Texas Hunting Forum

Anyone else...

Posted By: Bcap

Anyone else... - 12/16/17 10:55 PM

Out in this rain right now. It has been another super slow weekend in east Texas. Anyone seeing anything?
Posted By: Creekrunner

Re: Anyone else... - 12/16/17 10:57 PM

'Not out there with ya, but may you find an East Texas monster! up
Posted By: Swimmer

Re: Anyone else... - 12/16/17 11:02 PM

Was out in San Jaconto county this AM in a light rain. Just a couple of does, but not really interested in feeder.
Posted By: Roll-Tide

Re: Anyone else... - 12/16/17 11:09 PM

Yep out in Henderson county nothing moving but im dry
Posted By: Fat Tire

Re: Anyone else... - 12/16/17 11:20 PM

Yep. Saw a few small does and a buck with one side broken off. Made me wonder if that would be a legal deer since the broken side is just a couple of inches tall. Is that considered an unbranched antler?
Posted By: GusWayne

Re: Anyone else... - 12/16/17 11:34 PM

Originally Posted By: Fat Tire
Yep. Saw a few small does and a buck with one side broken off. Made me wonder if that would be a legal deer since the broken side is just a couple of inches tall. Is that considered an unbranched antler?

If the broken off side is unbranched he's legal
Posted By: Dropp-243

Re: Anyone else... - 12/16/17 11:37 PM

Originally Posted By: procraft05

Guess he would have to have it with him.LOL
Posted By: billyhunt

Re: Anyone else... - 12/16/17 11:53 PM

Just came in the house. Been coming down pretty steady here. There was bucks moving, real spooky. Got a song dog, that might be why they were skiddish.

Re: Anyone else... - 12/17/17 12:16 AM

No deer, one bore 200+ pounds right at dark we’re gonna let him lay till the morning, biggest one I’ve seen in the stand.
Posted By: jbseamus83

Re: Anyone else... - 12/17/17 01:58 AM

Was out all afternoon. Rain was off and on in Coleman county. Had the deer moving pretty well. Didn't see any monsters but took a doe for the freezer!
Posted By: Buck25-06

Re: Anyone else... - 12/17/17 03:19 AM

Out this morn lots doe only one buck wide but more broaken off than still remaining.
Posted By: REALKILLER

Re: Anyone else... - 12/17/17 01:13 PM

Saved my energy for a Christmas party
Posted By: RedRaider13

Re: Anyone else... - 12/17/17 02:55 PM

Been a pretty active weekend for us. 2 hogs, 2 coyotes, 1 buck and a turkey have been taken on our place. Have seen an average of 7 deer every sit. Couple of young bucks chasing, but older age class bucks seem to be up and feeding.

Re: Anyone else... - 12/17/17 05:24 PM

Couldn’t find the hog this morning but did find this. Too bad I couldn’t have got a pick with a massive bore and this buck!

Re: Anyone else... - 12/17/17 05:26 PM

Posted By: hoof n wings

Re: Anyone else... - 12/17/17 11:08 PM

Originally Posted By: Dropp-243

I'd check with the local GW. I was told by one that they were going to crack down on it 2cents
Posted By: Grizz

Re: Anyone else... - 12/18/17 12:48 AM

Originally Posted By: hoof n wings
Originally Posted By: Dropp-243

I'd check with the local GW. I was told by one that they were going to crack down on it 2cents

I think this is one of those county to county interpretation things. I talked to the Game Warden in Hood Co. last week about this very thing and he told me it doesn't matter if it's unbranched because it's broken off, it's just unbranched and therefore legal. Now, if they have evidence the hunter "unbranched" it himself to make it legal, that would be a different story.
Posted By: Dalee7892

Re: Anyone else... - 12/18/17 12:53 AM

Grizz, no Hunter would intentionally break off an antler, would they? confused2
Posted By: Grizz

Re: Anyone else... - 12/18/17 01:54 AM

Originally Posted By: Dalee7892
Grizz, no Hunter would intentionally break off an antler, would they? confused2

Never...unless that legal buck they shot turned into a 12 1/2" spread buck when it hit the ground. deer2
Posted By: Swimmer

Re: Anyone else... - 12/18/17 02:42 AM

Originally Posted By: Bcap
Couldn’t find the hog this morning but did find this. Too bad I couldn’t have got a pick with a massive bore and this buck!

Congratulations! I like that rack.
© 2024 Texas Hunting Forum