Texas Hunting Forum

Who's hunting this morning? Update!! Pics up!!!!

Posted By: TAT

Who's hunting this morning? Update!! Pics up!!!! - 12/08/17 02:14 PM

I'm giving it a shot in NETX. it's chilly too. Pop up isn't warm at all. Lol

See my last post in this thread. Added some pics!!!!
Posted By: TEXASLEFTY

Re: Who's hunting this morning? - 12/08/17 02:17 PM

Me, in the panhandle.

That's for my stand is pink, she posted a nice pic the other day
Posted By: Navasot

Re: Who's hunting this morning? - 12/08/17 02:18 PM

work
Posted By: TFF Caribou

Re: Who's hunting this morning? - 12/08/17 02:19 PM

Originally Posted By: Navasot
work

Just finished a 7 day 82 hour work week. Tomorrow I start a 6 day 75 hour week. I had to get a hunt in.
Posted By: Erathkid

Re: Who's hunting this morning? - 12/08/17 02:23 PM

Me. Windows were frozen along with my feet. Just melted one of my shoes on the little buddy. Nothing moving here. Turkey should show up soon. Theyre entertaining to watch. Had 6 gobblers yesterday. Fighting and spurring each other.

Re: Who's hunting this morning? - 12/08/17 02:30 PM

That's always fun to watch!!!

All the dove just flew off from the feeder! Might be something back in the woods coming to feeder or food plot. I noticed yesterday my food plot had seen a lot of action. All the deer came out late but straight to the plot and to the greens!!! Acorns must be running out! Hopefully.

Re: Who's hunting this morning? - 12/08/17 02:32 PM

Re: Who's hunting this morning? - 12/08/17 02:34 PM

There's the food plot. Lots of oaks behind it. Big oaks.
Posted By: redchevy

Re: Who's hunting this morning? - 12/08/17 02:37 PM

My old man is out this morning looking at a site I have never seen, the place is covered in snow, he texted from the stand this morning he thought he might be in Canada an not south texas lol.

Movement was slow early but seems to be picking up he said many more deer moving now.
Posted By: chk

Re: Who's hunting this morning? - 12/08/17 02:38 PM

I'm here in Knox county, great morning!

One doe so far.

Re: Who's hunting this morning? - 12/08/17 02:56 PM

Just had young buck come through. Spike on left side.right side had 3 points on the first main beam and no points on the second main beam. Cool looking deer just really really young.

Re: Who's hunting this morning? - 12/08/17 03:03 PM

Good luck all!!! Deer are starting to move!
Posted By: dlrz71

Re: Who's hunting this morning? - 12/08/17 03:10 PM

work here frown
Posted By: BuffaloSpringsRD

Re: Who's hunting this morning? - 12/08/17 03:10 PM

Working but hunting vicariously through yall
Posted By: clu

Re: Who's hunting this morning? - 12/08/17 03:14 PM

Saw 6 here in Lee Co so far. Fixin to get out to go feed cows. They looked hungry when I came in this morn and confused from the snow. grin. Just saw a 6 and another doe. Looks like its about to heat up.
Posted By: Las Colinas Hunter

Re: Who's hunting this morning? - 12/08/17 03:16 PM

Heading out this afternoon - taking a half day. So looking forward to getting in the stand.
Posted By: Mr. T.

Re: Who's hunting this morning? - 12/08/17 03:26 PM

At Work, but wishing all of you a great day and a great hunt.
Posted By: rdmac

Re: Who's hunting this morning? - 12/08/17 03:27 PM

I'm working today, but will be in stand in the morning.

Re: Who's hunting this morning? - 12/08/17 03:28 PM

About time for me to head to the house and let the pups out, then head to the 'ville. I think I'll dump 100lbs of corn on the ground and see what happens this evening. Later, fella's

Re: Who's hunting this morning? - 12/08/17 03:34 PM

Just had 3 doe come out into food plot.
Posted By: Stub

Re: Who's hunting this morning? - 12/08/17 03:57 PM

Did not get into the blind until a little after 7, have not seen any deer movement, squirrels started running around about 45 minutes ago and the crows are out.

Re: Who's hunting this morning? - 12/08/17 09:44 PM

Anyone still at it? I left around 11 to take my son to eat at the dairy bar in MV. Got back in the pop up around 1:30. Seen two more doe. I can hear stuff in the woods though. Probably 300 pound squirrels! Lol.

Good luck to everyone this evening.

Re: Who's hunting this morning? - 12/08/17 09:50 PM

Been back in the blind since about 1:15, it's super still this afternoon.....

Re: Who's hunting this morning? - 12/08/17 09:52 PM

Scratch that.... possum in the feed pen.
Posted By: Txduckman

Re: Who's hunting this morning? - 12/09/17 03:02 AM

Warming by the campfire now. Got the buddy heater ready for morning. I heard it's pretty dead now though. Seems our deer like the warm temps. 15 to 25 degrees not ideal for seeing much here.

I saw more deer in the fields off 380 in Denton than at lease tonight. Ug.

Re: Who's hunting this morning? - 12/09/17 06:09 AM

Well my evening ended at 5:02!!!! One of my target old mature bucks came out and it happened fast. He's been on the decline the last few years as he's old as mosses! Lol. Never got a pic one of this deer but have been trying to get him since he was a big ole 9. He is an 8 now with some cool kickers and trash off of the back of one of his Browtines. The old man is down. I had him judged at 5.5 when I first saw him. This was over 3 years ago. He is a lot smaller now body and horn wise. But I knew as soon as he came out it was him. He always had white rings around his eyes and super white belly and legs. The ole 308 did her job. Bitter sweet really but a true trophy in my book!!! Enjoy the pics. Sorry they are bad pics but I was alone as normal and had little light remaining. I'm so excited about him. It's just one of those things. Lol.

Re: Who's hunting this morning? - 12/09/17 06:14 AM

I'll try to post a few more I have when I have better signal. Taking forever to load. I've seen guy many times but never had a chance to deal. I have a couple that are big ole deer period but this one I was looking for and told myself if I got a chance at him I would take him. Another great hunt in the books. Gearing my trophy old buck was just icing on the cake!!! This buxknwas taken from my land, which makes it even more special to me. Time to head to the lease now out west and see what I can get done!!!!

Hope y'all had a great evening hunt and good luck to all me fellow THF'ers!!!!
Posted By: Pitchfork Predator

Re: Who's hunting this morning? - 12/09/17 12:49 PM

Congrats TAT, nice buck! Great story as well. cheers

Re: Who's hunting this morning? - 12/09/17 01:14 PM

Thanks pitchfork, it was fun!!! Is he a boomer no, is he awesome, heck ya!!! I'll set some more this weekend and do more pig control!!! Or predators.

Good luck all!!!! They should be moving again! Probably late again. Yesterday morning I started seeing deer around 8:45 or so. I think. Lol.
Posted By: dlrz71

Re: Who's hunting this morning? - 12/09/17 02:05 PM

Congrats!! An old warrior right there. Glad you got him cheers
Posted By: Cueman

Re: Who's hunting this morning? - 12/09/17 02:30 PM

Nice Job. Nothing moving at our place. 3 Doe.

Re: Who's hunting this morning? - 12/09/17 02:40 PM

It's starting to warm a little now. I bet stuff will be moving pretty quick. Mid day might be good. Bright moon last night.

Re: Who's hunting this morning? - 12/09/17 02:41 PM

Thanks all!!! I was excited. Lots of work out into my place this year. Time to wreak havoc on pigs!
Posted By: Red Cloud

Re: Who's hunting this morning? - 12/09/17 02:53 PM

TAT, TROPHY BUCK for sure, congratulations on taking that ole stud! I won't be out again until the 15th, thanks for keeping us posted on your hunts. I will try to do the same from So. Texas next week. texas cowboy

Re: Who's hunting this morning? - 12/09/17 02:56 PM

I'm really thinking of heading to my lease by abiline and seeing if I can get me another one!! Lol. Off until Monday!!! Good luck all. I'll be posting more in this thread. If I don't go west I'll stay here and try and now down some pigs!!!
Posted By: Navasot

Re: Who's hunting this morning? - 12/09/17 05:59 PM

Originally Posted By: TAT

cheers
Posted By: Jimbo

Re: Who's hunting this morning? - 12/09/17 07:34 PM

Nice Buck! up
Posted By: Bcap

Re: Who's hunting this morning? - 12/09/17 09:38 PM

I’m hunting in Palestine/pert area. Decided and switch it up this evening got a glimpse of two does this am but after checking the cam. Absolutely no deer hitting the feeder during the day. So I decided to slip down to the bottom and hunt this stand with a marsh land and creeks in front of me.

Re: Who's hunting this morning? - 12/09/17 09:42 PM

Thanks all!

Thanks Nav! I've been putting in more work every year on my place. Getting bigger machinery helps!!! Now if I just new more about food plots!! Lol. This one did turn out pretty nice. Deer are finally hitting it. Acorns are about gone! Got my east Texas buck, can still take a spike but all mine are young. They get passes. Back to the lease soon to try for another buck out that way. It's not over till it's over! I've put in the hours and paid my dues up to this point. Noting better than setting and looking at all my hard work! Lol. Deer are a bonus for sure!

Re: Who's hunting this morning? - 12/09/17 09:43 PM

Good looking spot Bcap. My buck yesterday I shot moved right at 5. Good luck bud.

Re: Who's hunting this morning? - 12/09/17 10:36 PM

Great buck, TAT. My Dad is from Mount Vernon. He grew up hunting squirrels and fishing along White oak bayou. If that is a Franklin county deer, he's mighty impressive. Congratulations cheers
Posted By: Bcap

Re: Who's hunting this morning? - 12/09/17 10:54 PM

Doesn’t help any when neighbor sounds like they’re target practicing next door 😡😡😡

Re: Who's hunting this morning? - 12/10/17 01:55 AM

Hey erath. It is in franklin county. I was born and raised here. Can't wait to move back one day! Once I have my other house built here so I can get out of the city! Lol. I can't complain to much. The city makes me a good living. All my family has been in MV for a long long time. I'm sure my dad or pepaw knows your dad.

Re: Who's hunting this morning? - 12/10/17 01:57 AM

Originally Posted By: Erathkid
Great buck, TAT. My Dad is from Mount Vernon. He grew up hunting squirrels and fishing along White oak bayou. If that is a Franklin county deer, he's mighty impressive. Congratulations cheers

Thanks for the compliment about my buck. I was very and still am excited about him. Not near the biggest I've seen but we have a little history together and that made it worth while. It's amazing to see how much he has changed over the years.
Posted By: drycreek3189

Re: Who's hunting this morning? - 12/10/17 04:01 AM

I was this morning, and it were chilly out ! In Rusk Co. on a lease that I've been on three years. Never killed a deer until today, but that doesn't bother me much as I have three other places to hunt and one of my best friends and his son are on it too. On this small property any legal buck 3.5 or older is fair game so when this one walked out onto my wheat, I sent a 140 gr. Sierra GK his way. [img]https://texashuntingforum.com/forum/pics/usergals/2017/12/full-56597-128169-image.png[/img

Well, looks like I can't post a picture ? Let's see, he was brown, had four legs and eight points, and I'll bet he eats good !
Posted By: Longhunter

Re: Who's hunting this morning? - 12/10/17 12:35 PM

Anyone else out this morning 12/10?
Posted By: Jkylew

Re: Who's hunting this morning? - 12/10/17 12:54 PM

In a blind in Palo Pinto co. Fingers crossed.
Posted By: DoveMaster

Re: Who's hunting this morning? - 12/10/17 01:09 PM

Bow hunting my land, wondering if rut is still on or not, lake ray roberts
Posted By: Longhunter

Re: Who's hunting this morning? - 12/10/17 01:16 PM

6 bucks 1 doe. Fork horn on up to a 10 point all young.

Re: Who's hunting this morning? - 12/10/17 06:02 PM

It was chilly here. Set till 11. Actually forgot my phone in my truck so I had no idea what time it was. Lol. Saw a good bit of deer one really nice 10. I've seen a few times never this close or for so long. That's how it goes though! I figure he's about 3.5. Next year if he makes it he will be really good. I'll let my youngest son take him too if he wants too. He's 13 now and hard for him to set still. Never been a problem till this year. Lol. I'm on hog duty now or predators. Seeing a ton of doe. Wish one would have came out during thanksgiving !!! I like sitting and seeing what's coming out. I'll be in Austin area next weekend hunting and back to the lease by abiline after Christmas. Been a lot of fun hunting my own land here close to MV.

On a side note deer are hitting the food plot pretty hard now! Finally. I knew since I was seeing a lot of squirrels at the feeder the acorns must be being ate up! Deer haven't been to my feeder much but go into the plot. I bet if it will really get cold there is no telling what could come out.

Good luck all!!!! Deer are moving for sure.

Re: Who's hunting this morning? - 12/10/17 06:03 PM

Originally Posted By: drycreek3189
I was this morning, and it were chilly out ! In Rusk Co. on a lease that I've been on three years. Never killed a deer until today, but that doesn't bother me much as I have three other places to hunt and one of my best friends and his son are on it too. On this small property any legal buck 3.5 or older is fair game so when this one walked out onto my wheat, I sent a 140 gr. Sierra GK his way. [img]https://texashuntingforum.com/forum/pics/usergals/2017/12/full-56597-128169-image.png[/img

Well, looks like I can't post a picture ? Let's see, he was brown, had four legs and eight points, and I'll bet he eats good !

Can't get pic to open. Congrats though!!!!

Re: Who's hunting this morning? - 12/10/17 10:33 PM

I was this morning and am right now. Jumped 2 deer walking to the stand an hour ago. This morning was magical. I was covered up in deer until 9:30 or so. A couple across the fence were probably 180"-230". Absolute monsters. Deer on our side were substantially smaller. Oh well. They're native Texas deer. Saw a coyote but didn't have time to get the gun on him. Beautiful evening right now. Dead quiet. My ears are ringing like a mofo. whip

Re: Who's hunting this morning? - 12/10/17 11:08 PM

Originally Posted By: TAT
Originally Posted By: Erathkid

Thanks for the compliment about my buck. I was very and still am excited about him. Not near the biggest I've seen but we have a little history together and that made it worth while. It's amazing to see how much he has changed over the years.
Gerald or Linda Cates ring a bell? They were my cousins,RIP. They lived close to 30. Bobby Maples was her brother. He and Dandy Don Meredith were both pro ball players from MV. Cool that you're from there. Good luck out west. You're right, it ain't over 'til it's over.

Re: Who's hunting this morning? - 12/10/17 11:18 PM

TAT, there is awesome fishing near MV as you know. Some of the prettiest lakes in east Texas. I love Bob Sandlin.

Re: Who's hunting this morning? - 12/10/17 11:19 PM

It's dead quiet here too. I can hear movement in the trees. I know the names but not the people themselves. I'll ask my dad. I'll bet he knows them.

I can hear pigs now!!! Hope they come out before dark.

Re: Who's hunting this morning? - 12/10/17 11:22 PM

up

Re: Who's hunting this morning? - 12/11/17 12:27 AM

He came out right at dark! So tired of pigs! Lol. It's 160 yards to my feeder and that's where he took his last breath! One more down. Millions to go. He was a nasty one too. Smelled awful. Like straight sewage. Didn't even take pics of him. He went straight to the dump zone. Got a cam on it so we will see what comes in. Gonna hunt in the morning before I gotta head home. frown..... Back to the real world I guess.

Hope everyone has had a great weekend of hunting and feel free to post pics of yalls success this weekend!

Re: Who's hunting this morning? - 12/12/17 02:51 PM

Cold and windy here. Just had a doe on our side tempting three monsters on their side. Still waiting on the 20" buck.
Posted By: Stub

Re: Who's hunting this morning? - 12/12/17 04:52 PM

Not this am, back out Thursday up Heck of a nice old Buck TAT cheers

Re: Who's hunting this morning? - 12/12/17 08:39 PM

Thanks guys! Still excited about him. I saw pretty good deer movement Sunday evening but saw nada yesterday morning. Was lucky enough to take my sister hunting with me though. It doesn't sound like a big thing but I recently just met my sister for the first time. I'm 36 and she's 33. While we didn't see anything it was still an awesome hunt! First time she had ever been. We had a blast.
© 2024 Texas Hunting Forum