Texas Hunting Forum

Brown County

Posted By: duelerdude

Brown County - 11/30/17 02:41 AM

Is anyone hunting Brown County having issues with not seeing any bucks? Nothing on camera or in person since the end of October.
Posted By: Dalroo

Re: Brown County - 11/30/17 03:08 AM

I'm seeing lots of small ones, but nothing of size. Southern Brown County.

Re: Brown County - 11/30/17 03:20 AM

I'm about 5 miles outside of Bangs, my cameras where averaging about 10-15 deer a day with at least 1/2 being bucks. I'm thinking it may be just the weather.

Re: Brown County - 11/30/17 03:30 AM

Posted By: QuitShootinYoungBucks

Re: Brown County - 11/30/17 03:42 PM

I put up a new stand in Mills the other day. First morning I hunted it I had 9 bucks and two does with fawns. Sometimes you have to change it up, particularly if you are hunting feeders and they aren't hitting them.
Posted By: RDNCK

Re: Brown County - 11/30/17 06:01 PM

Originally Posted By: QuitShootinYoungBucks
I put up a new stand in Mills the other day. First morning I hunted it I had 9 bucks and two does with fawns. Sometimes you have to change it up, particularly if you are hunting feeders and they aren't hitting them.

We have changed up in the past with good success
Posted By: HankZudd

Re: Brown County - 12/01/17 12:44 AM

hunted Camp Bowie last weekend; didn't seen anything either morning;
Sat. afternoon a guy in the stand next to me got a nice 140lb 8 pt, around
4-5 yo; saw a TON of deer both sides of Lampasass driving down Fri. night frown

Re: Brown County - 12/02/17 03:16 AM

The last two days that I was up there decided to sit away from the feeders. Set up in some trees near a drainage canal over looking a big mesquite flat, no luck! Just a young doe crossing thru. Have always hunted Junction/Mason area so I don't know if it is the hot weather or my hunting technics being used to the hill country for 20 plus years!

Re: Brown County - 12/02/17 03:42 AM

© 2024 Texas Hunting Forum