Texas Hunting Forum

TEXAS CHRONIC WASTING DISEASE CWD TSE PRION MOUNTING 63 CASES CONFIRMED TO DATE NOVEMBER 27, 2017

Posted By: flounder

TEXAS CHRONIC WASTING DISEASE CWD TSE PRION MOUNTING 63 CASES CONFIRMED TO DATE NOVEMBER 27, 2017 - 11/27/17 05:16 PM

MONDAY, NOVEMBER 27, 2017

TEXAS CHRONIC WASTING DISEASE CWD TSE PRION MOUNTING 63 CASES CONFIRMED TO DATE NOVEMBER 27, 2017

http://chronic-wasting-disease.blogspot.com/2017/11/texas-chronic-wasting-disease-cwd-tse.html

kind regards, terry

Re: TEXAS CHRONIC WASTING DISEASE CWD TSE PRION MOUNTING 63 CASES CONFIRMED TO DATE NOVEMBER 27, 2017 - 12/01/17 07:08 PM

FRIDAY, DECEMBER 01, 2017

TEXAS TAHC CWD TSE PRION SURVEILLANCE AND REPORTING UNDER QUESTION, 14 CAPTIVE CASES CWD DETECTED 2017 SO FAR

http://chronic-wasting-disease.blogspot.com/2017/12/texas-tahc-cwd-tse-prion-surveillance.html

kind regards, terry
Posted By: BowsnRods

Re: TEXAS CHRONIC WASTING DISEASE CWD TSE PRION MOUNTING 63 CASES CONFIRMED TO DATE NOVEMBER 27, 2017 - 12/02/17 02:21 AM

I blame the Russian's and North Korea and the Obama administration for CWD. Crunchy Whitetail Deer, too many people just over cooking their venison.
Posted By: kyle1974

Re: TEXAS CHRONIC WASTING DISEASE CWD TSE PRION MOUNTING 63 CASES CONFIRMED TO DATE NOVEMBER 27, 2017 - 12/02/17 03:51 AM

so roughly 80% of the cases so far are low fence deer?

yeah... let's keep blaming the deer breeders for it.
Posted By: BOBO the Clown

Re: TEXAS CHRONIC WASTING DISEASE CWD TSE PRION MOUNTING 63 CASES CONFIRMED TO DATE NOVEMBER 27, 2017 - 12/02/17 01:33 PM

Wow just wow now TAHC and USDA are covering up mad cow in Texas.

Bat dropping crazy has morphed into crazier. Didn’t think it was possible

Posted By: maximus_flavius

Re: TEXAS CHRONIC WASTING DISEASE CWD TSE PRION MOUNTING 63 CASES CONFIRMED TO DATE NOVEMBER 27, 2017 - 12/02/17 01:52 PM

Originally Posted By: kyle1974

Don't worry, I'm sure most here will blame HF operators anyways

"muh deer migrate"

You know what would be nice, OP? Maybe a little summation of the articles every time you post these. I'm not reading all that crap anyway, & don't really care about the subject anyway, plus I have a very short attention span. But if your trying to disseminate information, no matter how asinine, a brief summary would be helpful.

Re: TEXAS CHRONIC WASTING DISEASE CWD TSE PRION MOUNTING 63 CASES CONFIRMED TO DATE NOVEMBER 27, 2017 - 12/03/17 02:25 AM

CWD is real, and it's bad.

the politicizing is being done by the real big money in texas... and it's not the guy on a 1000 acres selling a few breeder deer every year.

Re: TEXAS CHRONIC WASTING DISEASE CWD TSE PRION MOUNTING 63 CASES CONFIRMED TO DATE NOVEMBER 27, 2017 - 12/03/17 03:25 PM

SATURDAY, DECEMBER 02, 2017 TEXAS

TAHC CWD TSE PRION Trace Herds INs and OUTs Summary Minutes of the 399th and 398th Commission Meeting – 8/22/2017 5/9/2017

http://chronic-wasting-disease.blogspot.com/2017/12/texas-tahc-cwd-tse-prion-trace-herds.html

kind regards, terry
Posted By: Jimbo

Re: TEXAS CHRONIC WASTING DISEASE CWD TSE PRION MOUNTING 63 CASES CONFIRMED TO DATE NOVEMBER 27, 2017 - 12/03/17 03:34 PM

Texas reported cases of CWD have been in one isolated area of Texas, namely Medina and adjoining Uvalde counties, and not for hundreds of miles in any direction.
Must have been transmitted by birds. Certainly couldn't have been imported from somewhere else by a breeder! Probably couldn't find a breeder within 1000 miles of those counties huh?
Animals regularly escape from high fenced areas due to wind storms and floods knocking down portions of high fence, so low fenced areas soon get contaminated as well and to believe otherwise is naive.

http://www.tahc.state.tx.us/news/2017/2017-10-18_CWDElk.pdf

Re: TEXAS CHRONIC WASTING DISEASE CWD TSE PRION MOUNTING 63 CASES CONFIRMED TO DATE NOVEMBER 27, 2017 - 12/03/17 03:41 PM

I think you need to read the information again Jimbo.... There were CWD cases found in Medina, but cases have existed in west texas for decades. the very link flounder posted lists 14 cases of CWD found in mule deer herds in west texas

added to that, deer breeding facilities have to test at 100% for the last couple of years, in addition to random testing. and this is what has been found. every single deer that is killed or dies has to be tested.

we're testing these facilities at 100%, and testing free range deer at about .01%. let's test every single killed free range deer and see how the cards fall, huh?

if we just cared about dead deer, then where's the fear mongering over EHD? that kills a [censored] ton of deer year after year... and when is the last time there was a full blown effort by the king ranch and TPW to even heighten awareness about the problem?

Re: TEXAS CHRONIC WASTING DISEASE CWD TSE PRION MOUNTING 63 CASES CONFIRMED TO DATE NOVEMBER 27, 2017 - 12/03/17 03:50 PM

I think you need to read the information again Jimbo.... There were CWD cases found in Medina, but cases have existed in west texas for decades. the very link flounder posted lists 14 cases of CWD found in mule deer herds in west texas

added to that, deer breeding facilities have to test at 100% for the last couple of years, in addition to random testing. and this is what has been found. every single deer that is killed or dies has to be tested.

we're testing these facilities at 100%, and testing free range deer at about .01%. let's test every single killed free range deer and see how the cards fall, huh?

So what your saying is CWD has always been around in free range deer, and couldn't have be transported into our state.
I'm sure testing every singe deer will still not prove anything once the genie is out of the bottle, so pointing fingers is a mute point.

Re: TEXAS CHRONIC WASTING DISEASE CWD TSE PRION MOUNTING 63 CASES CONFIRMED TO DATE NOVEMBER 27, 2017 - 12/03/17 04:02 PM

Originally Posted By: Jimbo

Texas reported cases of CWD have been in one isolated area of Texas, namely Medina and adjoining Uvalde counties, and not for hundreds of miles in any direction.
Must have been transmitted by birds. Certainly couldn't have been imported from somewhere else by a breeder! Probably couldn't find a breeder within 1000 miles of those counties huh?
Animals regularly escape from high fenced areas due to wind storms and floods knocking down portions of high fence, so low fenced areas soon get contaminated as well and to believe otherwise is naive.

http://www.tahc.state.tx.us/news/2017/2017-10-18_CWDElk.pdf

Ummm Nope CWD was first reported/observerd in West TX along NM border, via Mule deer almost a decade ago.

Re: TEXAS CHRONIC WASTING DISEASE CWD TSE PRION MOUNTING 63 CASES CONFIRMED TO DATE NOVEMBER 27, 2017 - 12/03/17 04:04 PM

no my point is that was first seen/proven in colorado, where there were no white tail breeding facilities, and now it's nothing but an attack on the deer breeding industry. No one knows exactly how or when it originated, but the fact it was found in a breeding facility isn't surprising.

is there any other herd of animals that are checked several times a week in a controlled environment? not to mention, the interaction is totally different in a breeding facility. 20-25 deer in a single pen less than an acre, so infection rates are going to be higher.

testing every single deer might prove that the % of free range with CWD versus the % of captive deer with CWD isn't all that different. Right now it's all the deer breeders fault, and the big money pumping in from the king ranch and others wants to keep it that way.

Re: TEXAS CHRONIC WASTING DISEASE CWD TSE PRION MOUNTING 63 CASES CONFIRMED TO DATE NOVEMBER 27, 2017 - 12/03/17 04:04 PM

So what your saying is CWD has always been around in free range deer, and couldn't have be transported into our state.
I'm sure testing every singe deer will still not prove anything once the genie is out of the bottle, so pointing fingers is a mute point.

Fact, as history is currently reported, it walked across border via mule deer.

Re: TEXAS CHRONIC WASTING DISEASE CWD TSE PRION MOUNTING 63 CASES CONFIRMED TO DATE NOVEMBER 27, 2017 - 12/03/17 04:12 PM

I read that a disease with common effects was documented in Europe with sheep herds 400+ years ago.

CWD wasn't just "created" in an elk breeding facility out of thin air.

Re: TEXAS CHRONIC WASTING DISEASE CWD TSE PRION MOUNTING 63 CASES CONFIRMED TO DATE NOVEMBER 27, 2017 - 12/03/17 04:18 PM

I read that a disease with common effects was documented in Europe with sheep herds 400+ years ago.

CWD wasn't just "created" in an elk breeding facility out of thin air.

Forsure.
We also have to remember it was first “observed” in 60’s.

Unglulates populations have being rebounding since 1900’s. In the last 100years the lower 48 has not seen the herd numbers and densities that we have today. In fact density wise we may be at the highest North America has ever seen, due to the minute amount of habitat.

Re: TEXAS CHRONIC WASTING DISEASE CWD TSE PRION MOUNTING 63 CASES CONFIRMED TO DATE NOVEMBER 27, 2017 - 12/04/17 06:11 PM

no my point is that was first seen/proven in colorado, where there were no white tail breeding facilities, and now it's nothing but an attack on the deer breeding industry. No one knows exactly how or when it originated, but the fact it was found in a breeding facility isn't surprising.

is there any other herd of animals that are checked several times a week in a controlled environment? not to mention, the interaction is totally different in a breeding facility. 20-25 deer in a single pen less than an acre, so infection rates are going to be higher.

testing every single deer might prove that the % of free range with CWD versus the % of captive deer with CWD isn't all that different. Right now it's all the deer breeders fault, and the big money pumping in from the king ranch and others wants to keep it that way.

COLORADO THE ORIGIN OF CHRONIC WASTING DISEASE CWD TSE PRION?

*** Spraker suggested an interesting explanation for the occurrence of CWD. The deer pens at the Foot Hills Campus were built some 30-40 years ago by a Dr. Bob Davis. At or abut that time, allegedly, some scrapie work was conducted at this site. When deer were introduced to the pens they occupied ground that had previously been occupied by sheep.

IN CONFIDENCE, REPORT OF AN UNCONVENTIONAL SLOW VIRUS DISEASE IN ANIMALS IN THE USA 1989

http://webarchive.nationalarchives.gov.uk/20080102193705/http://www.bseinquiry.gov.uk/files/mb/m11b/tab01.pdf

ALSO, one of the most, if not the most top TSE Prion God in Science today is Professor Adriano Aguzzi, and he recently commented on just this, on a cwd post on my facebook page August 20 at 1:44pm, quote;

''it pains me to no end to even comtemplate the possibility, but it seems entirely plausible that CWD originated from scientist-made spread of scrapie from sheep to deer in the colorado research facility. If true, a terrible burden for those involved.'' August 20 at 1:44pm ...end

MONDAY, SEPTEMBER 25, 2017

Colorado Chronic Wasting Disease CWD TSE Prion Mandatory Submission of test samples in some areas and zoonosisF

http://chronic-wasting-disease.blogspot.com/2017/09/colorado-chronic-wasting-disease-cwd.html

*** After a natural route of exposure, 100% of WTD were susceptible to scrapie.

PO-039: A comparison of scrapie and chronic wasting disease in white-tailed deer

Justin Greenlee, Jodi Smith, Eric Nicholson US Dept. Agriculture; Agricultural Research Service, National Animal Disease Center; Ames, IA USA

http://www.landesbioscience.com/journals/prion/03-Prion6-2-Transmission-and-strains.pdf

TUESDAY, MARCH 28, 2017

*** Passage of scrapie to deer results in a new phenotype upon return passage to sheep ***

http://chronic-wasting-disease.blogspot.com/2017/03/passage-of-scrapie-to-deer-results-in.html

SPONTANEOUS ATYPICAL BOVINE SPONGIFORM ENCEPHALOPATHY

***Moreover, sporadic disease has never been observed in breeding colonies or primate research laboratories, most notably among hundreds of animals over several decades of study at the National Institutes of Health25, and in nearly twenty older animals continuously housed in our own facility.***

http://www.nature.com/articles/srep11573

kind regards, terry

Re: TEXAS CHRONIC WASTING DISEASE CWD TSE PRION MOUNTING 63 CASES CONFIRMED TO DATE NOVEMBER 27, 2017 - 12/04/17 06:17 PM

Originally Posted By: BOBO the Clown

Fact, as history is currently reported, it walked across border via mule deer.

sadly, i started telling the TAHC et al back around 2001 or 2002, and every year there after, that cwd was in fact waltzing across the border via the Trans Pecos WSMR area from New Mexico. they laughed at me every year, always the same excuse, property rights, until they detected cwd right where i had been begging them to test a decade or so previously around 2012. how are those property rights working out for ya now. so sad...

MONDAY, AUGUST 14, 2017

*** Texas Chronic Wasting Disease CWD TSE Prion History ***

http://chronic-wasting-disease.blogspot.com/2017/08/texas-chronic-wasting-disease-cwd-tse.html

http://chronic-wasting-disease.blogspot.com/
Posted By: rickym

Re: TEXAS CHRONIC WASTING DISEASE CWD TSE PRION MOUNTING 63 CASES CONFIRMED TO DATE NOVEMBER 27, 2017 - 12/04/17 06:47 PM

What do you want done about it flounder? Every hf land owner to have every deer tested?
Posted By: jmh004

Re: TEXAS CHRONIC WASTING DISEASE CWD TSE PRION MOUNTING 63 CASES CONFIRMED TO DATE NOVEMBER 27, 2017 - 12/04/17 11:24 PM

Yeah, just throw out Constitutional law so someone wearing a tinfoil hat that posts on a blog can feel like he is important. Property rights are so dumb.
Posted By: fouzman

Re: TEXAS CHRONIC WASTING DISEASE CWD TSE PRION MOUNTING 63 CASES CONFIRMED TO DATE NOVEMBER 27, 2017 - 12/04/17 11:33 PM

BUMP - You're very good at copy/paste and keeping your blog alive. What is your purpose, at this point? You've made everyone who will listen aware of CWD in Texas and elsewhere.

What is your solution for how to deal with CWD in Texas, Mr. TS?

Posted By: ErnestTBass

Re: TEXAS CHRONIC WASTING DISEASE CWD TSE PRION MOUNTING 63 CASES CONFIRMED TO DATE NOVEMBER 27, 2017 - 12/04/17 11:34 PM

Has this group discussed the article on CWD, which was reprinted in Texas Trophy Hunter recently?

("Deer") Dr. James Kroll and Dr. Donald S. Davis (Biomedical Sciences at ATM) state the position that CWD exhibits the characteristics of a syndrome (think genetic) rather than a communicable disease.

Re: TEXAS CHRONIC WASTING DISEASE CWD TSE PRION MOUNTING 63 CASES CONFIRMED TO DATE NOVEMBER 27, 2017 - 12/04/17 11:37 PM

That doesn't fit this guys agenda, so he will not discuss it. Man, can't believe I got sucked back into one of these CWD posts again!

Re: TEXAS CHRONIC WASTING DISEASE CWD TSE PRION MOUNTING 63 CASES CONFIRMED TO DATE NOVEMBER 27, 2017 - 12/04/17 11:41 PM

Ernest T., that shouldn't be hard to corroborate. We have plenty of data on recently depopulated herds from Medina, Uvalde and Lavaca counties. All the DNA and genetic lineage a researcher could want. Not fond of the opinions of Dr. Death (I mean Deer). He's no more of a wildlife biologist than you and me. But he knows a thing or two about Forestry.

I still want to hear flounder's end goal, his plan for dealing with this pervasive, catastrophic, highly contagious communicable disease. Let's give him a chance to answer.

Re: TEXAS CHRONIC WASTING DISEASE CWD TSE PRION MOUNTING 63 CASES CONFIRMED TO DATE NOVEMBER 27, 2017 - 12/05/17 01:12 AM

I saw a zombie movie recently that started along similar lines........
Posted By: therancher

Re: TEXAS CHRONIC WASTING DISEASE CWD TSE PRION MOUNTING 63 CASES CONFIRMED TO DATE NOVEMBER 27, 2017 - 12/05/17 03:58 AM

Been in existence for over 50 years. No one. Not flounder, not nogalis prairie, or any other chicken little can name one wild population that cwd has decimated.

Yet ehd and anthrax have each decimated many localilized wild populations over the same time period. It is impossible to take anyone seriously who ignores those two facts in an effort to promote an agenda.

But please continue. You are here specifically for my entertainment and I’m amused. Dance dog dance.

Re: TEXAS CHRONIC WASTING DISEASE CWD TSE PRION MOUNTING 63 CASES CONFIRMED TO DATE NOVEMBER 27, 2017 - 12/05/17 04:31 AM

flounder posts the same [censored] on every hunting website out there...

Ive said it too, if people gave a damn about dead deer they'd go after EHD. The ONLY reason CWD is in the hot seat is because of the occurrences tied directly to breeding operations.

and now, entities like the King Ranch are stepping up to prevent this horrible tragedy form harming the deer. odd how they've never launched full blown campaigns to stop EHD?

I got a question for you flounder.... Do you hunt? do you own land? If so, how many animals have you volunteered up for CWD testing? have you gone out to a pasture that you own or lease, and just start killing deer so you can hit a certain number of tests? everyone keeps focusing on captive deer, which is odd, since they're captive. Maybe we need to test YOUR deer. For that matter, what percentage of animals has the king ranch offered up for testing? Does anyone know? have they tested 80% of postmortem deer? 10%? 10 deer?

kind regards!
Posted By: ancuegar

Re: TEXAS CHRONIC WASTING DISEASE CWD TSE PRION MOUNTING 63 CASES CONFIRMED TO DATE NOVEMBER 27, 2017 - 12/05/17 12:42 PM

flounder posts the same [censored] on every hunting website out there...

Ive said it too, if people gave a damn about dead deer they'd go after EHD. The ONLY reason CWD is in the hot seat is because of the occurrences tied directly to breeding operations.

and now, entities like the King Ranch are stepping up to prevent this horrible tragedy form harming the deer. odd how they've never launched full blown campaigns to stop EHD?

I got a question for you flounder.... Do you hunt? do you own land? If so, how many animals have you volunteered up for CWD testing? have you gone out to a pasture that you own or lease, and just start killing deer so you can hit a certain number of tests? everyone keeps focusing on captive deer, which is odd, since they're captive. Maybe we need to test YOUR deer. For that matter, what percentage of animals has the king ranch offered up for testing? Does anyone know? have they tested 80% of postmortem deer? 10%? 10 deer?

kind regards!

Bingo!

Re: TEXAS CHRONIC WASTING DISEASE CWD TSE PRION MOUNTING 63 CASES CONFIRMED TO DATE NOVEMBER 27, 2017 - 12/05/17 01:43 PM

Originally Posted By: fouzman
BUMP - You're very good at copy/paste and keeping your blog alive. What is your purpose, at this point? You've made everyone who will listen aware of CWD in Texas and elsewhere.

What is your solution for how to deal with CWD in Texas, Mr. TS?

Still trying to get an answer from you on this flounder.

Re: TEXAS CHRONIC WASTING DISEASE CWD TSE PRION MOUNTING 63 CASES CONFIRMED TO DATE NOVEMBER 27, 2017 - 12/05/17 01:52 PM

Dont hold your breath

Re: TEXAS CHRONIC WASTING DISEASE CWD TSE PRION MOUNTING 63 CASES CONFIRMED TO DATE NOVEMBER 27, 2017 - 12/05/17 04:57 PM

Subject: cwd genetic susceptibility

Genetic susceptibility to chronic wasting disease in free-ranging white-tailed deer: Complement component C1q and Prnp polymorphisms§

Julie A. Blanchong a, *, Dennis M. Heisey b , Kim T. Scribner c , Scot V. Libants d , Chad Johnson e , Judd M. Aiken e , Julia A. Langenberg f , Michael D. Samuel g

snip...

Identifying the genetic basis for heterogeneity in disease susceptibility or progression can improve our understanding of individual variation in disease susceptibility in both free-ranging and captive populations. What this individual variation in disease susceptibility means for the trajectory of disease in a population, however, is not straightforward. For example, the greater, but not complete, resistance to CWD in deer with at least one Serine (S) at amino acid 96 of the Prnp gene appears to be associated with slower progression of disease (e.g., Johnson et al., 2006; Keane et al., 2008a). If slower disease progression results in longer-lived, infected deer with longer periods of infectiousness, resistance may lead to increased disease transmission rates, higher prion concentrations in the environment, and increased prevalence, as has been observed in some captive deer herds (Miller et al., 2006; Keane et al., 2008a). Alternatively, if the slower progression of disease in resistant deer is not associated with longer periods of infectiousness, but might instead indicate a higher dose of PrPCWD is required for infection, transmission rates in the population could decline especially if, as in Wisconsin, deer suffer high rates of mortality from other sources (e.g., hunting). Clearly, determining the relationship between genetic susceptibility to infection, dose requirements, disease progression, and the period of PrPCWD infectiousness are key components for understanding the consequences of CWD to free-ranging populations.

http:// http://forest.wisc.edu/files/pdfs/samuel...c%20wasting.pdf

http://lib.dr.iastate.edu/cgi/viewcontent.cgi?article=1083&context=nrem_pubs

http://onlinelibrary.wiley.com/doi/10.2903/j.efsa.2017.4667/epdf

http://www.tandfonline.com/doi/full/10.1080/19336896.2015.1115179

https://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pmc/articles/PMC4964855/pdf/kprn-09-06-1115179.pdf

http://www.sciencedirect.com/science/article/pii/S1567134809001956?via%3Dihub

Prion protein gene sequence and chronic wasting disease susceptibility in white-tailed deer (Odocoileus virginianus)

Adam L Brandt,1 Amy C Kelly,1 Michelle L Green,1,2 Paul Shelton,3 Jan Novakofski,2,* and Nohra E Mateus-Pinilla1,2 Author information ► Article notes ► Copyright and License information ►

The sequence of the prion protein gene (PRNP) affects susceptibility to spongiform encephalopathies, or prion diseases in many species. In white-tailed deer, both coding and non-coding single nucleotide polymorphisms have been identified in this gene that correlate to chronic wasting disease (CWD) susceptibility. Previous studies examined individual nucleotide or amino acid mutations; here we examine all nucleotide polymorphisms and their combined effects on CWD. A 626 bp region of PRNP was examined from 703 free-ranging white-tailed deer. Deer were sampled between 2002 and 2010 by hunter harvest or government culling in Illinois and Wisconsin. Fourteen variable nucleotide positions were identified (4 new and 10 previously reported). We identified 68 diplotypes comprised of 24 predicted haplotypes, with the most common diplotype occurring in 123 individuals. Diplotypes that were found exclusively among positive or negative animals were rare, each occurring in less than 1% of the deer studied. Only one haplotype (C, odds ratio 0.240) and 2 diplotypes (AC and BC, odds ratios of 0.161 and 0.108 respectively) has significant associations with CWD resistance. Each contains mutations (one synonymous nucleotide 555C/T and one nonsynonymous nucleotide 286G/A) at positions reported to be significantly associated with reduced CWD susceptibility. Results suggest that deer populations with higher frequencies of haplotype C or diplotypes AC and BC might have a reduced risk for CWD infection – while populations with lower frequencies may have higher risk for infection. Understanding the genetic basis of CWD has improved our ability to assess herd susceptibility and direct management efforts within CWD infected areas.

KEYWORDS: CWD, diplotype, G96S, PRNP, prion, synonymous polymorphism, haplotype

snip...

A solid understanding of the genetics of CWD in white-tailed deer is vital to improve management of CWD on the landscape. Most TSEs are found in domestic or captive animals where management of infected individuals is feasible. For example, scrapie infected flocks can be handled through a process generally involving genetic testing, removal and destruction of infected or suspect animals, followed by decontamination of facilities and equipment.55Containment of free ranging deer in wild populations potentially infected with CWD and decontamination of the environment is not reasonably possible. The long term effects of CWD are not yet known but it is conceivable that an unmanaged infected population would be gradually extirpated as the disease progresses56,57 or at least reduced to low densities with high disease prevalence.58,59 Either outcome would have severe ecological effects (e.g., deer play a major role in affecting plant communities60 and as a prey source61,62) as well as negative economic impacts to hunting. Overall disease prevalence has remained at relatively low levels in Illinois compared to Wisconsin.11 It is important to note that at the time of sampling, CWD had been found in 6 Illinois counties and has since been detected in 14.9Complete eradication of CWD among free ranging white-tailed deer may not be possible; however, an active containment effort in Illinois appears to have prevented significant increases in prevalence.9,11,12 Further examination of PRNP haplotype and diplotype frequencies across northern Illinois and southern Wisconsin in conjunction with population structure and movement45,63,64 will be useful in identifying localities with greater or reduced susceptibility risk. Effectiveness of CWD containment efforts can be aided through genetic testing and redirecting management resources.

https://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pmc/articles/PMC4964855/

***at present, no cervid PrP allele conferring absolute resistance to prion infection has been identified.

P-145 Estimating chronic wasting disease resistance in cervids using real time quaking- induced conversion

Nicholas J Haley1, Rachel Rielinqer2, Kristen A Davenport3, W. David Walter4, Katherine I O'Rourke5, Gordon Mitchell6, Juergen A Richt2 1 Department of Microbiology and Immunology, Midwestern University, United States; 2Department of Diagnostic Medicine and Pathobiology, Kansas State University; 3Prion Research Center; Colorado State University; 4U.S. Geological Survey, Pennsylvania Cooperative Fish and Wildlife Research Unit; 5Agricultural Research Service, United States Department of Agriculture; 6Canadian Food Inspection Agency, National and OlE Reference Laboratory for Scrapie and CWD

In mammalian species, the susceptibility to prion diseases is affected, in part, by the sequence of the host's prion protein (PrP). In sheep, a gradation from scrapie susceptible to resistant has been established both in vivo and in vitro based on the amino acids present at PrP positions 136, 154, and 171, which has led to global breeding programs to reduce the prevalence of scrapie in domestic sheep. In cervids, resistance is commonly characterized as a delayed progression of chronic wasting disease (CWD); at present, no cervid PrP allele conferring absolute resistance to prion infection has been identified. To model the susceptibility of various naturally-occurring and hypothetical cervid PrP alleles in vitro, we compared the amplification rates and efficiency of various CWD isolates in recombinant PrPC using real time quaking-induced conversion. We hypothesized that amplification metrics of these isolates in cervid PrP substrates would correlate to in vivo susceptibility - allowing susceptibility prediction for alleles found at 10 frequency in nature, and that there would be an additive effect of multiple resistant codons in hypothetical alleles. Our studies demonstrate that in vitro amplification metrics predict in vivo susceptibility, and that alleles with multiple codons, each influencing resistance independently, do not necessarily contribute additively to resistance. Importantly, we found that the white-tailed deer 226K substrate exhibited the slowest amplification rate among those evaluated, suggesting that further investigation of this allele and its resistance in vivo are warranted to determine if absolute resistance to CWD is possible.

***at present, no cervid PrP allele conferring absolute resistance to prion infection has been identified.

PRION 2016 CONFERENCE TOKYO

http://prion2016.org/dl/newsletter_03.pdf

''There are no known familial or genetic TSEs of animals, although polymorphisms in the PRNP gene of some species (sheep for example) may influence the length of the incubation period and occurrence of disease.''

c) The commonest form of CJD occurs as a sporadic disease, the cause of which is unknown, although genetic factors (particularly the codon 129 polymorphism in the prion protein gene (PRNP)) influence disease susceptibility. The familial forms of human TSEs (see Box 1) appear to have a solely genetic origin and are closely associated with mutations or insertions in the PRNP gene. Most, but not all, of the familial forms of human TSEs have been transmitted experimentally to animals. There are no known familial or genetic TSEs of animals, although polymorphisms in the PRNP gene of some species (sheep for example) may influence the length of the incubation period and occurrence of disease.

https://www.gov.uk/government/uploads/sy...ntroduction.pdf

http://chronic-wasting-disease.blogspot.com/

Re: TEXAS CHRONIC WASTING DISEASE CWD TSE PRION MOUNTING 63 CASES CONFIRMED TO DATE NOVEMBER 27, 2017 - 12/05/17 04:59 PM

WHAT DO YOU PROPOSE BE DONE IN TEXAS TO DEAL WITH CWD, flounder???

Re: TEXAS CHRONIC WASTING DISEASE CWD TSE PRION MOUNTING 63 CASES CONFIRMED TO DATE NOVEMBER 27, 2017 - 12/05/17 05:26 PM

WHAT DO YOU PROPOSE BE DONE IN TEXAS TO DEAL WITH CWD, flounder???

Copy & paste obnoxiously long posts that use obscenely long & scientifically sounding words, all whilst carefully avoiding direct questions?

Re: TEXAS CHRONIC WASTING DISEASE CWD TSE PRION MOUNTING 63 CASES CONFIRMED TO DATE NOVEMBER 27, 2017 - 12/05/17 05:41 PM

He's about to go on ignore. I read all the same carp he posts here without needing a deer hunting forum. In essence, he's doing nothing but trolling. Mr. TS, please tell us what you propose to deal with CWD in Texas. Otherwise, I'm gonna have to block you since you add NOTHING else to the forum, or the conversation on your own posts!

Re: TEXAS CHRONIC WASTING DISEASE CWD TSE PRION MOUNTING 63 CASES CONFIRMED TO DATE NOVEMBER 27, 2017 - 12/05/17 06:42 PM

Dont hold your breath

Re: TEXAS CHRONIC WASTING DISEASE CWD TSE PRION MOUNTING 63 CASES CONFIRMED TO DATE NOVEMBER 27, 2017 - 12/05/17 10:17 PM

i have told you time and time again, yet most ignore. i have supplied links to what i propose be done, i have supplied links to usda et al on comments to dockets pertaining to cwd explaining what i thought should be done, and posted them here. i am not getting pulled into another BS debate with ones that;

don't care

don't believe

don't want to help

i post for others that read it, and happen to care, believe, and want to help, they may not say much, but they are there.

December 14, 2017 will be 20 years trying to warn folks about the tse prion disease.

yet the ignorance still today, defies common sense, and then you have the industry and government which still fuels the BS machine, when scientist are screaming otherwise.

until you get the industry and the government out of tse prion science and policy making there from, you will never eradicate the tse prion disease.

it's not a liberal thing, or a conservative thing, it's just a thing of greed, the world thrives on it, and so do tse prion disease.

TUESDAY, DECEMBER 05, 2017

Norway 30,000 deer animals have so far been tested for Skrantesyke chronic wasting disease CWD TSE PRION DISEASE

http://chronic-wasting-disease.blogspot.com/2017/12/norway-30000-deer-animals-have-so-far.html

carry on Texas Hunters et al here, carry on. Good luck. ...

Terry S. Singeltary Sr.

Re: TEXAS CHRONIC WASTING DISEASE CWD TSE PRION MOUNTING 63 CASES CONFIRMED TO DATE NOVEMBER 27, 2017 - 12/05/17 11:17 PM

Never heard of a disease thriving on greed before. Is that maybe why it's not really destroying deer herds? Because deer don't have the mental capacity to posses greed, therefore CWD can't thrive?

Re: TEXAS CHRONIC WASTING DISEASE CWD TSE PRION MOUNTING 63 CASES CONFIRMED TO DATE NOVEMBER 27, 2017 - 12/12/17 06:52 PM

some of you might find interest in this. getting closer to a live cwd tse prion test. keep your fingers crossed...terry

SUNDAY, DECEMBER 10, 2017

Detection of Prions in Blood of Cervids at the Asymptomatic Stage of Chronic Wasting Disease

The results showed a sensitivity of 100% in animals with very poor body condition that were IHC-positive in both brain and lymph nodes, 96% in asymptomatic deer IHC-positive in brain and lymph nodes and 53% in animals at early stages of infection that were IHC-positive only in lymph nodes. The overall mean diagnostic sensitivity was 79.3% with 100% specificity. These findings show that PMCA might be useful as a blood test for routine, live animal diagnosis of CWD.

https://www.nature.com/articles/s41598-017-17090-x

http://chronic-wasting-disease.blogspot.com/2017/12/detection-of-prions-in-blood-of-cervids.html
Posted By: Pitchfork Predator

Re: TEXAS CHRONIC WASTING DISEASE CWD TSE PRION MOUNTING 63 CASES CONFIRMED TO DATE NOVEMBER 27, 2017 - 12/12/17 10:51 PM

Good news hopefully. up
Posted By: kry226

Re: TEXAS CHRONIC WASTING DISEASE CWD TSE PRION MOUNTING 63 CASES CONFIRMED TO DATE NOVEMBER 27, 2017 - 12/13/17 05:48 AM

Is there a possible treatment in the future?
Posted By: DH3

Re: TEXAS CHRONIC WASTING DISEASE CWD TSE PRION MOUNTING 63 CASES CONFIRMED TO DATE NOVEMBER 27, 2017 - 12/13/17 08:53 AM

Much ado about some very isolated cases. IMO, a waste of time and expense. confused2

Re: TEXAS CHRONIC WASTING DISEASE CWD TSE PRION MOUNTING 63 CASES CONFIRMED TO DATE NOVEMBER 27, 2017 - 12/13/17 01:12 PM

If only somebody would continue to randomly post threads about CWD, that contain unreadable walls of texts, with lotsa words in all caps (to simulate yelling), making the wildest claims, offer no real solutions at all, & refuse to answer any direct questions concerning the topic. I think that's the best way to keep everyone informed.
Posted By: Nogalus Prairie

Re: TEXAS CHRONIC WASTING DISEASE CWD TSE PRION MOUNTING 63 CASES CONFIRMED TO DATE NOVEMBER 27, 2017 - 12/13/17 01:56 PM

Originally Posted By: therancher
Been in existence for over 50 years. No one. Not flounder, not nogalis prairie, or any other chicken little can name one wild population that cwd has decimated.

Yet ehd and anthrax have each decimated many localilized wild populations over the same time period. It is impossible to take anyone seriously who ignores those two facts in an effort to promote an agenda.

But please continue. You are here specifically for my entertainment and I’m amused. Dance dog dance.

CWD is not all about effect on deer populations. One difference is the possibility of CWD animals that are consumed by humans being infected with the disease. Canandian study on monkeys shows 3 of 5 who consumed CWD infected animals contracted the disease. First known transmission of the prion disease to a primate.

If it comes to light that’s even a possibility for humans - we are all in for a very rude awakening. Deer farmers, hunters, everyone. Let’s pray it doesn’t.

Carry on.....

Re: TEXAS CHRONIC WASTING DISEASE CWD TSE PRION MOUNTING 63 CASES CONFIRMED TO DATE NOVEMBER 27, 2017 - 12/13/17 03:15 PM

Becareful using a study that’s Not published yet

2 where infected by intracranial injection aka straight shots to the brain.
1 was infected via being fed brain material (no amount noted)
2 infected by consumption of thier infected compadres and infected Whitetail meat(still looking for definitive consumption amount)

Should also be noted CWD infected Blood transfusions did not result in transmission of the disease, nor did it take on open wounds.

Those Monkey carry herpes B virus which is harmless to them but often fatal to humans....

Re: TEXAS CHRONIC WASTING DISEASE CWD TSE PRION MOUNTING 63 CASES CONFIRMED TO DATE NOVEMBER 27, 2017 - 12/13/17 03:34 PM

Originally Posted By: maximus_flavius
If only somebody would continue to randomly post threads about CWD, that contain unreadable walls of texts, with lotsa words in all caps (to simulate yelling), making the wildest claims, offer no real solutions at all, & refuse to answer any direct questions concerning the topic. I think that's the best way to keep everyone informed.

i didn't yell i my post, it was short, i explained at the top of my post in short what it was about, supplied link. i thought everyone would be happy to see a potential live cwd tse prion test with some hope. well, i thought anyway. you 'maximus_flavius' and a few others i have been told, just don't want me posting anything here about cwd tse prion, and would like to censor me. if you have a problem with my post don't read them. if you have a question, ask it, i will try and answer it. i will not discuss my diet on a weekly basis, i have already said time and time again, or when my last hunt was and where. i am disabled from neck injury and don't hunt anymore. and i will not discuss what kind or how many guns i have. i am pro-hunt, pro-gun, pro-meat, just anti stupid. i don't want to eat cwd tse prions, or be exposed to them and neither should you, tse prions can kill you and yours. if you just want to complain and whine, and want me banned for speaking about cwd tse prion, then write a moderator, that's out of my control what content and how it is posted here. i have complied with what they ask. they ask me to shorten my postings i did. they told me some were concerned i would not answer questions, and that's simply just not true. what i will not do here is be insulted. and if that takes me being banned, so be it. if you can't understand English, that's not my problem either. what the real problem here is, you Sir 'maximus_flavius', and a few others, don't want to be informed, and you and a few others don't want me to inform anyone else anymore about cwd tse prion. that's all it is. so i will just leave you all with one final post for the year below and then you and others can carry on Sir...and yes, in this post, there will be a line with all caps, unlike my last post i was accused of, yet no caps were there.

To the rest of Texas Hunters, have a great hunt, stay safe and warm, and Merry Christmas to all.

kind regards, terry

p.s. these postings are self explanatory with one topic heading, for those that are interested. i do not advertise or make money from this, never have. just updated science on cwd tse prion and links there to...we must stay informed.

Subject: USA CJD, BSE, SCRAPIE, CWD, TSE PRION ANNUAL END OF YEAR REPORTS 2017

TUESDAY, DECEMBER 12, 2017

Chronic Wasting Disease CWD TSE Prion (aka mad deer disease) Update USA December 14, 2017

http://chronic-wasting-disease.blogspot.com/2017/12/chronic-wasting-disease-cwd-tse-prion.html

Re: TEXAS CHRONIC WASTING DISEASE CWD TSE PRION MOUNTING 63 CASES CONFIRMED TO DATE NOVEMBER 27, 2017 - 12/13/17 03:41 PM

2 infected by consumption of thier infected compadres and infected Whitetail meat(still looking for definitive consumption amount)

Should also be noted CWD infected Blood transfusions did not result in transmission of the disease, nor did it take on open wounds.

Those Monkey carry herpes B virus which is harmless to them but often fatal to humans....

That is not what the articles providing the news on the study say. While 18 have been exposed in various ways (including injection directly to the brain all the way to just skin contact) with varying results, 3 of 5 fed meat only (the equivalent of a steak a month) contracted CWD.

That is all in the above article.

If you know something different and/or the news reports are in error, I would love to see it. I sincerely hope you are right, and not just pushing back because the results are scary.
Posted By: Pitchfork Predator

Re: TEXAS CHRONIC WASTING DISEASE CWD TSE PRION MOUNTING 63 CASES CONFIRMED TO DATE NOVEMBER 27, 2017 - 12/13/17 04:08 PM

He's about to go on ignore. I read all the same carp he posts here without needing a deer hunting forum. In essence, he's doing nothing but trolling. Mr. TS, please tell us what you propose to deal with CWD in Texas. Otherwise, I'm gonna have to block you since you add NOTHING else to the forum, or the conversation on your own posts!

He has answered this question: Scorched Earth. Kill all animals in the infected area and quarantine the area until there is no longer a presence of TSE Prions.

Please correct me if I'm wrong Terry.

Re: TEXAS CHRONIC WASTING DISEASE CWD TSE PRION MOUNTING 63 CASES CONFIRMED TO DATE NOVEMBER 27, 2017 - 12/13/17 04:09 PM

Originally Posted By: flounder

i didn't yell i my post, it was short, i explained at the top of my post in short what it was about, supplied link. i thought everyone would be happy to see a potential live cwd tse prion test with some hope. well, i thought anyway. you 'maximus_flavius' and a few others i have been told, just don't want me posting anything here about cwd tse prion, and would like to censor me. if you have a problem with my post don't read them. if you have a question, ask it, i will try and answer it. i will not discuss my diet on a weekly basis, i have already said time and time again, or when my last hunt was and where. i am disabled from neck injury and don't hunt anymore. and i will not discuss what kind or how many guns i have. i am pro-hunt, pro-gun, pro-meat, just anti stupid. i don't want to eat cwd tse prions, or be exposed to them and neither should you, tse prions can kill you and yours. if you just want to complain and whine, and want me banned for speaking about cwd tse prion, then write a moderator, that's out of my control what content and how it is posted here. i have complied with what they ask. they ask me to shorten my postings i did. they told me some were concerned i would not answer questions, and that's simply just not true. what i will not do here is be insulted. and if that takes me being banned, so be it. if you can't understand English, that's not my problem either. what the real problem here is, you Sir 'maximus_flavius', and a few others, don't want to be informed, and you and a few others don't want me to inform anyone else anymore about cwd tse prion. that's all it is. so i will just leave you all with one final post for the year below and then you and others can carry on Sir...and yes, in this post, there will be a line with all caps, unlike my last post i was accused of, yet no caps were there.

To the rest of Texas Hunters, have a great hunt, stay safe and warm, and Merry Christmas to all.

kind regards, terry

p.s. these postings are self explanatory with one topic heading, for those that are interested. i do not advertise or make money from this, never have. just updated science on cwd tse prion and links there to...we must stay informed.

Subject: USA CJD, BSE, SCRAPIE, CWD, TSE PRION ANNUAL END OF YEAR REPORTS 2017

Chronic Wasting Disease CWD TSE Prion (aka mad deer disease) Update USA December 14, 2017

http://chronic-wasting-disease.blogspot.com/2017/12/chronic-wasting-disease-cwd-tse-prion.html

Another long winded post. Look, I couldn't possibly care less what you post. I only offered a few ideas to help get your point across (if you have 1). Calling it "mad deer disease" puts this more in perspective to me, I'm sure this'll be just as big a deal as "mad cow disease". I can't help but recall all the media hype about that, how it ruined a lot of ranchers financially, & all over something that never happened in the US (it was fake news, before fake news was cool).

As an aside, does anyone know where the term "PMS" come from? "mad cow disease" was already taken.

Re: TEXAS CHRONIC WASTING DISEASE CWD TSE PRION MOUNTING 63 CASES CONFIRMED TO DATE NOVEMBER 27, 2017 - 12/13/17 04:16 PM

Originally Posted By: Pitchfork Predator

He has answered this question: Scorched Earth. Kill all animals in the infected area and quarantine the area until there is no longer a presence of TSE Prions.

"Scorched earth" won't work. Already seen. Panic does no one any good. (Neither does denial.)

There is no easy answer or solution. Best available practices for containment is about it. I hope the live testing becomes widespread soon.

Re: TEXAS CHRONIC WASTING DISEASE CWD TSE PRION MOUNTING 63 CASES CONFIRMED TO DATE NOVEMBER 27, 2017 - 12/13/17 04:30 PM

Killed a doe about two weeks ago on Camp Bullis where they have a biologist that inspects all the deer that are brought in. He weighed, aged, and removed two nodules from the base of neck behind the jaw and placed them in a jar for testing for CWD.
I watched him remove the nodules and it's an easy process and they are just under the skin.
Seems like it would be something most any hunter could do, and send in the specimen to be tested.
I'm with the crowd that is asking, "where are all the big die offs" if the problem is so dire, and what about anthrax which has recorded deer die offs?

Re: TEXAS CHRONIC WASTING DISEASE CWD TSE PRION MOUNTING 63 CASES CONFIRMED TO DATE NOVEMBER 27, 2017 - 12/13/17 04:37 PM

Originally Posted By: Nogalus Prairie

That is not what the articles providing the news on the study say. While 18 have been exposed in various ways (including injection directly to the brain all the way to just skin contact) with varying results, 3 of 5 fed meat only (the equivalent of a steak a month) contracted CWD.

That is all in the above article.

If you know something different and/or the news reports are in error, I would love to see it. I sincerely hope you are right, and not just pushing back because the results are scary.

It’s an article, a snap shot, I’ve read four articles that all state different things. Everyone is giving notes... let’s wait until it published and reviewed. Only info I have found is video of the conference

http://www.myewa.org/blog/fake-chronic-wasting-disease-cwd/

Re: TEXAS CHRONIC WASTING DISEASE CWD TSE PRION MOUNTING 63 CASES CONFIRMED TO DATE NOVEMBER 27, 2017 - 12/13/17 07:18 PM

but where would we ever find someone capable of doing that?

Re: TEXAS CHRONIC WASTING DISEASE CWD TSE PRION MOUNTING 63 CASES CONFIRMED TO DATE NOVEMBER 27, 2017 - 12/13/17 07:20 PM

Killed a doe about two weeks ago on Camp Bullis where they have a biologist that inspects all the deer that are brought in. He weighed, aged, and removed two nodules from the base of neck behind the jaw and placed them in a jar for testing for CWD.
I watched him remove the nodules and it's an easy process and they are just under the skin.
Seems like it would be something most any hunter could do, and send in the specimen to be tested.
I'm with the crowd that is asking, "where are all the big die offs" if the problem is so dire, and what about anthrax which has recorded deer die offs?

yeah, go ask the king ranch to do it. They have a staff biologist on every single lease they have, as well as several biologists at the main ranch.

hmmmmmmm wonder why they don't want to know if they have CWD????????????

the state has done fairly significant testing, and come up with very few deer that are infected. For such a "severe" problem, you'd think we'd see a higher percentage of infected deer.

Re: TEXAS CHRONIC WASTING DISEASE CWD TSE PRION MOUNTING 63 CASES CONFIRMED TO DATE NOVEMBER 27, 2017 - 12/13/17 11:22 PM

"Scorched earth" won't work. Already seen. Panic does no one any good. (Neither does denial.)

There is no easy answer or solution. Best available practices for containment is about it. I hope the live testing becomes widespread soon.

I have never heard of this. Exactly what comprises "best available practices for containment"?

This disease has been in deer we eat for over half a century (that we know of). There is absolutely no reason to believe that it hasn't been around as long as deer and man.

It has never been found in humans after over half a century of known consumption.

YET!!! Anthrax is known to be deadly to humans. It's also known to be many times more virulent and easily transferred animal to animal. And infinitely more virulent and easily transferred animal to human than cwd.

And no uproar and global panic over anthrax.....

Gee. I wonder why???

Re: TEXAS CHRONIC WASTING DISEASE CWD TSE PRION MOUNTING 63 CASES CONFIRMED TO DATE NOVEMBER 27, 2017 - 12/14/17 08:32 PM

I'd really like some of you folks who are concerned about human susceptibility to cwd to respond to the above post.

Re: TEXAS CHRONIC WASTING DISEASE CWD TSE PRION MOUNTING 63 CASES CONFIRMED TO DATE NOVEMBER 27, 2017 - 12/15/17 12:42 AM

Pitchfork Predator that is correct. that is why i was so excited in my post about the update on the potential for a live blood test. no one else seems excited, and would rather rant about what i said or did not say now... http://chronic-wasting-disease.blogspot.com/2017/12/chronic-wasting-disease-cwd-tse-prion.html

kind regards, terry

Re: TEXAS CHRONIC WASTING DISEASE CWD TSE PRION MOUNTING 63 CASES CONFIRMED TO DATE NOVEMBER 27, 2017 - 12/15/17 12:47 AM

Why don’t you address my post Terry?
Posted By: Bucks and Ducks

Re: TEXAS CHRONIC WASTING DISEASE CWD TSE PRION MOUNTING 63 CASES CONFIRMED TO DATE NOVEMBER 27, 2017 - 12/15/17 12:55 AM

Why don’t you address my post Terry?

He will post a link here shortly roflmao
Posted By: kmon11

Re: TEXAS CHRONIC WASTING DISEASE CWD TSE PRION MOUNTING 63 CASES CONFIRMED TO DATE NOVEMBER 27, 2017 - 12/15/17 01:29 AM

YET!!! Anthrax is known to be deadly to humans. It's also known to be many times more virulent and easily transferred animal to animal. And infinitely more virulent and easily transferred animal to human than cwd.

[b]And no uproar and global panic over anthrax.....[/b]

Gee. I wonder why???

Only if it was sent through the mail peep

didn't Lewis and Clark record some mule deer acting like deer do with the final stages of CWD on their historic adventure.
Posted By: kmon11

Re: TEXAS CHRONIC WASTING DISEASE CWD TSE PRION MOUNTING 63 CASES CONFIRMED TO DATE NOVEMBER 27, 2017 - 12/15/17 01:32 AM

If these Prions can be on ground or grass, could the spread be through food sources hauled around the country, like alfalfa hay from an infected area shipped around the country?

That question is for you Flounder, I have read a lot of your posts but have to say not all.

Re: TEXAS CHRONIC WASTING DISEASE CWD TSE PRION MOUNTING 63 CASES CONFIRMED TO DATE NOVEMBER 27, 2017 - 12/15/17 03:36 PM

Originally Posted By: kmon1
If these Prions can be on ground or grass, could the spread be through food sources hauled around the country, like alfalfa hay from an infected area shipped around the country?

That question is for you Flounder, I have read a lot of your posts but have to say not all.

in short...yes, i think it is possible, whether uptake of plant itself of the PrP, or just on top of plant itself from exposure from say feces, urine, or blood or shedding of skin, antler velvet. i wrote about this in the cases in Norway, and one potential route of the cwd tse prion agent there. that would be my long version.

ruminant protein and risk factors there from with TSE Prion disease, but we missed the rest of the feed i.e. FEED GRAINS. YES, science has shown in the past, and now recently, the shedding of the CWD TSE Prion into the environment is indeed a risk factor, and for all the grains and such that goes into feed, even hay, hell, Norway does not require any APHIS-Veterinary Services certification for the import of hay/straw. see for yourself ;

Hay/Straw

Norway does not require any APHIS-Veterinary Services certification for the import of hay/straw.

https://www.aphis.usda.gov/regulations/vs/iregs/products/downloads/no_hs.pdf

you add up all the other grains in feed, and then wonder about potential exposure to the CWD TSE PRION from cervid and risk factor from the CWD there from via shedding or right down to the soil these grains were grown in, and you have a world of problems. see ;

http://chronic-wasting-disease.blogspot.com/2016/07/norway-reports-third-case-chronic.html

***Recently, we have been using PMCA to study the role of environmental prion contamination on the horizontal spreading of TSEs. These experiments have focused on the study of the interaction of prions with plants and environmentally relevant surfaces. Our results show that plants (both leaves and roots) bind tightly to prions present in brain extracts and excreta (urine and feces) and retain even small quantities of PrPSc for long periods of time. Strikingly, ingestion of prioncontaminated leaves and roots produced disease with a 100% attack rate and an incubation period not substantially longer than feeding animals directly with scrapie brain homogenate. Furthermore, plants can uptake prions from contaminated soil and transport them to different parts of the plant tissue (stem and leaves). Similarly, prions bind tightly to a variety of environmentally relevant surfaces, including stones, wood, metals, plastic, glass, cement, etc. Prion contaminated surfaces efficiently transmit prion disease when these materials were directly injected into the brain of animals and strikingly when the contaminated surfaces were just placed in the animal cage. These findings demonstrate that environmental materials can efficiently bind infectious prions and act as carriers of infectivity, suggesting that they may play an important role in the horizontal transmission of the disease.

https://prion2015.files.wordpress.com/2015/05/programguide1.pdf

see other studies in this long winded post here;

http://chronic-wasting-disease.blogspot.com/2016/04/declaration-of-extraordinary-emergency.html

kind regards, terry

Re: TEXAS CHRONIC WASTING DISEASE CWD TSE PRION MOUNTING 63 CASES CONFIRMED TO DATE NOVEMBER 27, 2017 - 12/15/17 04:14 PM

i kindly disagree with you there therancher. give cwd long enough, and see what happens with these shooting pens. i remember well in Iowa, where cwd was found in captive deer, and when at first only a case or two had been documented, while waiting for the courts go though the process, i was on a game farm board, and i watched as these deer farmers rallied around the owners, where the owners argued and litigated that their herds were perfectly healthy, photos posted showed these pretty deer, and the court battle went. while this different posts were made on this forum for game farms, and more and more folks, fellow game farmers, some hunters, were all suggested different things, like 'Let's just take the fence down and let them loose.' or 'That would bring the news. If 100 deer farmers showed up and started taking the fence down. I think another great idea would be to take all the staples out but one then as soon as they fired the first killing shot with all the media present let it go. They will knock that last staple out.' oh there's more, much more, with farmers hitting the like button. the litigation went on, the thread went on, i forget how long, a year or two, finally, the courts cleared the way, the herd was tested, and while all the farmers were hatching out a plan to let those cervid go, the cwd infection rate kept growing. by the time the testing was done;

*** TEST RESULTS FROM CAPTIVE DEER HERD WITH CHRONIC WASTING DISEASE RELEASED 79.8 percent of the deer tested positive for the disease

DES MOINES – The Iowa Department of Agriculture and Land Stewardship today announced that the test results from the depopulation of a quarantined captive deer herd in north-central Iowa showed that 284 of the 356 deer, or 79.8% of the herd, tested positive for Chronic Wasting Disease (CWD).

http://www.iowaagriculture.gov/press/2014press/press10022014.asp

*** see history of this CWD blunder here ;

http://www.iowadnr.gov/Portals/idnr/uploads/Hunting/070313_consent_order.pdf

On June 5, 2013, DNR conducted a fence inspection, after gaining approval from surrounding landowners, and confirmed that the fenced had been cut or removed in at least four separate locations; that the fence had degraded and was failing to maintain the enclosure around the Quarantined Premises in at least one area; that at least three gates had been opened;and that deer tracks were visible in and around one of the open areas in the sand on both sides of the fence, evidencing movement of deer into the Quarantined Premises.

http://www.iowadnr.gov/Portals/idnr/uploads/Hunting/060613_consent_order.pdf

The overall incidence of clinical CWD in white-tailed deer was 82%

Species (cohort) CWD (cases/total) Incidence (%) Age at CWD death (mo)

https://cpw.state.co.us/Documents/Hunting/BigGame/CWD/PDF/ResearchArticles/JWDEpiCWD.pdf

please note, once the tse prion, including cwd goes clinical, it's 100 percent fatal.

the incubation period is what is fooling folks. making folks complacent. think of cwd like Alzheimer's disease. we have seen what that can do over time. give cwd enough time, it will do the same thing, in not worse...imo.

Tuesday, December 12, 2017

Neuropathology of iatrogenic Creutzfeldt–Jakob disease and immunoassay of French cadaver-sourced growth hormone batches suggest possible transmission of tauopathy and long incubation periods for the transmission of Abeta pathology

http://tauopathies.blogspot.com/2017/12/neuropathology-of-iatrogenic.html

there are more deer farms with high infection rates, some not so much, but give it time, and then during that time the cwd agent mutates...it already has, then you get strains that or more virulent, as with the atypical L-type BASE BSE in cattle, like some documented right here in the USA. see;

Bovine Spongiform Encephalopathy BSE TSE Prion (aka mad cow disease) Report December 14, 2017 2017

http://bovineprp.blogspot.com/2017/12/bovine-spongiform-encephalopathy-bse.html

genetics may play a role in susceptibility of cwd to cervid, but there has been no documented familial case of tse prion in animals, unless you want to count that fluke by the usda et al, the atypical gh BSE case...LOL! i will spare you those details unless you want a long winded posted.

''There are no known familial or genetic TSEs of animals, although polymorphisms in the PRNP gene of some species (sheep for example) may influence the length of the incubation period and occurrence of disease.''

https://www.gov.uk/

but if you wait long enough, once these tse prion strains mutate, your just asking for more problems. imo...

i don't know about you, but i believe that the 'wait and see' approach, i think that is foolish. we have waited long enough, and cwd has not gone away, it just keeps getting worse. i also believe that the '5 year plan' is a joke, when considering;

*** Infectious agent of sheep scrapie may persist in the environment for at least 16 years ***

Gudmundur Georgsson1, Sigurdur Sigurdarson2 and Paul Brown3

http://jgv.sgmjournals.org/content/87/12/3737.full

kind regards, terry

Re: TEXAS CHRONIC WASTING DISEASE CWD TSE PRION MOUNTING 63 CASES CONFIRMED TO DATE NOVEMBER 27, 2017 - 12/15/17 04:21 PM

I have never heard of this. Exactly what comprises "best available practices for containment"?

This disease has been in deer we eat for over half a century (that we know of). There is absolutely no reason to believe that it hasn't been around as long as deer and man.

It has never been found in humans after over half a century of known consumption.

And no uproar and global panic over anthrax.....

Gee. I wonder why???

''This disease has been in deer we eat for over half a century (that we know of). There is absolutely no reason to believe that it hasn't been around as long as deer and man.''

COLORADO THE ORIGIN OF CHRONIC WASTING DISEASE CWD TSE PRION?

*** Spraker suggested an interesting explanation for the occurrence of CWD. The deer pens at the Foot Hills Campus were built some 30-40 years ago by a Dr. Bob Davis. At or abut that time, allegedly, some scrapie work was conducted at this site. When deer were introduced to the pens they occupied ground that had previously been occupied by sheep.

IN CONFIDENCE, REPORT OF AN UNCONVENTIONAL SLOW VIRUS DISEASE IN ANIMALS IN THE USA 1989

http://webarchive.nationalarchives.gov.uk/20080102193705/http://www.bseinquiry.gov.uk/files/mb/m11b/tab01.pdf

ALSO, one of the most, if not the most top TSE Prion God in Science today is Professor Adriano Aguzzi, and he recently commented on just this, on a cwd post on my facebook page August 20 at 1:44pm, quote;

''it pains me to no end to even comtemplate the possibility, but it seems entirely plausible that CWD originated from scientist-made spread of scrapie from sheep to deer in the colorado research facility. If true, a terrible burden for those involved.'' August 20 at 1:44pm ...end

MONDAY, SEPTEMBER 25, 2017

Colorado Chronic Wasting Disease CWD TSE Prion Mandatory Submission of test samples in some areas and zoonosisF

http://chronic-wasting-disease.blogspot.com/2017/09/colorado-chronic-wasting-disease-cwd.html

*** After a natural route of exposure, 100% of WTD were susceptible to scrapie.

PO-039: A comparison of scrapie and chronic wasting disease in white-tailed deer

Justin Greenlee, Jodi Smith, Eric Nicholson US Dept. Agriculture; Agricultural Research Service, National Animal Disease Center; Ames, IA USA

http://www.landesbioscience.com/journals/prion/03-Prion6-2-Transmission-and-strains.pdf

just something to think about...

kind regards, terry

Re: TEXAS CHRONIC WASTING DISEASE CWD TSE PRION MOUNTING 63 CASES CONFIRMED TO DATE NOVEMBER 27, 2017 - 12/15/17 04:47 PM

Seems to me like they are still hunting and killing deer in Iowa. I guess CWD hasnt wiped out the whole herd yet?

Re: TEXAS CHRONIC WASTING DISEASE CWD TSE PRION MOUNTING 63 CASES CONFIRMED TO DATE NOVEMBER 27, 2017 - 12/15/17 05:02 PM

All conjecture about origin Terry. But for sake of argument I’ll let you believe it’s a man caused pathogen.

Now don’t dodge or ignore these proven facts and respond please.

1. Name one place where affected species have been reduced to unhuntable numbers by cwd.

2. Why the concern about a disease that is many times less virulent and transmissible (animal to animal) than anthrax?

3 . Why the concern about a disease that has never been transmitted to humans, and virtually no concern or effort to address anthrax that attacks all ungulates and many more species and is so easily transmitted to humans from animals?

Please address those questions.

Re: TEXAS CHRONIC WASTING DISEASE CWD TSE PRION MOUNTING 63 CASES CONFIRMED TO DATE NOVEMBER 27, 2017 - 12/15/17 06:37 PM

All conjecture about origin Terry. But for sake of argument I’ll let you believe it’s a man caused pathogen.

1. Name one place where affected species have been reduced to unhuntable numbers by cwd.

2. Why the concern about a disease that is many times less virulent and transmissible (animal to animal) than anthrax?

3 . Why the concern about a disease that has never been transmitted to humans, and virtually no concern or effort to address anthrax that attacks all ungulates and many more species and is so easily transmitted to humans from animals?

therancher, i have already addressed these questions except the anthrax one, and you are wrong sir on that. anthrax is not 100% fatal. you can be cured from anthrax. there is no cure for the tse prion disease. the other questions i have addressed and you just don't seem to understand the tse prion disease, and i can't help that. you also bring absolutely nothing to the table but the same old rhetoric no science. so we will have to agree to disagree. others will have to go though the science and make up there own mind. they can either just take your word, or they can read the science an make their own decisions. i would suggest to them not to take your word, and read the science. you have a good day Sir...

Re: TEXAS CHRONIC WASTING DISEASE CWD TSE PRION MOUNTING 63 CASES CONFIRMED TO DATE NOVEMBER 27, 2017 - 12/15/17 06:39 PM

Canada is in bad shape, can't contain cwd in the captive farms...

FRIDAY, DECEMBER 15, 2017

Canada CFIA updating its national CWD TSE PRION efforts to eradicate disease farmed cervid NOT successful December 14, 2017

http://chronic-wasting-disease.blogspot.com/2017/12/canada-cfia-updating-its-national-cwd.html

Re: TEXAS CHRONIC WASTING DISEASE CWD TSE PRION MOUNTING 63 CASES CONFIRMED TO DATE NOVEMBER 27, 2017 - 12/15/17 06:45 PM

Who would have guessed that he would not have have answered those three questions? Last I saw, Canada is still hunting and killing deer. I guess CWD hasnt wiped out that herd yet either. Also, when the heck did reliable "science" come from some guys blog on the internet?

Re: TEXAS CHRONIC WASTING DISEASE CWD TSE PRION MOUNTING 63 CASES CONFIRMED TO DATE NOVEMBER 27, 2017 - 12/15/17 06:53 PM

Originally Posted By: jmh004
Seems to me like they are still hunting and killing deer in Iowa. I guess CWD hasnt wiped out the whole herd yet?

jmh004, like i said, give it time, incubation is fooling everyone...

TUESDAY, MARCH 14, 2017

Iowa 12 deer test positive for chronic wasting disease from 2016-17 hunting seasons

http://chronic-wasting-disease.blogspot.com/2017/03/iowa-12-deer-test-positive-for-chronic.html

WEDNESDAY, FEBRUARY 01, 2017

Iowa Clayton County deer tests positive for chronic wasting disease

http://chronic-wasting-disease.blogspot.com/2017/02/iowa-clayton-county-deer-tests-positive.html

THURSDAY, JANUARY 26, 2017

IOWA DNR CONFIRMS 9 CASES CWD from hunter-harvested deer from near Harpers Ferry during the 2016 hunting seasons

http://chronic-wasting-disease.blogspot.com/2017/01/iowa-dnr-confirms-9-cases-cwd-from.html

FRIDAY, JULY 29, 2016

IOWA CHRONIC WASTING DISEASE CWD TSE PRION TOTAL TO DATE 304 CASES WILD AND CAPTIVE REPORT UPDATE JULY 2016
WEDNESDAY, FEBRUARY 01, 2017

http://chronic-wasting-disease.blogspot.com/2016/07/iowa-chronic-wasting-disease-cwd-tse.html

Tuesday, December 20, 2016

IOWA CHRONIC WASTING DISEASE FOUND AT A DEER FARM IN BUCHANAN COUNTY

http://chronic-wasting-disease.blogspot.com/2016/12/iowa-chronic-wasting-disease-found-at.html

Friday, July 29, 2016

IOWA CHRONIC WASTING DISEASE CWD TSE PRION TOTAL TO DATE 304 CASES WILD AND CAPTIVE REPORT UPDATE JULY 2016

http://chronic-wasting-disease.blogspot.com/2016/07/iowa-chronic-wasting-disease-cwd-tse.html

SUNDAY, JANUARY 24, 2016

IOWA CHRONIC WASTING TSE PRION DISEASE UPDATE

http://chronic-wasting-disease.blogspot.com/2016/01/iowa-chronic-wasting-tse-prion-disease.html

Iowa Supreme Court rules law allows quarantine of CWD deer, not land

This is very, very concerning imo.

IF this ruling is upheld as such ;

''The Iowa Supreme Court upheld the district court ruling — saying the law gives the DNR only the authority to quarantine the deer — not the land. The ruling says if the Iowa Legislature wants to expand the quarantine powers as suggested by the DNR, then it is free to do so.''

IF a 'precedent' is set as such, by the Legislature not intervening to expand quarantine powers to the DNR for CWD TSE Prion, and the precedent is set as such that the cervid industry and land there from, once contaminated with the CWD TSE Prion, are free to repopulate, sell the land, etc, imo, this will blow the lid off any containment efforts of this damn disease CWD TSE Prion. The Iowa Supreme Court did not just pass the cwd buck down the road, the Supreme Court of Iowa just threw the whole state of Iowa under the bus at 100 MPH. all those healthy deer, while the litigation was going on, well, they were incubating the cwd tse prion, loading up the land even more, and in the end, 79.8% of those healthy looking deer had CWD TSE Prion. what about the exposure to the other species that come across that land, and then off to some other land? this makes no sense to me, if this is set in stone and the Legislation does not stop it, and stop if fast, any containment of the cwd tse prion will be futile, imo...terry

FRIDAY, JUNE 16, 2017

Iowa Supreme Court rules law allows quarantine of CWD deer, not land

http://chronic-wasting-disease.blogspot.com/2017/06/iowa-supreme-court-rules-law-allows.html

WEDNESDAY, MAY 17, 2017

*** Chronic Wasting Disease CWD TSE Prion aka Mad Deer Disease and the Real Estate Market Land Values ***

http://chronic-wasting-disease.blogspot.com/2017/05/chronic-wasting-disease-cwd-tse-prion.html

terry

Re: TEXAS CHRONIC WASTING DISEASE CWD TSE PRION MOUNTING 63 CASES CONFIRMED TO DATE NOVEMBER 27, 2017 - 12/15/17 07:14 PM

Give it time? Didn't you just say that the "let's wait and see" method was a bad idea? Yet your willing to "give it time", to see if CWD might possibly, maybe, perhaps wipe out a deer herd?

Re: TEXAS CHRONIC WASTING DISEASE CWD TSE PRION MOUNTING 63 CASES CONFIRMED TO DATE NOVEMBER 27, 2017 - 12/15/17 08:01 PM

Give it time? Didn't you just say that the "let's wait and see" method was a bad idea? Yet your willing to "give it time", to see if CWD might possibly, maybe, perhaps wipe out a deer herd?

jmh004 , if i interpret your reply correctly, your making stuff up now.

jmh004 stated;

my complete statement was;

but if you wait long enough, once these tse prion strains mutate, your just asking for more problems. imo...

snipped out a laundry list of cwd in Iowa and cwd infection rates there from cwd...tss

i don't know about you, but i believe that the 'wait and see' approach, i think that is foolish. we have waited long enough, and cwd has not gone away, it just keeps getting worse. i also believe that the '5 year plan' is a joke, when considering;

*** Infectious agent of sheep scrapie may persist in the environment for at least 16 years ***

Gudmundur Georgsson1, Sigurdur Sigurdarson2 and Paul Brown3

http://jgv.sgmjournals.org/content/87/12/3737.full

jmh004, like i said, give it time, incubation is fooling everyone...snip...end

i snipped out the laundry lists of example for Iowa CWD links, links that showed Gov stats in Iowa on cwd, and how they keep increasing. i will spare the board posting those links again.

so jmh004 you are making stuff up now. snipping parts of my comments out, and then insinuating i posted something else, will get you put right on my naughty list real fast. i will not try and help or answer anymore of your questions. there are a select few more here that are going to be put on my naughty list as well. these are folks that are very much aware of cwd, these are folks that imo are part of the cwd problem, never identify themselves, never bring forth any sound science, and will never change. good luck sir...Merry Christmas to you and yours.

kind regards, terry

Re: TEXAS CHRONIC WASTING DISEASE CWD TSE PRION MOUNTING 63 CASES CONFIRMED TO DATE NOVEMBER 27, 2017 - 12/15/17 08:11 PM

This is actually the only time you have "answered" one of my questions, and now you think your Santa Claus? Putting me on a naughty list? This is why no one really takes your comments seriously. This, and the fact that you claim to post "reliable scientific postings" from a blog. I guess I should actually be thanking you for going on the naughty list. I've been sucked into your non sense, back and forths on here too many times.

Re: TEXAS CHRONIC WASTING DISEASE CWD TSE PRION MOUNTING 63 CASES CONFIRMED TO DATE NOVEMBER 27, 2017 - 12/16/17 02:48 AM

Originally Posted By: flounder

therancher, i have already addressed these questions except the anthrax one, and you are wrong sir on that. anthrax is not 100% fatal. you can be cured from anthrax. there is no cure for the tse prion disease. the other questions i have addressed and you just don't seem to understand the tse prion disease, and i can't help that. you also bring absolutely nothing to the table but the same old rhetoric no science. so we will have to agree to disagree. others will have to go though the science and make up there own mind. they can either just take your word, or they can read the science an make their own decisions. i would suggest to them not to take your word, and read the science. you have a good day Sir...

First, I never said anthrax has 100% kill rate. It has has however killed more people and is therefore a larger threat to humans than cwd.

I have brought more science to the table than you. My degree is in biomedical science, I have 30 years experience in research. I can read and interpret data. And I can see and smell bulls#%t better than most.

Now, answer the questions please. And if you’re going to challenge my science please provide your scientific credentials.
Posted By: BowsnRods

Re: TEXAS CHRONIC WASTING DISEASE CWD TSE PRION MOUNTING 63 CASES CONFIRMED TO DATE NOVEMBER 27, 2017 - 12/16/17 12:41 PM

Spot on therancher, I feel flounder is attempting to cause wide spread panic about now the dangers in the consumption of venison. I also agree that more concern should be shown to anthrax which wiped out better than 50% of the deer population on a friends ranch in Uvalde as well as a better ability to battle EHD and Blue tongue. The attempt to make people believe that CWD is spreading like wildfire thanks to the deer breeders is fake news.The Deer Breeding Industry has spent far more in medical research in attempt to understand and combat CWD then tpwd would even consider.

Re: TEXAS CHRONIC WASTING DISEASE CWD TSE PRION MOUNTING 63 CASES CONFIRMED TO DATE NOVEMBER 27, 2017 - 12/16/17 01:41 PM

Y'all need to do a simple search of this guys name on the internet. Its hysterical what comes back. I can never ask this guy a serious question on this topic again.

Re: TEXAS CHRONIC WASTING DISEASE CWD TSE PRION MOUNTING 63 CASES CONFIRMED TO DATE NOVEMBER 27, 2017 - 12/16/17 02:03 PM

Originally Posted By: BowsnRods
The attempt to make people believe that CWD is spreading like wildfire thanks to the deer breeders is fake news.The Deer Breeding Industry has spent far more in medical research in attempt to understand and combat CWD then tpwd would even consider.

This. TP&WD is too busy selling licenses to any reject that can fog a mirror.

Re: TEXAS CHRONIC WASTING DISEASE CWD TSE PRION MOUNTING 63 CASES CONFIRMED TO DATE NOVEMBER 27, 2017 - 12/16/17 04:41 PM

Y'all need to do a simple search of this guys name on the internet. Its hysterical what comes back. I can never ask this guy a serious question on this topic again.

Oh I know, but if you don't challenge people like this you allow them to influence the other ignorant people (the masses) who will believe this BS and then support state and federal agencies who see dollar signs all over panic/crisis.

We certainly shouldn't let the fact this guy is clueless to lull us into complacency. Because the public is not good at divining truth from BS.

Re: TEXAS CHRONIC WASTING DISEASE CWD TSE PRION MOUNTING 63 CASES CONFIRMED TO DATE NOVEMBER 27, 2017 - 12/16/17 04:43 PM

Originally Posted By: BowsnRods
Spot on therancher, I feel flounder is attempting to cause wide spread panic about now the dangers in the consumption of venison. I also agree that more concern should be shown to anthrax which wiped out better than 50% of the deer population on a friends ranch in Uvalde as well as a better ability to battle EHD and Blue tongue. The attempt to make people believe that CWD is spreading like wildfire thanks to the deer breeders is fake news.The Deer Breeding Industry has spent far more in medical research in attempt to understand and combat CWD then tpwd would even consider.

Checked property values in Medina Co lately?? Coming to a county near you in the near future if we don't call BS on this BS.
Posted By: Warrior Poet

Re: TEXAS CHRONIC WASTING DISEASE CWD TSE PRION MOUNTING 63 CASES CONFIRMED TO DATE NOVEMBER 27, 2017 - 12/17/17 03:24 AM

See below

Quote:

Terry Singletary — A retired machinist and high school dropout, Terry Singletary suffered the tragic loss of his mother to “sporadic” Creutzfeldt-Jakob disease (CJD) in 1997. Desperate to find an explanation for his mother’s death, he has devoted himself to the sad and fruitless task of connecting her death to her diet. Various reports confirm that Mrs. Singletary’s life was claimed by the most common sub-type of CJD (one that accounts for 70 percent of “sporadic” cases). Sporadic CJD, unlike its newer “variant,” is not linked to meat.
As the self-appointed international coordinator of CJD Watch, an organization he co-founded with social worker Deborah Oney, Singletary is cited in media reports as an apparent expert on tracking mad cow disease. This despite his lack of formal education and the absence for support from any credible academic, medical or scientific authority. His sensationalist allegations about the safety of U.S. beef have found their way into hundreds of newspapers and broadcasts. Singletary moderates a mad-cow discussion forum run by a vegetarian activist group; his contributions account for more than half the traffic on the “BSE-L” mailing list, which is generally read by real scientists. Animal rights activists and other food-scare artists frequently refer to him as “Dr. Terry Singletary,” apparently an honorary degree as he has yet to finish high school.
Like many activists, Singletary ignores overwhelming epidemiological and laboratory evidence that rules out a connection between sporadic CJD and beef. Relying entirely on shallow circumstantial evidence and frequent repetition of claims which have been publicly refuted as false, he also blindly insists upon a mad-cow with Alzheimer’s, Parkinson’s, and Lou Gehrig’s disease. His specific allegations have been clearly refuted by Centers for Disease Countrol and Prevention scientists in the journal Neurology

Re: TEXAS CHRONIC WASTING DISEASE CWD TSE PRION MOUNTING 63 CASES CONFIRMED TO DATE NOVEMBER 27, 2017 - 12/17/17 03:54 AM

Uh oh. Your on the naughty list now.

Re: TEXAS CHRONIC WASTING DISEASE CWD TSE PRION MOUNTING 63 CASES CONFIRMED TO DATE NOVEMBER 27, 2017 - 12/17/17 10:29 PM

Originally Posted By: Warrior Poet
See below

Quote:

Terry Singletary — A retired machinist and high school dropout, Terry Singletary suffered the tragic loss of his mother to “sporadic” Creutzfeldt-Jakob disease (CJD) in 1997. Desperate to find an explanation for his mother’s death, he has devoted himself to the sad and fruitless task of connecting her death to her diet. Various reports confirm that Mrs. Singletary’s life was claimed by the most common sub-type of CJD (one that accounts for 70 percent of “sporadic” cases). Sporadic CJD, unlike its newer “variant,” is not linked to meat.
As the self-appointed international coordinator of CJD Watch, an organization he co-founded with social worker Deborah Oney, Singletary is cited in media reports as an apparent expert on tracking mad cow disease. This despite his lack of formal education and the absence for support from any credible academic, medical or scientific authority. His sensationalist allegations about the safety of U.S. beef have found their way into hundreds of newspapers and broadcasts. Singletary moderates a mad-cow discussion forum run by a vegetarian activist group; his contributions account for more than half the traffic on the “BSE-L” mailing list, which is generally read by real scientists. Animal rights activists and other food-scare artists frequently refer to him as “Dr. Terry Singletary,” apparently an honorary degree as he has yet to finish high school.
Like many activists, Singletary ignores overwhelming epidemiological and laboratory evidence that rules out a connection between sporadic CJD and beef. Relying entirely on shallow circumstantial evidence and frequent repetition of claims which have been publicly refuted as false, he also blindly insists upon a mad-cow with Alzheimer’s, Parkinson’s, and Lou Gehrig’s disease. His specific allegations have been clearly refuted by Centers for Disease Countrol and Prevention scientists in the journal Neurology

Thanks. But I really didn’t need this to know he was clueless and couldn’t defend his position. It’s obvious in the lack of facts, and pure conjecture in his posts.

Re: TEXAS CHRONIC WASTING DISEASE CWD TSE PRION MOUNTING 63 CASES CONFIRMED TO DATE NOVEMBER 27, 2017 - 12/18/17 01:42 AM

So, how about it flounder? Do you moderate "a mad-cow discussion forum run by a vegetarian activist group"? That'd be interesting. Odd that you would be on a hunting forum also, it's almost like your here only to spout your BS.

Re: TEXAS CHRONIC WASTING DISEASE CWD TSE PRION MOUNTING 63 CASES CONFIRMED TO DATE NOVEMBER 27, 2017 - 12/18/17 01:45 AM

Well His second post accuses TAHC and USDA of covering up mad cow in Texas
Posted By: Bee'z

Re: TEXAS CHRONIC WASTING DISEASE CWD TSE PRION MOUNTING 63 CASES CONFIRMED TO DATE NOVEMBER 27, 2017 - 12/18/17 01:56 AM

popcorn

Re: TEXAS CHRONIC WASTING DISEASE CWD TSE PRION MOUNTING 63 CASES CONFIRMED TO DATE NOVEMBER 27, 2017 - 12/18/17 02:31 AM

There should be a disclaimer every time he posts about CWD.

Re: TEXAS CHRONIC WASTING DISEASE CWD TSE PRION MOUNTING 63 CASES CONFIRMED TO DATE NOVEMBER 27, 2017 - 12/19/17 04:38 AM

The sound of silence.

Re: TEXAS CHRONIC WASTING DISEASE CWD TSE PRION MOUNTING 63 CASES CONFIRMED TO DATE NOVEMBER 27, 2017 - 12/19/17 12:16 PM

CWD is the biggest threat to our country since Y2k.
© 2024 Texas Hunting Forum