Texas Hunting Forum

How long

Posted By: lonestar1995

How long - 11/27/17 12:50 PM

Saw a good buck chasing a doe in the brush right at dusk lastnight. Never gave me a shot. My question is how long will that doe run before giving in and will they stick around the same area come nightfall. Nothing yet this morning
Posted By: QuitShootinYoungBucks

Re: How long - 11/27/17 01:02 PM

You never know. They could run for miles or stick around.
Posted By: REALKILLER

Re: How long - 11/27/17 01:33 PM

Never know. It's like the lotto and not scratch offs. Killed one 2 miles away from his summer turf. They travel like lions.
Posted By: Deerhunter61

Re: How long - 11/27/17 01:41 PM

Originally Posted By: QuitShootinYoungBucks
You never know. They could run for miles or stick around.
Posted By: sqiggy

Re: How long - 11/28/17 02:58 AM

Originally Posted By: lonestar1995
Saw a good buck chasing a doe in the brush right at dusk lastnight. Never gave me a shot. My question is how long will that doe run before giving in and will they stick around the same area come nightfall. Nothing yet this morning
Couple years ago while I was hanging a stand, had a doe run past me with a buck on her tail. Went back the next day and hunted that stand. The same doe came in but this time dragging a bigger buck behind her. Even though the doe walked all around and under my stand, that buck stayed just out of bow range or either not quite in a shooting lane.
I would hunt that spot for at least the next 2 days.
Posted By: sbushee

Re: How long - 11/28/17 02:44 PM

This long
Posted By: landsurveyor

Re: How long - 11/28/17 06:23 PM

Originally Posted By: sqiggy
Originally Posted By: lonestar1995
Couple years ago while I was hanging a stand, had a doe run past me with a buck on her tail. Went back the next day and hunted that stand. The same doe came in but this time dragging a bigger buck behind her. Even though the doe walked all around and under my stand, that buck stayed just out of bow range or either not quite in a shooting lane.
I would hunt that spot for at least the next 2 days.

This ^^ You can bet she left a nice scent trail through your area
Posted By: Texas Dan

Re: How long - 11/28/17 07:32 PM

Some bucks prefer to travel widely in search of doe while others stay close to home. Just depends on the deer and his preferred habits.
Posted By: JCB

Re: How long - 11/28/17 10:28 PM

The best place to hunt a specific buck is where you last saw him. You might not see him again but at least you are in a spot you know he has been recently.
© 2024 Texas Hunting Forum