Texas Hunting Forum

Evant tx Rut

Posted By: dove_buster

Evant tx Rut - 11/15/17 03:46 AM

Just got a place near evant which is just North of lampsses. Anyone who hunts the area kite when I should expect rutting activity. The place is pretty open so I'm counting on the rut to catch a mature buck out in the open chasing.
Posted By: QuitShootinYoungBucks

Re: Evant tx Rut - 11/15/17 05:04 AM

Rut was hot and heavy in Goldthwaite last weekend. Typical peak in the area is Nov 13-17.
Posted By: Txduckman

Re: Evant tx Rut - 11/15/17 05:18 AM

I have hunted just north of you in Bosque and best chase I saw was Dec 8th on a Monday morning a few years ago. Great open area, no feeder and only saw a few does moving all morning and then at 10:30 am a doe blasts across the field 200 yards out. In the next 5 minutes, 5 bucks followed her running full speed never stopping except the 5th buck which was about 5 minutes later. He stopped to catch his breath and I killed him. An big old broken 10 with only 6 points left. One of my favorite hunts. Seems a doe can get hot anytime if not bred early.
Posted By: FusedMortar11C

Re: Evant tx Rut - 11/15/17 11:55 AM

Second rut should be great.
Posted By: dove_buster

Re: Evant tx Rut - 11/15/17 01:07 PM

thanks. Sounds like I should go check it out this wkd
Posted By: Stevarino

Re: Evant tx Rut - 11/15/17 02:08 PM

Pre rut was strong during youth weekend when we had the cold weather, and have seen the activity increase over the last week. They were running pretty hard last weekend.. wouldn’t miss this weekend once that cold front blows through.
I’m just a couple miles north east of evant.
© 2024 Texas Hunting Forum