Texas Hunting Forum

How Many Doe?

Posted By: Stub

How Many Doe? - 11/02/17 12:11 PM

can you take in your county during this hunting season?

Got a bet with a buddy for a whole beer on how many doe you can Legally take in your county during a hunting season?

So one beer drinking evening last week he popped off and said did you know you can legally take 5 doe this season? I said no way, so I stepped up to the plate and bet him that beer, has to be cold laugh

Looking at all the info from the TPWD web site it states you can take 5 deer, no more than two bucks. It has no limits on doe and our license have 5 anterless tags. So it looks like I might be SOL on that cold one, what say you confused2

I am in Jack county and the TPWD states; Lo
North Zone
Bag Limit 5 deer, no more than 2 bucks, all seasons combined.
Posted By: ChrisB

Re: How Many Doe? - 11/02/17 12:14 PM

5 doe in Bosque County.
Posted By: Aggieman775

Re: How Many Doe? - 11/02/17 12:20 PM

Camp county no more than 2 does.
Posted By: Sneaky

Re: How Many Doe? - 11/02/17 12:22 PM

5 does in many counties, including mine. A lot of counties restrict you to fewer.

Re: How Many Doe? - 11/02/17 12:24 PM

You would have to look up every country one by one to know the exact number that limit you to 2 does
Posted By: Cueman

Re: How Many Doe? - 11/02/17 12:37 PM

What about Montague?

Re: How Many Doe? - 11/02/17 12:46 PM

Originally Posted By: Cueman
What about Montague?

Montague is no more than 2 does

Re: How Many Doe? - 11/02/17 12:50 PM

A lot of people don’t realize everyone can take 5 does in a season but have to be in different counties if your county bag limit is not that high. Same thing with bucks. I can take 2 bucks with a 13 inch spread or greater, but I have to shoot them in 2 different counties.

Re: How Many Doe? - 11/02/17 01:16 PM

I remember when Jack county was a 1 buck, and you needed a permit for a doe. Then it seems like it went to 1 buck two doe, then two and two, then 2 & 2 with the extended doe & spike and now the AR with 5 doe. How times change.
Posted By: jla11868

Re: How Many Doe? - 11/02/17 01:27 PM

It just depends on what county you are in.
Posted By: Dry Fire

Re: How Many Doe? - 11/02/17 01:44 PM

In Alabama, a doe a day. One of my neighbors shot 20 last year. I have no idea what he did with all that meat. I think Tennessee has the same rules. I'm watching Catman Outdoors on YouTube. He shot 14 deer last year in Tennessee.
Posted By: colt45-90

Re: How Many Doe? - 11/02/17 01:47 PM

1 buck, no doe in Bastrop, Caldwell counties
Posted By: ZK-315

Re: How Many Doe? - 11/02/17 01:54 PM

We got 20 this year. up
Posted By: Trash Fish and Cull Bucks

Re: How Many Doe? - 11/02/17 02:28 PM

Yes, you're SOL. You can shoot 5 does in Jack county. Five deer, no more than 2 bucks means you can shoot 5 does, 4 does and 1 buck, or 3 does and 2 bucks.
Posted By: oldoak2000

Re: How Many Doe? - 11/02/17 03:08 PM

Originally Posted By: Aggieman775
A lot of people don’t realize everyone can take 5 does in a season but have to be in different counties if your county bag limit is not that high. Same thing with bucks. I can take 2 bucks with a 13 inch spread or greater, but I have to shoot them in 2 different counties.

^^this - EVERYBODY's license tags are the SAME - it's for the WHOLE state - 5 deer (w/2 bucks max)

- BUT individual COUNTIES can further sub-limit (some counties can't take ANY does ('cept by archery or mld permit), which is why you HAVE to fill out your LOG accurately if you hunt multiple counties!

Posted By: Savage243

Re: How Many Doe? - 11/03/17 12:34 AM

There's a hidden gem in our tags that I think gets overlooked. We can actually take 3 bucks every year. Most all counties are 2 buck counties but legally you can shoot 2 bucks in one county, then move to another county and shoot a third buck. That's why there are 3 buck or antlerless tags.
Posted By: sbushee

Re: How Many Doe? - 11/03/17 11:07 AM

It’s does, not doe.

Re: How Many Doe? - 11/03/17 11:45 AM

Originally Posted By: sbushee
It’s does, not doe.

It does what confused2
Posted By: REALKILLER

Re: How Many Doe? - 11/03/17 11:49 AM

U talkin about tag agrigation? Even the Biologist dont like that dirty secret. Agregate has been around for a while, they just dont want trigger happy rednecks readin that in bold print. Me my self have run through 12 does in 2 years and they are all pretty much the same. Crazy. The young ones are funner and are not out for get back. The old ones are sour. I'm really am not a doe killa though. banana2

Re: How Many Doe? - 11/03/17 11:56 AM

I usually just shoot one deer a year, hopefully a big mature buck, if not then I go for a spike and last but not least a doe.
I will shoot two deer this year, one for me and the landowner wants a doe up
Posted By: REALKILLER

Re: How Many Doe? - 11/03/17 11:59 AM

Speaking of Rodney Dangerfield. My old friend Larry Wright a Big ol white guy. He had two houses. One in Longview and one in Oak Hill. He stayed at the house in the country. His wife stayed in town. He said you can hunt here, but you better have a leather azz. Great guy rest his soul. I lost huntin rights there when he died. He knocked up a country neighbor black girl half his age of about 80. RIP Larry you old south Texas deer hunter. grin grin
Posted By: redchevy

Re: How Many Doe? - 11/03/17 01:58 PM

Your SOL and ive done it many times. You have 5 tags, 3 will say antler or antlerless and 2 will say antlerless only.

Re: How Many Doe? - 11/03/17 02:01 PM

Originally Posted By: Savage243
There's a hidden gem in our tags that I think gets overlooked. We can actually take 3 bucks every year. Most all counties are 2 buck counties but legally you can shoot 2 bucks in one county, then move to another county and shoot a third buck. That's why there are 3 buck or antlerless tags.

There are also a handful of 3 buck counties.
Posted By: TEXASLEFTY

Re: How Many Doe? - 11/03/17 02:11 PM

Originally Posted By: redchevy

Now wait a minute..... I just read where you can only shoot two bucks..... what gives??

Re: How Many Doe? - 11/03/17 02:29 PM

Originally Posted By: TEXASLEFTY

Now wait a minute..... I just read where you can only shoot two bucks..... what gives??

Counties can be 2 bucks, but I also just read it and the statewide bag limit is no more than 5 does or no more than 3 bucks
Posted By: splash556

Re: How Many Doe? - 11/04/17 05:17 AM

Pretty sure it's 2 does in Robertson County. I only plan on taking one. Prolly cull a spike as well.

Re: How Many Doe? - 11/06/17 02:15 PM

Originally Posted By: TEXASLEFTY

My county is a 3 buck county. I have never used more than one for a buck but it is what it is.
© 2024 Texas Hunting Forum