Texas Hunting Forum

Pest control in blinds

Posted By: Tru2lifetaxidermy

Pest control in blinds - 11/01/17 06:04 PM

What’s everyone’s preferred method of pest control in your blinds? I have always used the bug bombs but they don’t last all that long. I have heard of people using the no pest strip by hot shot but I just bought a few and now read on the package not to use in areas where there will be people around for more than 4 hours, so just checking to see if folks use this and if it is safe?
Posted By: Captain Luke

Re: Pest control in blinds - 11/01/17 06:09 PM

Bug bombs work for me.
Posted By: SapperTitan

Re: Pest control in blinds - 11/01/17 06:13 PM

I just build my blinds to be bug and water proof. No issues.
Posted By: Slimpickin

Re: Pest control in blinds - 11/01/17 06:25 PM

We use the Hotshot strips. Set them outside or in the window when hunting. Just make sure there is air flow...
Posted By: Hunter Daddy

Re: Pest control in blinds - 11/01/17 06:53 PM

I put the Hotshot "no Pest" strip in my blind at the beginning of October. There should be not spiders, wasps, etc in my blind. When I get to the ranch on Friday afternoon before the Saturday opener, I will place it in a zip-loc bag and keep it outside of the blind. When I am done hunting for the weekend, I will put it back in the blind. If you want to hunt the blind right away when you get to your blind, then just take out the strip, open all windows and door for 5 minutes then get into your blind. Just leave the windows open for air flow while you hunt.
Posted By: Texan Til I Die

Re: Pest control in blinds - 11/01/17 07:21 PM

I put a no pest strip in mine in early spring, replace in mid summer, and take it out opening weekend. Works great on wasps, yellow jackets and mud daubers, but apparently it doesn't affect some types of spiders.
Posted By: fouzman

Re: Pest control in blinds - 11/01/17 07:29 PM

We use D-Con bug bombs for the stands that aren't bug and water proof.
Posted By: Schpanky

Re: Pest control in blinds - 11/01/17 09:06 PM

Hot Shot Pest Strip

use this and you'll NEVER have another living flying insect in your blind.....they last about 4 months.
Posted By: krmitchell

Re: Pest control in blinds - 11/01/17 10:45 PM

Hot shot pest strips, take them out as soon as the hunting starts.
Posted By: REALKILLER

Re: Pest control in blinds - 11/01/17 11:12 PM

I have a pet Gremlin in my blind full time. He is the one that got wet. Nothin comes up in there to hang out. nuts
Posted By: Txduckman

Re: Pest control in blinds - 11/02/17 12:58 AM

We use the Hot Shot pest strips. I usually pitch it outside when hunting. Beats fighting wasps.
Posted By: soonersorlaters

Re: Pest control in blinds - 11/02/17 01:20 AM

Amazon

Bifen IT One ounce per gallon of water in pump sprayer. We mixed a 2 gallon jug and treated 10 blinds inside and out and still had a lot left over.

Safe for kids and pets after dried. Safe indoors to use at your house as well. I use it as a home perimeter treatment about a foot from slab on the ground and just over the weep holes in the bricks. Done deal. 1oz Bifen/1gallon of water treats 1,000 square feet. Just discovered it this year and it will be on a regular 90 day rotation from now on. If you don't Amazon, they have an equivalent product at Tractor Supply with the same concentration of the primary active ingredient (Bifenthrin) I have no beef with No Pest strips but they're many times more expensive than Bifen and no issues with breathing the Bifen once dried.
Posted By: Ramsey

Re: Pest control in blinds - 11/02/17 01:53 AM

Pest Strips are awesome, I will use a bug bomb in early October so the smell isnt so bad in November when I actually go up there.
Posted By: 505ed

Re: Pest control in blinds - 11/02/17 02:19 AM

DDVP strips work wonders
Posted By: HCGedge3

Re: Pest control in blinds - 11/02/17 03:04 AM

Fly swater
Posted By: dogcatcher

Re: Pest control in blinds - 11/02/17 03:09 AM

Spray with this Demon WP. https://www.amazon.com/syngenta-Demon-WP...ywords=Demon+WP

Then hang ProZap pest control strip.
https://www.amazon.com/Durvet-5019510-ProZap-Insect-Guard/dp/B00061MSR6
http://www.allivet.com/p-6913-prozap-ins...AiABEgIGkvD_BwE
Posted By: RyanM

Re: Pest control in blinds - 11/02/17 03:36 AM

ProZap strips are great. I just built a popup on a raised platform. I was worried about wasps nesting since there was no way to seal it up. Put the pest strip in and no problems since July. Only issue is the hundreds of dead love buds in the floor!
© 2024 Texas Hunting Forum