Texas Hunting Forum

Rut in Anderson and Henderson county

Posted By: Patweldon

Rut in Anderson and Henderson county - 10/28/17 01:19 PM

Any news on what's going on. I did not now hunt this year and wondering what to look forward to. Any news would be appreciated
Posted By: JCB

Re: Rut in Anderson and Henderson county - 10/28/17 01:37 PM

When I hunted Anderson the rut was usually winding down by opening weekend of rifle season.
Posted By: Hawk and Buck Farms

Re: Rut in Anderson and Henderson county - 10/28/17 02:43 PM

My best guess - peak rut Nov 5 - 15; that would mean a second rut around december 2 to 7.

that is my best guess based on nothing more than the movement I've seen over the last few weeks.

Keep in mind it's been warm till this morning but we just started to see a lot of does seeking bucks this past week (10/21 - 10/28)

historically on my place when we see does starting to move around the rut is two weeks out.

(My property - Henderson county east of Athens, just north of Murchison off hwy 773)
Posted By: Texas Shag

Re: Rut in Anderson and Henderson county - 10/29/17 07:56 PM

they have been in full chase the last two weekends in far northwest anderson county. I haven't had time to hunt with a new daughter and having to spend time on the tractor to get the place in shape for rifle season. But, from what I have seen while on the tractor the past couple of weekends, its already on strong.
Posted By: jla11868

Re: Rut in Anderson and Henderson county - 10/30/17 01:50 PM

I hunt the edge of henderson and vanzandt county and the bucks I have seen have not been chaseing does only small spikes chaseing most good bucks have been nocternal still Crazy huh.
Posted By: tShawnB

Re: Rut in Anderson and Henderson county - 10/30/17 02:00 PM

I used to hunt this country quite a bit several years ago, primarily bow hunt. From my experience, the best time to see rutting bucks was end of October usually thru first week of November. I remember rattling bucks in early to mid October when it was 80 degrees.
Posted By: F-250

Re: Rut in Anderson and Henderson county - 10/30/17 04:15 PM

5 miles east of Palestine bucks have been chasing for last two weeks.
Posted By: Bcap

Re: Rut in Anderson and Henderson county - 10/31/17 03:09 AM

My dad and I hunt between Franston and Palestine and I haven't seen much rutting activity in person or on the game cams. Seen two bucks eating out in a coastal field on the way in. Seen a young 8 walking by my bow stand but did not seem to be on a mission anywhere. Also have 6 does in the camera and nothing has seemed too interested, atleast in the pictured. Seen a couple deer on the side of the highway which usually means it is ramping up however. Last year it wasn't till the second and third week of November for us till I saw chasing.
© 2024 Texas Hunting Forum