Texas Hunting Forum

Rut

Posted By: Big8

Rut - 10/26/17 01:03 AM

I am new to the forum, I hunt lee county and woneder if anyone else does. I didn't get to hunt last weekend and wondered if deer were starting to chase. My experience is by opening weekend of gun season they are pushing does. With the continued fronts I would assume this would be a good weekend?
Posted By: Brother in-law

Re: Rut - 10/26/17 01:11 AM

Opening weekend should be good rut or not
Posted By: TexasKC

Re: Rut - 10/26/17 01:11 AM

I saw a little 8 pt. chasing a doe a couple weeks ago but she wanted nothing to do with him. Haven't seen any since then. Bucks have disappeared from our place so I don't know what's going on. Fedor area in Lee county

Re: Rut - 10/26/17 01:19 AM

I hunt on the Yeguat outside of Blue, seen a lot of doe and all had yearlings but only a few bucks. I have a feeling this is all about to change. Saturday and Sunday morning should be in the 30's and I will try to be in the stand with rattling horn this weekend.
Posted By: TexasKC

Re: Rut - 10/26/17 01:22 AM

West Yegua creek is our south property line. Opening weekend is usually pretty good for us. We're not far from Blue.

Re: Rut - 10/26/17 01:32 AM

Our place starts not far from Adina and stretches close to 696, opening weekend is normally good but I have had a couple of years where they have already paired up and it is slow. I will try my bow this weekend to see what is actually happening.
Posted By: gary roberson

Re: Rut - 10/26/17 01:32 PM

I predict that the rut will be a little earlier across most of the state this year as deer are like livestock, if they are in good body condition, they tend to cycle earlier. The pre-rut is already going on here in Menard County. I am estimating 7-10 days ahead of what we normally see. I did see a fawn nursing a doe yesterday morning which means that old sister won't be breeding back anytime soon.
Adios,
Gary
Posted By: REALKILLER

Re: Rut - 10/26/17 10:27 PM

Saw a solid 4 year old ruttin on the 15th? Yesterday I saw a 3 and 4 year old buck walking together in the same spot. May be gay deer.
© 2024 Texas Hunting Forum