Texas Hunting Forum

Why do I keep trying shortcuts????

Posted By: Clay co hunter

Why do I keep trying shortcuts???? - 10/21/17 10:23 PM

Saw some videos on YouTube about hunting with scents.... looks good maybe i’ll Try it.... well, not sure what the deer will think, but after I got it all over my dang hands, it’s all I can freaking smell!!! And believe me, they must have gotten it from a buck that drinks too many Dr Peppers and not near enough water. (Kinda on the pungit side) I don’t think my wife will let m back in the house like this...
Posted By: Trophytaker3

Re: Why do I keep trying shortcuts???? - 10/21/17 10:27 PM

The best way i've found to get the smell of is lather hands up REALLY good with warm soapy water, then scrub scrub scrub as hard as you can, (preferably with a brush) if that dont work, do the same thing, either add Isopropyl alcohol and or Peroxide. That has gotten rid of it everytime.

Or just spend a week in the woods.... stir
Posted By: Kawabuggy

Re: Why do I keep trying shortcuts???? - 10/21/17 11:38 PM

I can't explain why this works, but it does.. Wash your hands with regular soap & water. Now when they are dry.. I mean SUPER DRY.. NO water remaining on your hands at all dry. Take some of your wifes hand lotion and completely cover every square inch of your hands. Rub it in very well. After you think you are done, put a little more hand lotion on and rub it in to every square inch of exposed skin on your hands again. Wait 10 minutes. Now wash your hands with regular soap and water again. The smell will be gone. Someone else told me about this and I tried it and it does work.
Posted By: Pitchfork Predator

Re: Why do I keep trying shortcuts???? - 10/22/17 01:40 PM

Be careful, that stuff carries bacteria born illness that can be very serious to your health!

barf
Posted By: Stub

Re: Why do I keep trying shortcuts???? - 10/22/17 02:08 PM

I use non scented soaps and under arm deodorant after showering, same with clothes (unscented soap). Usually before I go to my stand I break a small branch off a cedar tree and brush myself with it, will also grab a hand full of dirt and rub it all around my hands and wrist. Mother nature provides up
Posted By: Jimbo

Re: Why do I keep trying shortcuts???? - 10/22/17 02:21 PM

If you don't get it all off, every time a cold front comes through your neck will swell and you'll start tearing up the bushes in you're and your neighbors yards.

Wash with hot soapy water, and cut a fresh lemon and scrub you hands with the lemon and juice....Repeat several times.

What are you doing getting it all over your hands anyway????
Posted By: Clay co hunter

Re: Why do I keep trying shortcuts???? - 10/22/17 05:51 PM

What are you doing getting it all over your hands anyway???? [/quote]

As usual I was in a hurry and trying to do two things at once and I wasn’t as careful as I should have been. Hoping some day I will learn to slow it down a notch.... someday....
Posted By: BigLou

Re: Why do I keep trying shortcuts???? - 10/23/17 12:41 AM

There's an awesome industrial hand soap you can buy at Home Depot in the cleaning aisle. It's called cherry bomb. Never had your exact experience, but I bet it will do the trick...
Posted By: varnoldi13

Re: Why do I keep trying shortcuts???? - 10/23/17 02:31 PM

powered dish soup to scrub the hands with has always been my go to.
Posted By: REALKILLER

Re: Why do I keep trying shortcuts???? - 10/23/17 04:17 PM

Big bucks in Illinois blow at fake or bottle deer pee. Just sayin. Go to the woods and all the sudden it smells like a gang bang and the old ones run off. Of course the young dont.
Posted By: Pinky3169

Re: Why do I keep trying shortcuts???? - 10/30/17 02:05 PM

Table salt works good... Pour a good amount on your dry hands and rub them together and then rinse..
Posted By: Western

Re: Why do I keep trying shortcuts???? - 10/30/17 02:48 PM

WD-40
Posted By: bp3

Re: Why do I keep trying shortcuts???? - 10/30/17 03:00 PM

Wash with Dawn dish soap, dry then use tooth paste scrub it on hands and wash it off.
Posted By: Mickey Moose

Re: Why do I keep trying shortcuts???? - 11/02/17 03:59 AM

Gasoline and fire.
© 2024 Texas Hunting Forum