Texas Hunting Forum

To do list...

Posted By: Stratgolfer

To do list... - 09/19/17 02:14 AM

I get a day tomorrow to get up to the lease and do some work. Here's my list:
1. Put my blind up on 4X4's with a couple of farm jacks. (one guy for sure is coming out to help, maybe more). It will be 4ft up.
2. Continue to clear the new shooting lane, which started off about 50 yds of cedar. This is a 2nd lane for soon to be raised blind.
3. Put up new feeder, install motor, fill with corn, and put in the pen around. (for when I'm done clearing the 50 yds of cedar).
4. Move 4X8 platform to new location to build a new blind on top of.
5. Kill as many hogs as I possibly can!!!
6. Check camera's to see that huge buck I won't ever see while I'm hunting this year!!
7. Drink 1 beer..........
Posted By: Deerhunter61

Re: To do list... - 09/19/17 11:50 AM

And...were you able to get everything on your list checked off? I hope you did. Good luck this season!
Posted By: colt45-90

Re: To do list... - 09/19/17 01:55 PM

start with no. 7
Posted By: Schpanky

Re: To do list... - 09/19/17 02:42 PM

necessary revisions......

1. Put my blind up on 4X4's with a couple of farm jacks. (one guy for sure is coming out to help, maybe more). It will be 4ft up.
2. Continue to clear the new shooting lane, which started off about 50 yds of cedar. This is a 2nd lane for soon to be raised blind.
3. Put up new feeder...Drink 1 beer...install motor..Drink 1 beer..fill with corn...Drink 1 beer...and put in the pen around. (for when I'm done clearing the 50 yds of cedar).
4. Move 4X8 platform to new location to build a new blind on top of.
.....etc......
Posted By: rickym

Re: To do list... - 09/19/17 08:22 PM

Schpanky has the right idea, though you'll need a beer or two while building your feed pen.
Posted By: Dalee7892

Re: To do list... - 09/19/17 10:28 PM

That's a heck of a list for one day. Not enough beer.
Posted By: Jimbo1

Re: To do list... - 09/19/17 10:53 PM

My list is usually that long too, and I usually get to scratch off a couple. Bad thing is there's always other tasks that take their place!
Posted By: Creekrunner

Re: To do list... - 09/20/17 11:16 AM

I'm headed out today for a few days of getting feeders started. Hopefully one or two guys will join me on the weekend. Have to have some running, in case the pointed stick guys get their act together and want to hunt. grin

1. Fill corn slowly and carefully.
2. Put in fresh battery, say a prayer and test feeder.
3. Repair 'coon damage.
4. Peek in blind.
5. Spray wasp spray and run. (Or shoot anything bigger than a wasp in said blind.)
6. Repeat above as long as light, or, until whiskey and cigar at cabin can no longer be resisted.

Re: To do list... - 09/21/17 12:42 AM

1, 2, 6, and 7 got done. If I went with Schpanky's suggestions I wouldn't haven't gotten anything done but I'd have been much happier. LOL. I have about 5 trees left to cut down and then the huge task of dragging out all those trees that I've been cutting for two months. but it's gonna be worth it. A second pasture to hunt will be interesting. I have a host of good does coming around with a few good bucks, a couple of them might be shooters if they stick around. I've got 1 spike that looks like a bull with his horns curled over. For the round pen post, I have multiple deer inside the round pen, which has never happened with a square pen. I counted 4 deer inside (only 5 panels). It was hot, in two days I soaked 4 shirts. I'll post pics after I get the kids to bed!!!

Re: To do list... - 10/06/17 01:47 PM

Update:
#3 done.

#2 all trees down, just need to keep pulling stuff out of the lane. You can see box blind in the back right of the pic.
Posted By: hook_n_line

Re: To do list... - 10/06/17 04:13 PM

up
Posted By: D Rogers

Re: To do list... - 10/06/17 06:06 PM

I try to hammer at that list every weekend but it seems like my wife always has different plans!
Posted By: Wacm

Re: To do list... - 10/06/17 08:20 PM

Man my list never gets done. It's amazing when you come home wore out but happy at the same time. I must really hate deer.
Posted By: HoldPoint

Re: To do list... - 10/06/17 08:33 PM

I have yet to manage my list down to 0 so I just focus on #7 and get as much done each time I go. I still have to put some finishing touches on a new blind I built, get our directv dish re-mounted, mess with corn and get some shooting in. Also have to clear a couple lanes and put some new chairs in. The list is definitely shorter than it has been though...
© 2024 Texas Hunting Forum