Posted By: Deerhunter61

Re: Hurricane Harvey's impact on deer hunting - 08/29/17 06:27 PM

Originally Posted By: rickym

Originally Posted By: Longhunter
roflmao
Posted By: Texas buckeye

Re: Hurricane Harvey's impact on deer hunting - 08/29/17 06:36 PM

Those bucks need some snorkels!!

I worry a lot of hunters are going to have miserable hunting this year, not including the guys that directly got affected, but all those south texas ranches that got flooded, the deer may move out and not come back in for a bit...
Posted By: SapperTitan

Re: Hurricane Harvey's impact on deer hunting - 08/30/17 01:47 AM

I wonder if TPWD will be refunding anyone who paid to apply for Brazos Bend hunts, I doubt it will be huntable this season.
Posted By: Deerslayer94

Re: Hurricane Harvey's impact on deer hunting - 08/31/17 06:16 AM

I was waiting for someone to post that meme lol
Posted By: s1rGr1nG0

Re: Hurricane Harvey's impact on deer hunting - 08/31/17 02:03 PM

On the other hand, I bet pigs will be great later this year!
Posted By: Txduckman

Re: Hurricane Harvey's impact on deer hunting - 09/01/17 05:22 AM

Some guy shot one in a shopping center parking lot yesterday with his bow. People getting rescued and wild hog running around. He should have had the grill going.
Posted By: Ranch Dog

Re: Hurricane Harvey's impact on deer hunting - 09/01/17 11:35 AM

I'm willing to bet that a number of the public hunting properties will be closed from the Aransas NWR up through the LA State line and back inland a 100 miles or so. It has happened before.
Posted By: QuitShootinYoungBucks

Re: Hurricane Harvey's impact on deer hunting - 09/01/17 08:18 PM

How many guys can't afford their leases now?
Posted By: Halfadozen

Re: Hurricane Harvey's impact on deer hunting - 09/01/17 09:19 PM

Originally Posted By: QuitShootinYoungBucks
Thread got me to thinking, as there probably is a bit of reality around deer being pushed out. If you were a ranch owner in the affected area, assuming LF, would you consider partially or fully refunding your lease fees? I could see both sides of this, but you landowners out there, what are your thoughts?
Posted By: doogie

Re: Hurricane Harvey's impact on deer hunting - 09/03/17 02:09 AM

Originally Posted By: Halfadozen
Thread got me to thinking, as there probably is a bit of reality around deer being pushed out. If you were a ranch owner in the affected area, assuming LF, would you consider partially or fully refunding your lease fees? I could see both sides of this, but you landowners out there, what are your thoughts?

I guess I would if hunters paid extra when the hunting was extra good.
Posted By: TxHunter87

Re: Hurricane Harvey's impact on deer hunting - 09/05/17 10:26 PM

I have been wondering about this myself, will this much rain will affect deer season such as around my area in Spring, TX it knock a good amount of acorns down not sure if that's good or bad or how it will effect the rest of the season

but anyone got an idea of what we could see this season for those of us that did get a ton of rain?
Posted By: erathar

Re: Hurricane Harvey's impact on deer hunting - 09/06/17 12:40 AM

Originally Posted By: doogie

Brilliant.
Posted By: TXHOGSLAYER

Re: Hurricane Harvey's impact on deer hunting - 09/06/17 02:31 AM

I am just hoping that my blind is still in the creek bottom where I left it. grin
Posted By: Ranch Dog

Re: Hurricane Harvey's impact on deer hunting - 09/06/17 03:10 AM

Originally Posted By: erathar
Originally Posted By: doogie

Brilliant.

Yeah, good thinking!

As a landowner, I would understand but I suspect the loss would cause me to rethink the period that I would consider offering a hunting lease. In the future, the lease period would not start before Hurricane season ended. I just looked up that date and hurricane season ends on Nov 30th! In that hurricane season starts on June 1st, the lease period would be from Dec 1st, through May 31st!

© 2024 Texas Hunting Forum