Texas Hunting Forum

What is the latest fawns you have seen?

Posted By: FoxTrot

What is the latest fawns you have seen? - 08/07/17 03:15 PM

I fairly sure that I have 1 or 2 doe on cam that are about to drop.
We also have a few really fresh fawns as well and no fawns that appear to have any age on them whatsoever.
So, what is the latest you have seen?
Posted By: PMK

Re: What is the latest fawns you have seen? - 08/07/17 05:54 PM

late Aug to early Sept. is the latest I have seen new fawns, bred in Feb.

Those were in a high density with a horrible doe/buck ratio where I suspect the few bucks couldn't service all the does during earlier estrus cycles.
Posted By: Navasot

Re: What is the latest fawns you have seen? - 08/07/17 06:01 PM

all of ours are out and running with mom by now.. every now and then you see a tiny one in october... not many though
Posted By: FoxTrot

Re: What is the latest fawns you have seen? - 08/07/17 07:10 PM

Im dumbfounded this year. We have never had this happen. We actually have more bucks than does. It seems off to me.
Posted By: Bigfoot

Re: What is the latest fawns you have seen? - 08/07/17 08:41 PM

Nice doe with a fawn is running around by the main road next to my house on cooler days in the afternoons. Last year she had 2 but this year only 1. This is a suburban deer right in the middle of a million plus people.
Posted By: rifleman

Re: What is the latest fawns you have seen? - 08/07/17 09:51 PM

Thanksgiving. Had a set of twins last year hit the ground opening week. And mama started bringing them to cornpiles in early Dec.
Posted By: Navasot

Re: What is the latest fawns you have seen? - 08/07/17 10:01 PM

Originally Posted By: FoxTrot
Im dumbfounded this year. We have never had this happen. We actually have more bucks than does. It seems off to me.

Every year mine is pretty inline... i have nothing but loads of doe and fawns... then sure enough mid august a few bucks show then by mid september the buck numbers start hanging right there with the doe...
Posted By: sbushee

Re: What is the latest fawns you have seen? - 08/08/17 02:46 PM

I saw a fawn walking into work about 11:00 even though starting time was 8. That darn dawn was three hours late!
Posted By: colt45-90

Re: What is the latest fawns you have seen? - 08/08/17 06:37 PM

saw a road kill, it looked like it must have been a very early drop
Posted By: redchevy

Re: What is the latest fawns you have seen? - 08/08/17 08:38 PM

Few years ago we drove up on a doe that had just given birth she took off and the fawn (still wet and couldn't walk yet) was still there. We got the heck out of there hoping momma would be back to tend to it. It was I want to say August 28th.
Posted By: Stevarino

Re: What is the latest fawns you have seen? - 08/09/17 02:43 PM

Had one with spots the 2nd weekend of oct last year at the feeder. Doing the math, we came up with end of Aug, first if Sept
Posted By: therancher

Re: What is the latest fawns you have seen? - 08/09/17 09:45 PM

November and December. I typically have several fawns in sept and October and one or two in November.

It's the main reason I never judge spikes. Well, that and I'm just plain smarter than folks who shoot spikes...
Posted By: Stevarino

Re: What is the latest fawns you have seen? - 08/10/17 02:05 PM

Originally Posted By: therancher
I'm just plain smarter than folks who shoot spikes...

clap
Posted By: HuntersAnonymous41

Re: What is the latest fawns you have seen? - 08/10/17 02:25 PM

Saw 5 fawns in a back yard yesterday with about 10 mature doe.
© 2024 Texas Hunting Forum