Texas Hunting Forum

Lee county, Giddings Texas

Posted By: Kory

Lee county, Giddings Texas - 01/13/17 12:27 AM

I just got permission to hunt a place for free that is a few hundred acres in giddings. The place has never been hunted. Does anyone know how the hunting is there. Are there any exotics. I don't know the area at all and I live 5 hrs from there. Any info is appreciated.
Posted By: crosshare

Re: Lee county, Giddings Texas - 01/13/17 12:40 AM

It's hit or miss. I've never personally seen any exotics but you never know. Good chance there will be hogs. Good luck
Posted By: KCH

Re: Lee county, Giddings Texas - 01/13/17 03:53 AM

Lee County has some fairly good genetics. If the neighbors haven't shot it up it could be good. Hogs will be thick. Personally if you live in Sherman, you have world class bucks in your backyard. I'd try to find something to hunt in Grayson if I were you...good luck!
Posted By: colt45-90

Re: Lee county, Giddings Texas - 01/13/17 10:51 AM

the key factor...neighbors
Posted By: waderaider1

Re: Lee county, Giddings Texas - 01/13/17 12:04 PM

in Lee county you never know what might walk out. you might be surprised. cougars, bobcats, hogs, maybe an exotic but not likely. good bucks. dont concern yourself if you do not see alot of good bucks at first. feed the does all yr. then in the middle of November when the rut is full on be ready.Second rut end of December and beginning of january. the big boys sometime make a mistake. oh yea we have these rather large red/cinnamon colored dogs (60+#) that some people say are just coyotes.
Posted By: cameron00

Re: Lee county, Giddings Texas - 01/13/17 01:34 PM

I used to hunt the Burleson/Lee county line, and part of my property was in the Yegua bottoms.

We had tons of deer, and some that were pretty dang nice. Also tons of hogs.

You're not going to see a mountain lion, but everything else (foxes, coyotes, bobcats) are there.

As mentioned, going to completely depend on the neighbors and the cover your place has.
Posted By: GO REBS

Re: Lee county, Giddings Texas - 01/15/17 09:44 PM

is it north or south of giddings?
© 2024 Texas Hunting Forum