Texas Hunting Forum

So the wife kicked me out....

Posted By: Halfadozen

So the wife kicked me out.... - 12/28/16 01:19 AM

And told me don't come home until you get that 10 point or a couple of does, we are running out of meat. God Bless that woman. 30 years of marriage and she finally gets it!
Posted By: Deerhunter61

Re: So the wife kicked me out.... - 12/28/16 04:45 AM

up
Posted By: txshntr

Re: So the wife kicked me out.... - 12/28/16 04:46 AM

cheers
Posted By: deerhunter1956

Re: So the wife kicked me out.... - 12/28/16 11:33 AM

She has you well trained.
Posted By: Grizzley0531

Re: So the wife kicked me out.... - 12/28/16 01:59 PM

cheers
Posted By: Bobcat4119

Re: So the wife kicked me out.... - 12/28/16 02:24 PM

Does she offer counseling sessions for other wives???? duel
Posted By: JB1316

Re: So the wife kicked me out.... - 12/28/16 02:33 PM

Originally Posted By: Bobcat4119

I can think of a few guys that would happily pay for that kind of mentoring.
Posted By: SouthWestIron

Re: So the wife kicked me out.... - 12/28/16 03:09 PM

Setting the gold standard. We need her to write a book.
Posted By: BuckyBigsby

Re: So the wife kicked me out.... - 12/28/16 03:46 PM

Does she have a younger, single sister?
Posted By: redchevy

Re: So the wife kicked me out.... - 12/28/16 03:48 PM

I would like to send my wife over for training, do you know how much your wife would charge?

wife
Posted By: Red Cloud

Re: So the wife kicked me out.... - 12/28/16 04:16 PM

Yep, you have a very blessed marriage! Last month when I killed a nice 10 pt. My beautiful wife, who has never hunted in her life, was so happy she told me to "hang the antlers wherever you want, now go back out and shoot a couple of hogs and if you can get another buck." God, I love Texas women!
Posted By: Bobcat4119

Re: So the wife kicked me out.... - 12/28/16 04:38 PM

I shot a buck mid November on my property and my wife was super excited.... Until I told her I can still hunt other counties. Thought I was going to end up with a black eye LOL
Posted By: JB1316

Re: So the wife kicked me out.... - 12/28/16 04:53 PM

I shot a buck mid November on my property and my wife was super excited.... Until I told her I can still hunt other counties. Thought I was going to end up with a black eye LOL

hahaha roflmao
Posted By: inxoy

Re: So the wife kicked me out.... - 12/29/16 06:14 PM

that is a good deal right there
Posted By: samh

Re: So the wife kicked me out.... - 12/30/16 08:09 PM

I know what you mean about Texas women.
A friend called needing someone to get on a lease with him, I said I was tired of paying high lease fees and was going to hope for draws and invites. My wife asked what he wanted.....she told me to call him back and tell him YES!!!
Then she replaced my blinds, feeders, and tripods I sold off a couple years ago.
Posted By: YellowDog

Re: So the wife kicked me out.... - 12/30/16 08:33 PM

Get out of here. So she can go partying with out you. I love my wife
Posted By: Jkd106

Re: So the wife kicked me out.... - 12/31/16 12:24 AM

X2
Posted By: Creekrunner

Re: So the wife kicked me out.... - 12/31/16 12:39 AM

Originally Posted By: Jkd106

X2

A wise man told me once "Spend as much on her as you do hunting and you'll be able to go hunting as much as you want."

It works.
Posted By: Nick1

Re: So the wife kicked me out.... - 12/31/16 04:42 AM

Originally Posted By: deerhunter1956
She has you well trained.

^^^ roflmao
Posted By: HCHunter28

Re: So the wife kicked me out.... - 12/31/16 04:51 AM

Originally Posted By: Creekrunner

X2

A wise man told me once "Spend as much on her as you do hunting and you'll be able to go hunting as much as you want."

It works.

How much I spend or how much I tell her I spend?
Posted By: bowbuilder1971

Re: So the wife kicked me out.... - 12/31/16 07:01 AM

Awesome!!!! That's the best type of wife to have. My wife is a good one too. Takes me shopping for shoes and we end up walking out with no shoes and a new 1911 lol. My buddies asked me if she had a sister and she does but her sister is a super snow flake liberal lol. I am a gunsmith so you can imagine what our times together are like. Very few if I can help it. Thank God she lives in another state!!!!
Posted By: NDN98

Re: So the wife kicked me out.... - 12/31/16 07:25 AM

Originally Posted By: HCHunter28
Originally Posted By: Creekrunner

X2

It works.

How much I spend or how much I tell her I spend?

roflmao Yep, those are 2 totally different answers right there.

Re: So the wife kicked me out.... - 01/02/17 01:18 AM

Update: spent 4 days hunting with my hunting partner of 20+ years. There were 3 ten points we have been hunting hard all year. My buddy and I share everything but wives and bank accounts and never argue about who will hunt where - just agree. 2 of the 3 bucks we had patterned pretty well and my buddy scored on one of them Wednesday. (pics to follow). 6.5 year old that weighed in at 172 on hoof. Biggest bodied deer we have seen on our ranch ever. He was just past prime and we rough scored him around 143". The bigger 10 who appeared to be a 150 class on camera and even heavier body weight showed up on Friday morning at around 6:55 a.m. We had a bit of fog - knew it was him - but at 225 yards and first legal shooting light I had to pass as couldn't get an ethical shot. That night, as I said in my OP, wife said don't come home with at least the 10 or 2 nice does. Well af 5:45 on another set across the ranch 3 miles away I was fortunate enough to take 2 fat does in 45 seconds. We didn't get the other 2 ten points and am kind of thankful in hopes they will be monsters next year. Will be going out in the next 2 weeks to fill the remaining doe tag and spike tag during late season. Been a great season in our place, especially after the rut.
Posted By: SnakeWrangler

Re: So the wife kicked me out.... - 01/02/17 02:37 AM

Awesome Sir! up

Re: So the wife kicked me out.... - 01/02/17 03:27 AM

Thanks Snake. One of the best hunting years in awhile in our parts. Deer are really fat and healthy and herd is growing fast. If we get more good rains next year the next 3 years should be great as the last 2 year fawns will grow well.
© 2024 Texas Hunting Forum