Texas Hunting Forum

Rainy Sunday in Cistern

Posted By: CisternStoreHunter

Rainy Sunday in Cistern - 12/05/16 03:44 AM

Decided to make the trip to the lease in Cistern for a Sunday morning and afternoon hunt with the weather that we were supposed to have. We have been struggling to see mature bucks and I figured this would be the weather where I might see one. I finally seen the buck I have been hunting, but unfortunately couldn't get a shot. Fortunately, the camera did catch him.

He didnt come back during the afternoon but this old porker decided to try and come in and didnt make it to far
Posted By: postoak

Re: Rainy Sunday in Cistern - 12/05/16 03:47 AM

That's one that is well worth targeting.
Posted By: SapperTitan

Re: Rainy Sunday in Cistern - 12/05/16 04:01 AM

He would be a heck of a trophy
Posted By: Deerhunter61

Re: Rainy Sunday in Cistern - 12/05/16 01:33 PM

Originally Posted By: postoak
That's one that is well worth targeting.
Originally Posted By: SapperTitan
He would be a heck of a trophy
Posted By: Mr. T.

Re: Rainy Sunday in Cistern - 12/05/16 01:39 PM

Nice one.
Posted By: rattler03

Re: Rainy Sunday in Cistern - 12/05/16 05:03 PM

very good buck, good luck trying to put your tag on him. you've still got plenty of time. It looks like we're going to get a couple of good hard freezes this week, which should kill off most of the native browse and make the deer more reliant on feed. The hunting should improve because of that.

Re: Rainy Sunday in Cistern - 12/05/16 10:36 PM

Here is another picture I got of him. Very unique rack
Posted By: Dalee7892

Re: Rainy Sunday in Cistern - 12/05/16 11:52 PM

Very nice one.

Re: Rainy Sunday in Cistern - 01/13/17 04:21 AM

UPDATE: Unfortunately didnt get to hunt this buck as much as I would have liked to with the way my work schedule was. The neighbors ended up shooting him in the last week of the season in a stand maybe 50 yards from the fence line.They never said anything about the score, but I aged him at 4.5 when I got a glimpse of him earlier in the year. On to next season
Posted By: kdkane1971

Re: Rainy Sunday in Cistern - 01/13/17 02:51 PM

Nice buck. Too bad you didn't get to tag him.
Posted By: 25-06Man

Re: Rainy Sunday in Cistern - 01/13/17 03:10 PM

Sorry you were not able to harvest him. He is a good one,
Posted By: Creekrunner

Re: Rainy Sunday in Cistern - 01/13/17 04:08 PM

Great looking buck. 'Sorry you didn't get him, but it sounds like you have a decent relationship with the neighbor's hunters. That's pretty rare these days.
Posted By: sbushee

Re: Rainy Sunday in Cistern - 01/17/17 01:15 AM

Sucks about the neighbors stand placement. Someone that wears that much camo to rifle hunt is probably a city slicker and not very neighborly
Posted By: sbushee

Re: Rainy Sunday in Cistern - 01/17/17 02:32 AM

Sucks about the neighbors stand placement. Someone that wears that much camo to rifle hunt is probably a city slicker and not very neighborly
© 2024 Texas Hunting Forum