Texas Hunting Forum

Wise/Jack Co Updates?

Posted By: txcornhusker

Wise/Jack Co Updates? - 11/18/16 06:38 PM

Seeing chasing or mature bucks interested in does?
Posted By: Western

Re: Wise/Jack Co Updates? - 11/19/16 12:36 AM

Yes sir, started seeing older bucks (as old as they can get down here in the SW corner LOL) chasing last week. Deer where out at 4pm today.
Posted By: LonestarCobra

Re: Wise/Jack Co Updates? - 11/19/16 01:59 AM

I saw rutting activity all week.
Posted By: KennyLee

Re: Wise/Jack Co Updates? - 11/19/16 03:09 AM

I'm sitting all day each day this weekend. Or until a big boy is down.

Hoping to be home by lunch tomorrow.....
Posted By: SowHntr

Re: Wise/Jack Co Updates? - 11/19/16 03:42 AM

Just got back in town, can't wait for morning. Good luck guys and shoot straight. I have only seen one legal buck, he was very nice but only 3.5. Maybe his daddy comes around this weekend.

Re: Wise/Jack Co Updates? - 11/19/16 05:40 AM

Good luck boys!
Posted By: Western

Re: Wise/Jack Co Updates? - 11/19/16 11:34 AM

Good luck this weekend fellas. 36.7 degrees in SC Wisw and the oak leaves have been turning and dropping fast in the past few days.
Posted By: Alex K.

Re: Wise/Jack Co Updates? - 11/19/16 11:51 AM

32 here at the Jack/Montague border. Looking foward to a great day in the woods. Haven't had this guy on camera in over a week, but hope he shows this morning. Good luck to all.

Re: Wise/Jack Co Updates? - 11/19/16 01:00 PM

Nothing moving at my place yet other than the shivering 10 year old next to me. Truck said 30 when I parked.

Good luck fellers.

Re: Wise/Jack Co Updates? - 11/19/16 01:15 PM

I seen 31 degrees at 2210/199 driving in this morning. Had 4 does come out and winded me, didn't blow but walked off. They might not of liked the code blue.

Re: Wise/Jack Co Updates? - 11/19/16 01:31 PM

Group of 7 does came by but not within range. Good to see movement.
Posted By: Alex K.

Re: Wise/Jack Co Updates? - 11/19/16 02:02 PM

Buck just chased a doe down edge of field. Left as quick as they appeared.

Re: Wise/Jack Co Updates? - 11/19/16 09:26 PM

Not a creature was stirring, not even a......

Re: Wise/Jack Co Updates? - 11/19/16 10:11 PM

Saw a group of 4 fawns w/o does. Buck chasing a doe and they took off chasing them and eachother. Assimilation behavior is setting in. Bet there has been a lot of chasing this week. Cameras seem to say that. Got in the stand a couple hours ago and the corn from this morning is cleaned up. Deer must have fed again over the noon hour. Good luck tonight girls!

Re: Wise/Jack Co Updates? - 11/20/16 02:11 AM

Saw two does this evening and two bucks this afternoon.

Total of 9 does and not a single buck following them. It's either over or hasn't gotten going here.

A lot less movement today than I was expecting.
Posted By: LonestarCobra

Re: Wise/Jack Co Updates? - 11/20/16 02:18 AM

When I was counting calves this evening, I saw some more rut activity in Eastern Jack Co. There were 15-20 deer in the wheat field when I drove out. I saw 2 bucks being very friendly with the does. My place in Young County has been having some rut action as well.
Posted By: Txduckman

Re: Wise/Jack Co Updates? - 11/20/16 07:10 AM

Dead here in Montague. Have a giant on camera on 16th. No doe or anything being seen at feeders. Weird year. Lots of green still.
Posted By: huntbrown

Re: Wise/Jack Co Updates? - 11/20/16 01:19 PM

I'm in Montague north of nocona saw a young 5 point yesterday morning. Nothing in the evening. Nothing this morning yet

Re: Wise/Jack Co Updates? - 11/20/16 01:28 PM

Nothing in Wise so far but just heard a shot not too far off.

Re: Wise/Jack Co Updates? - 11/20/16 02:02 PM

Nothing yet this morning, no shots except duck hunters. Jack co
Posted By: outdoorsmen54

Re: Wise/Jack Co Updates? - 11/21/16 01:09 AM

2 nice 8 points down Saturday morning. For some reason it won't let me upload pictures from my phone right now. One had a 18 1/2" spread inside and the other a 16" spread. Both chasing doe. Seen 11 deer 5 bucks 6 does. All bucks were running doe. Oh and that was by 7:45
Posted By: poisonivie

Re: Wise/Jack Co Updates? - 11/21/16 01:12 AM

Sounds like a good day in the field. I didn't get to hunt today because of the south wind. I'm only 50 yds from the feeder in a tripod. No use getting them looking for me from hunting the wrong wind. My camera is showing very little daylight activity anyway.
Posted By: SniperRAB

Re: Wise/Jack Co Updates? - 11/21/16 02:12 AM

Originally Posted By: txcornhusker
Saw a group of 4 fawns w/o does. Buck chasing a doe and they took off chasing them and eachother. Assimilation behavior is setting in. Bet there has been a lot of chasing this week. Cameras seem to say that. Got in the stand a couple hours ago and the corn from this morning is cleaned up. Deer must have fed again over the noon hour. Good luck tonight girls!

Almost took a "Dandy" out on the entrance to the Country Club turning in a tad ago...I was locking up and hitting the trailer brakes by hand till I seen his main frame and then I floored it roflmao

I will call Geico for a main frame 8 that size banana
Posted By: DQ Kid

Re: Wise/Jack Co Updates? - 11/21/16 02:17 AM

Originally Posted By: SniperRAB
Originally Posted By: txcornhusker

Almost took a "Dandy" out on the entrance to the Country Club turning in a tad ago...I was locking up and hitting the trailer brakes by hand till I seen his main frame and then I floored it roflmao

I will call Geico for a main frame 8 that size banana

I hear that bud, must be fun to play that course on a cold day during the rut...

Re: Wise/Jack Co Updates? - 11/21/16 02:32 AM

Which Country Club? Bridgeport? Was a monster killed by there a couple years ago.

Re: Wise/Jack Co Updates? - 11/21/16 02:36 AM

Kenny, Runaway Bay CC im pretty sure
Posted By: SniperRAB

Re: Wise/Jack Co Updates? - 11/21/16 02:43 AM

Originally Posted By: KennyLee
Which Country Club? Bridgeport? Was a monster killed by there a couple years ago.

Runaway Bay

That was a good Deer...The one you speak of up

That river bottom has produced some Dandy's...

Re: Wise/Jack Co Updates? - 11/21/16 02:59 AM

RAB, last season I saw 3 early mornings beasts off the side of 114 near the white boarded fence about a mile north of Lake Bridgeport. All three were 10pts. or more.

Re: Wise/Jack Co Updates? - 11/21/16 02:59 AM

RAB, last season I saw 3 early mornings beasts off the side of 114 near the white boarded fence about a mile north of Lake Bridgeport. All three were 10pts. or more.
Posted By: LM1

Re: Wise/Jack Co Updates? - 11/21/16 04:09 AM

Nothing but a couple small does all weekend on wise/Montague border near Alvord. I was happy my 12 year old made it till 10 without complaining of the cold. Cabelas outfitter wool is the bomb!
Posted By: Wardog Howling

Re: Wise/Jack Co Updates? - 11/22/16 12:42 AM

Saw 2 bucks chasing doe west of Chico off 1810 by Sawblade yesterday.
Wife said nice buck chasing at the house this morning on NW side of Lake Bport.
Saw several deer out and about this evening on my way home.

I'm officially on vacation and will be hunting in the morning in eastern Jack County. Went there Saturday and got skunked.

I love my job, I love my wife, I love my son, I love my life.
Be thankful for what you have, it could all be taken away from you in the blink of an eye.
Posted By: 338ultra

Re: Wise/Jack Co Updates? - 11/23/16 03:48 AM

I saw a 10 tending a doe Sunday afternoon. Had a satellite 8 wondering around, then a satellite 9 showed up trailing her a little later on. 3 weeks ago, I saw quite a bit of rutting activity as well.
Posted By: bankwalker

Re: Wise/Jack Co Updates? - 11/23/16 01:54 PM

I'm hunting north of Jacksboro and have seen very little deer movement in the last few days. Did see a middle aged 9 pt running a doe hard Saturday evening but overall numbers are terrible. Is it the acorns? Very frustrating.
Posted By: outdoorsmen54

Re: Wise/Jack Co Updates? - 11/24/16 12:35 PM

Went down to empty my stand last night and seen a sold 10 point bedded down with a doe. She wasn't going anywhere and he wasn't leaving her side.
Posted By: shea.mcphail

Re: Wise/Jack Co Updates? - 11/24/16 04:15 PM

Originally Posted By: outdoorsmen54
Went down to empty my stand last night and seen a sold 10 point bedded down with a doe. She wasn't going anywhere and he wasn't leaving her side.

Could have at least played some Barry Manilow..
© 2024 Texas Hunting Forum