Texas Hunting Forum

Haskell Co Deer, input please

Posted By: bigmike_ml21

Haskell Co Deer, input please - 11/15/16 03:16 AM

has anyone deer hunted around the Sagerton area? Going to a new place this weekend thru a friend and was wondering how the deer hunting was. They said they see deer but they arent hunters so not alot of info. It has a wheat field, mesquites and cedars, and borders the Double Mountain Fork Brazos River. Thanks guys!
Posted By: Fishercounty

Re: Haskell Co Deer, input please - 11/16/16 05:01 AM

Mike I can come help you out and rattle in a few bucks for you this weekend if there is an extra spot lol. They are starting to heat up looking for does. That is a good area if it borders the river. A lot of this area is pockets of deer between the farm land and the pastures. Add the river into the mix and it gets prime.
Posted By: KnoxCityNate

Re: Haskell Co Deer, input please - 11/16/16 05:49 AM

Mike I work in that area and drive by it several times a week. Yes there are plenty of deer around and some really nice Bucks also. You should do well.
Posted By: John Humbert

Re: Haskell Co Deer, input please - 11/16/16 06:52 AM

Just got on a new lease this year just south of rule. So far, lots of pigs, coyotes, and some turkey. Seen a number of deer, but no big ones yet on the lease. But did see a 150" class buck in a wheat field just south towards Sagerton.

Haven't seen any rutting, but just to east past Haskell saw them running does good

They tell me the big deer don't start showing up til about Thanksgiving into Dec

I did have a 125-130" TWO YEAR OLD 8pt come the feeder. He's gonna be a good one in a couple of years.
Posted By: DQ Kid

Re: Haskell Co Deer, input please - 11/16/16 12:29 PM

Have a buddy that owns off the Double Salt Fork of Brazos and there are some bruisers coming off the river for sure..
Posted By: westtexaswatkins

Re: Haskell Co Deer, input please - 11/16/16 03:01 PM

I'm not far from Sagerton in Stonewall county. I see a lot of deer and quite a few hogs. My little bucks were chasing last weekend but not any of the big ones. I expect that to change by this weekend. Should be some big guys in the area you are going.
Posted By: Fishercounty

Re: Haskell Co Deer, input please - 11/16/16 06:22 PM

Chance for a frost this weekend should get our area kicked off.
Posted By: Pitchfork Predator

Re: Haskell Co Deer, input please - 11/17/16 11:27 AM

The area has potential for big bucks. up
Posted By: bigmike_ml21

Re: Haskell Co Deer, input please - 11/17/16 10:16 PM

Leaving tomorrow, thanks for the input guys!
© 2024 Texas Hunting Forum