Texas Hunting Forum

Vulnerablility of a buck in rut?

Posted By: Pintail711

Vulnerablility of a buck in rut? - 11/12/16 04:15 AM

Last year, I killed a really good 9 point on Nov. 14th. Only after being in the stand 15 minutes too Iook over and he's there at 30 yards. I took my 6y/o daughter with me on her first hunt. Didn't expect to shoot anything unless it was big. It was hot too. I would like to think the rut was on but he was the only deer I saw up to the 14th. I checked my camera on Wednesday after the morning hunt. I've got a few pics of a monster 9 at 4:30pm on Tuesday. He hung around the feeder for a little bit, left and then came back around 6:30... I've been hunting him pretty hard the last couple of days, during my days off. I go back to work tomorrow through Thursday and plan on hunting him even harder Friday through the weekend. My question is, do you guys think that the deer I've got on camera was at his more vulnerable position like the deer i killed last year? I can't stop thinking about this dude. I saw a yearling doe, a small 5 and a small spike the past 3 days and couldn't really tell what their deals were. I've seen a few rubs near my stand but nothing new in the past 2 weeks. I'm a waterfowler and am seriously thinking about not duck hunting until I kill this dude.
Posted By: Deerhunter61

Re: Vulnerablility of a buck in rut? - 11/12/16 01:11 PM

It's all about timing...you being in the stand when the buck comes in. So the more you're in the stand the better your odds are.
Posted By: Ramsey

Re: Vulnerablility of a buck in rut? - 11/12/16 01:53 PM

Is there a pattern with this deer or is it a one day pic. Hunt the wind, and do not put unecessary pressure on him.
Posted By: Pintail711

Re: Vulnerablility of a buck in rut? - 11/12/16 02:57 PM

Only pic I've got of him. Didn't know he existed until Tuesday.
© 2024 Texas Hunting Forum