Texas Hunting Forum

These poachers are low down dirty

Posted By: wal1809

These poachers are low down dirty - 11/09/16 03:57 PM

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7yhsO4wrZiU
Posted By: Tripper Swift

Re: These poachers are low down dirty - 11/09/16 07:14 PM

I have seen a few of these shows over the years, but I have never seen them catch someone trying to do it with a bow.
Posted By: TexOddball

Re: These poachers are low down dirty - 11/10/16 05:28 AM

One of my cousins had a run-in with the 'ol decoy-by-the-road trick. Here's the story from his perspective:

"Man, I was driving down the county road the other day, and I saw a MONSTER buck off in a pasture next to the road, he was so big, I HAD to stop and look at him! He was standing there, just looking at me, and I got worried 'cause he didn't seem scared of me or the cars going past or nothin. I was worried he was gonna wander into the road and get hit, man I'd just be sick to my stomach if I drove back by and a big ole buck like that was laying dead on the side of the road. I waved my arms at him, and hollered, and he didn't react at all, so I picked up a rock and chunked it at him, hollerin' "git outta here!" The next rock I threw actually hit him, and about then I realized something fishy was goin' on! Right then a pair of game wardens came rolling outta the brush across the road, where they'd been hiding, both of them laughing fit to bust a gut, and one of them hollered at me "throw a few more, you've about got him spooked!"

I can only hope TPWD has video of that in their archives somewhere.
Posted By: titan2232

Re: These poachers are low down dirty - 11/10/16 01:50 PM

Originally Posted By: TexOddball
One of my cousins had a run-in with the 'ol decoy-by-the-road trick. Here's the story from his perspective:

"Man, I was driving down the county road the other day, and I saw a MONSTER buck off in a pasture next to the road, he was so big, I HAD to stop and look at him! He was standing there, just looking at me, and I got worried 'cause he didn't seem scared of me or the cars going past or nothin. I was worried he was gonna wander into the road and get hit, man I'd just be sick to my stomach if I drove back by and a big ole buck like that was laying dead on the side of the road. I waved my arms at him, and hollered, and he didn't react at all, so I picked up a rock and chunked it at him, hollerin' "git outta here!" The next rock I threw actually hit him, and about then I realized something fishy was goin' on! Right then a pair of game wardens came rolling outta the brush across the road, where they'd been hiding, both of them laughing fit to bust a gut, and one of them hollered at me "throw a few more, you've about got him spooked!"

I can only hope TPWD has video of that in their archives somewhere.

roflmao

Pretty darn funny.
Posted By: JKC

Re: These poachers are low down dirty - 11/10/16 01:56 PM

roflmao
Posted By: Mr. T.

Re: These poachers are low down dirty - 11/10/16 05:55 PM

happy3
Posted By: Hunt n Fish

Re: These poachers are low down dirty - 11/10/16 07:34 PM

Made the Wardens day I'll bet......would love to that video! clap
Posted By: SapperTitan