Texas Hunting Forum

My Daughter's First Hunt

Posted By: alsaenz

My Daughter's First Hunt - 11/08/16 03:43 PM

For the past couple of years, my daughter had seen her little brothers come back from hunts with nice bucks and doe and hogs and turkeys, but she had never been herself. This is her senior year in high school, so we decided to go big with a daddy/daughter hunt to kick off the season. Her little brother let her borrow his Weatherby 7 mm .08, and she took to it like a duck to water. Her first time to fire it a couple of weeks ago at the range, she was able to get three rounds within a three-inch circle at 100 yards. Her second time was on the range at the ranch, and she tightened it to three rounds in a one-inch circle at 100 yards. The first day out, she made quick work of a nice seven point out of the stand. With the rest of the weekend on our hands, we decided to spot and stalk for some exotics.

My goodness. It was epic. She was the only lady at the deer camp, and I'll tell you what, she earned some major respect this weekend, and her little brothers gave her huge props when we rolled back in to College Station. Man I was so proud of her.

Posted By: SapperTitan

Re: My Daughter's First Hunt - 11/08/16 04:39 PM

She is a stone cold killer
Posted By: mdryg1970

Re: My Daughter's First Hunt - 11/08/16 05:25 PM

Very nice, still waiting to get my son's first kill.
Posted By: TXSIGNGUY

Re: My Daughter's First Hunt - 11/08/16 07:31 PM

cheers up
Posted By: Mr. T.

Re: My Daughter's First Hunt - 11/08/16 07:44 PM

Wonderful......you made memories that will last two lifetimes!
© 2024 Texas Hunting Forum