Texas Hunting Forum

Mills County Central Texas Buck Fight

Posted By: Woj

Mills County Central Texas Buck Fight - 11/07/16 10:23 PM

If any of you are wondering where all the deer went, they are paired up, at least in Mills county they are. Every doe I saw had at least one (many times more) bucks right with them. I was driving the Polaris to my stand Saturday afternoon and saw these two getting after it. I stopped and watched, then decided to start recording. I watched for two minutes before i started recording. Both bucks are low 130 class deer.

Sorry for the poor video quality, for some reason my settings on my phone got reset when the OS was updated.

Posted By: retfuz

Re: Mills County Central Texas Buck Fight - 11/07/16 10:46 PM

Good stuff!
Posted By: stxranchman

Re: Mills County Central Texas Buck Fight - 11/07/16 10:48 PM

Nice video cheers Did any other bucks come into the fight?
Posted By: SapperTitan

Re: Mills County Central Texas Buck Fight - 11/07/16 11:23 PM

Originally Posted By: retfuz
Good stuff!
Posted By: el_cazador713

Re: Mills County Central Texas Buck Fight - 11/08/16 01:37 AM

cheers

Re: Mills County Central Texas Buck Fight - 11/08/16 01:04 PM

No additional bucks came to this fight, but Sunday morning I had a couple smaller bucks sparring and a big boy came in, full speed, and rammed one of the two fighting. Nasty hit and I would not be surprised if the one hit dies. I didn't see any puncture as he was running off, but it was direct and violent.
Posted By: QuitShootinYoungBucks

Re: Mills County Central Texas Buck Fight - 11/08/16 01:10 PM

Saw two differentbucks already broken up this weekend in Mills County
Posted By: tbgascorer

Re: Mills County Central Texas Buck Fight - 11/08/16 02:06 PM

Yep, I have seen three bucks with broken tines in Mills as well. The rut is on for sure, just like always first week. Didn't hear many shots this past weekend. The fog was so thick Saturday that you couldn't see 50 yards all day long. I think it saved some lives.
Posted By: kdkane1971

Re: Mills County Central Texas Buck Fight - 11/08/16 03:24 PM

Originally Posted By: retfuz
Good stuff!
Posted By: KG68

Re: Mills County Central Texas Buck Fight - 11/08/16 04:20 PM

Not there yet in Western Mills. Bucks are chasing some but the does are still playing hard to get.

Re: Mills County Central Texas Buck Fight - 11/08/16 08:49 PM

Interesting what a difference just a few miles makes.... this was Lometa
Posted By: Threelranch

Re: Mills County Central Texas Buck Fight - 11/08/16 09:03 PM

Originally Posted By: KG68
Not there yet in Western Mills. Bucks are chasing some but the does are still playing hard to get.

I saw i few smaller bucks running doe in the oat filed this morning at my brooksmith place but they was only mildly interested but over more towards ridge they are chasing a little more
Posted By: TxAggie10

Re: Mills County Central Texas Buck Fight - 11/09/16 03:48 AM

I usually have injured bucks in Mills county from all of the fighting. I've killed two that were injured. One was clearly a laceration from an antler. Bucks were chasing this past weekend pretty good. Just didn't pull the trigger yet. The fog was miserable Saturday. I'm glad I got out of the blind in time Sunday. That was some heavy rain!

Caradan area for anyone wondering
© 2024 Texas Hunting Forum