Texas Hunting Forum

Anybody have info about Comanche County deer? Game Cam pics included

Posted By: TXranch56

Anybody have info about Comanche County deer? Game Cam pics included - 11/07/16 07:38 PM

New poster here. My family just bought a 200 acre small ranch 6 miles east of the town of Comanche in Comanche County. I grew up hunting on my family's 4000 acre ranch outside of Marble Falls which was sold in the last year so this is a big change for me in terms of size and location. Does anybody here have any information about the deer density and quality in this area? My dad and I set up 5 blinds on the property with game cameras and so far we have probably 12-15 different deer on camera including a few decent young bucks and lots of pigs. I'm just trying to get a feel for the area and any information would be appreciated!

Posted By: jmh004

Re: Anybody have info about Comanche County deer? Game Cam pics included - 11/07/16 08:15 PM

Plenty of deer in that part of the state. Shouldnt be a problem getting one from the looks of it.
Posted By: DQ Kid

Re: Anybody have info about Comanche County deer? Game Cam pics included - 11/07/16 08:25 PM

Those don't appear too young to me..All look to be 4.5-5.5 yo..
Posted By: TXranch56

Re: Anybody have info about Comanche County deer? Game Cam pics included - 11/07/16 09:19 PM

My guess was that the buck in pic #2 and #4 is a 3.5 year old. I think the buck in pic #1 is probably 3.5-4.5 based on my guess. The buck in pic #3 is probably the oldest at around 5.5 but has the smallest rack. He is the one I am going after. The others might be hard to pass up but I would have to see them in person.
© 2024 Texas Hunting Forum