Texas Hunting Forum

This is living!!

Posted By: TFF Caribou

This is living!! - 11/05/16 12:03 PM

I haven't hunted out of an elevated box blind in years. 2 and 3 years ago I hunted out of a pop up, last year I hunted out of a 12' wooden open top tripod. Me and my old man built me a 5x7 box blind during the off season, and my goodness is it comfortable in here. Put a nice old plush rug in it, and shooting shelves. This is livin. I'm barefoot, and nice and cozy this morning.
Posted By: maximus_flavius

Re: This is living!! - 11/05/16 12:07 PM

After buying a nice Atacosa blind, I'll never pile brush & sit on the ground again.

Re: This is living!! - 11/05/16 12:13 PM

I really wanted to go with a fiberglass blind. Figured lets do it right once, and it will last forever, but I came across a bunch of free wood. And was able to build a 5x7x7 blind 3.5' off the ground for under $300. Hoping I can get 5 years or so out of it, then we will go to a fiberglass.

Re: This is living!! - 11/05/16 12:16 PM

Posted By: SnakeWrangler

Re: This is living!! - 11/05/16 12:29 PM

banana clap

Re: This is living!! - 11/05/16 12:50 PM

And... just realized my game camera is gone. I hope a cow just knocked it over. I wish I would have known more than a 10 days before season started that they were putting cows back out here.
Posted By: KennyLee

Re: This is living!! - 11/05/16 02:22 PM

Originally Posted By: Tff caribou
And... just realized my game camera is gone. I hope a cow just knocked it over. I wish I would have known more than a 10 days before season started that they were putting cows back out here.

Ah, the joys of hunting Wise County. Figuring out what all has walked away.

I couldn't pull off hunting this morning. Been gone all week and figure my daughters soccer games are more important. I'll head out this evening though.

Re: This is living!! - 11/05/16 02:38 PM

Dang thing is, I was here 10 days ago and put fresh batteries and memory card in it.

Just saw the first legal buck of the season. 8pt. Couple inches outside the ears. Real short horns. Kinda funny looking really.

Re: This is living!! - 11/05/16 03:07 PM

It's good. Camera was down there on the ground. A cow must have leaned into it and broken it off its mount. It's the kind with a screw hole in the bottom, and I had it screwed onto a pole. I'll just have to take it home and change how it's mounted. I'll be back tomorrow, so it won't miss much.
Posted By: KennyLee

Re: This is living!! - 11/05/16 03:07 PM

Glad you found it.

Im gonna head out after lunch.
© 2024 Texas Hunting Forum