Texas Hunting Forum

Stephens County Rain

Posted By: Stompy

Stephens County Rain - 11/03/16 06:22 PM

You fellers hunting this area, be prepared for mud. This whole area received 2"+ of rain and it's a muddy mess, creeks are running and water is standing.
Posted By: stxranchman

Re: Stephens County Rain - 11/03/16 06:26 PM

When y'all are done with the rain, send it south. We will take a good rain any way we can get one at this point. Let it rain.

Re: Stephens County Rain - 11/03/16 06:30 PM

I received 4.3" in Sept and 2.5" in Oct and so far 2" today. We're green, green out this way. Ponds are full, creeks have water and I can hear the wheat fields growing. Our average is 27" a year. Last year I received a little over 40" and so far this year I'm at 38.45".
Posted By: stxranchman

Re: Stephens County Rain - 11/03/16 06:38 PM

I had "0" in October and 90+ degree temps almost the whole month after a 2.6" Sept and 9"+ August. Just those 90+ days with the rains really dried us out. Glad you are getting it though heading into winter.
Posted By: 4Weight

Re: Stephens County Rain - 11/03/16 08:45 PM

Yup Stompy my LO went to my place in Murray and poured 2.5" out of the gauge this AM. Was gonna come in tomorrow to get ready but bringing the 4 wheeler and going early Sunday instead.

I'm about a mile into Young county.

Thanks !
Posted By: Halfadozen

Re: Stephens County Rain - 11/04/16 12:26 AM

Originally Posted By: Stompy
I received 4.3" in Sept and 2.5" in Oct and so far 2" today. We're green, green out this way. Ponds are full, creeks have water and I can hear the wheat fields growing. Our average is 27" a year. Last year I received a little over 40" and so far this year I'm at 38.45".
just south of you between Breck and Cisco. Will be sloppy this weekend for sure.
Posted By: MWTX270

Re: Stephens County Rain - 11/04/16 12:30 AM

I got 1.5" today here in Palo Pinto county. My lease is right on the Jack/Young county line and they got a little over 2.5" the last 24 hours. The rain sure greened up my fall grain here ate farm. October I had 2" even, lease only had about 1.25" in October. Good luck to all.

Re: Stephens County Rain - 11/06/16 01:11 PM

How about this rain boys, what a muddy azz mess. I got some road work to do when it dries up.
© 2024 Texas Hunting Forum