Texas Hunting Forum

Your favorite hunting stand for non- hunting reasons

Posted By: Texas Dan

Your favorite hunting stand for non- hunting reasons - 10/30/16 03:11 PM

This weekend I plan to hunt a new stand sight that I suspect will become a favorite. It's a tripod that sits near the edge of a nice pasture that offers great views of field edges, none of which is too far for a shot. It should be a great place to watch the world wake up.

Yes, there are plenty of good reasons to have a favorite stand that have little or nothing to do with hunting.
Posted By: Stratgolfer

Re: Your favorite hunting stand for non- hunting reasons - 10/30/16 03:21 PM

The view...

Posted By: REALKILLER

Re: Your favorite hunting stand for non- hunting reasons - 10/30/16 04:31 PM

If I found a super hot chick that wanted to turn a specially made stand into a love shack, well ? grin other than that the scenery and hunt just come to gother with greatness for me on all sets.
Posted By: txtrophy85

Re: Your favorite hunting stand for non- hunting reasons - 10/30/16 07:40 PM

on the places I frequently hunt I have one or three preferred stand locations that I like that I normally rotate.

i'm a big landscape guy....if I don't like the surrounding view around a stand I won't hunt their regardless if its productive
Posted By: REALKILLER

Re: Your favorite hunting stand for non- hunting reasons - 10/30/16 08:04 PM

Always upside down or sideways 😀
Posted By: Slow Drifter

Re: Your favorite hunting stand for non- hunting reasons - 10/30/16 09:14 PM

I have a stand on my place with a large brush pile about 30 yards out. For years I'd see a bobcat raising her kits in that brushpile. I used to hang a turkey feather by a string from a bush in front of the stand. There's no telling how many deer I missed watching those kits playing with that feather. That was favorite stand for a long time. The brushpile finally caved in and is no longer a suitable den, I guess. I still see a lot of bobcats but I don't have the front row seat I used to.
Posted By: xraytracker84

Re: Your favorite hunting stand for non- hunting reasons - 11/01/16 07:12 PM

I love the view from this stand. You can see forever.
© 2024 Texas Hunting Forum