Texas Hunting Forum

Urine talk. What do yall use?

Posted By: Roll-Tide

Urine talk. What do yall use? - 10/29/16 06:03 AM

If this grosses you out, please hit back button.
What is your preferred method? I have found a large apple juice bottle works good, but looking for new suggestions, ideas.
Posted By: kry226

Re: Urine talk. What do yall use? - 10/29/16 07:34 AM

I actually keep the one quart Gatorade bottles in my stands. The wide mouth helps. grin
Posted By: Creekrunner

Re: Urine talk. What do yall use? - 10/29/16 10:38 AM

This reminds me, I need to hold a refresher course for the guys on the lease (mainly their boys). There's no service that comes around and magically removes the full bottles. realmad
Posted By: billybob

Re: Urine talk. What do yall use? - 10/29/16 10:50 AM

I use a jerry can...its fun to see if you can hit the opening from 12' up. Peeing can be fun....try this one... start peeing then flush...see if your flush stops and you quite peeing at the same time.
Posted By: REALKILLER

Re: Urine talk. What do yall use? - 10/29/16 12:51 PM

I pee all over my set with no problems. . The best way to kill a big one is with a bumm rush, no scent, sight, or hear you approach. I used doe pee in southern Illinois and had giant steam engine train soundin blowin bucks goin on. So many deer hunters at one time with fake doe pee all over the place helps mature deer find their killers. I have used doe pee in East Tx. And have had tons of little young bucks practically try to rape me with fake doe pee, but not one mature buck ever They just know better. That tricky woman is much easier to figure out when you've been there done that.
Posted By: TFF Caribou

Re: Urine talk. What do yall use? - 10/29/16 01:57 PM

I use the grass usually.
Posted By: TonyinVA

Re: Urine talk. What do yall use? - 10/29/16 02:14 PM

I read an article several years back with some scientific analysis that discussed how the scent of human urine is different from that of human odor and that it did not spook deer. I think some of you may have even heard about some hunters who urinate in scrapes to try to freshen them. I use to take a urine bottle with me to my tree stands for years....after reading the article I decided to try just peeing out of the tree to the ground. From what I have noticed, that practice has not seemed to effect deer movement and it's once less thing to carry. So that's my "two scents" on the matter.
Posted By: Western

Re: Urine talk. What do yall use? - 10/29/16 02:39 PM

I agree with Tommy for the most part, just easier in a tower stand to have "something" IMO
Posted By: stxranchman

Re: Urine talk. What do yall use? - 10/29/16 02:47 PM

I am sure glad all critters that urinate in the woods carry a bottle with them.
Posted By: S.A. hunter

Re: Urine talk. What do yall use? - 10/29/16 03:28 PM

Gatorade bottle while in the stand, ground if I'm not.
Posted By: CRAnderson52

Re: Urine talk. What do yall use? - 10/29/16 03:47 PM

A funnel with a 12 foot hose zip tied to the legs of my stand buried about a foot into the ground. Problem solved.
Posted By: reeder05

Re: Urine talk. What do yall use? - 10/29/16 06:16 PM

Open window... Let it fly. Just watch the wind... And not for scent purposes...
© 2024 Texas Hunting Forum