Texas Hunting Forum

Coleman County Report

Posted By: TxHunt23

Coleman County Report - 10/28/16 03:42 AM

Anything good going on in Coleman County? Haven't made it down much during bow season. Just wondering what everyone else is seeing.
Posted By: CRAnderson52

Re: Coleman County Report - 10/28/16 04:12 AM

Saw lots of deer last weekend, the bucks are starting to chase just a bit. Nothing is hitting the feeders at our place right now, if they do it's at night. Opening weekend should be a pretty good one!

By the way, were between Talpa and Valera on the far side of Coleman County.
Posted By: DQ Kid

Re: Coleman County Report - 10/28/16 11:40 AM

Check out Hartca's "Big 8" in the Photos thread taken in Coleman county by his buddy.
Posted By: Hartca

Re: Coleman County Report - 10/28/16 01:14 PM

Pretty good activity even though its been fairly warm. We have had a monster 8 taken this week. Other than that nothing stands out on the cameras as of right now, but early bow season we had some really good deer around. they will be back.
Posted By: Texmel

Re: Coleman County Report - 10/28/16 03:10 PM

NW Brown County getting lots of visits to our feeders. Good number of nice bucks. Lot of does and young fawns. Got a big 8 Cull that we will take this year if he continues to show up.
Posted By: HuntnFly67

Re: Coleman County Report - 10/28/16 03:14 PM

Originally Posted By: Texmel
NW Brown County getting lots of visits to our feeders. Good number of nice bucks. Lot of does and young fawns. Got a big 8 Cull that we will take this year if he continues to show up.

Best year since 2003 for us in that part of the county.
Posted By: Cslate

Re: Coleman County Report - 10/28/16 05:18 PM

our place is in southern part of county in between the padgett and kennedy turn offs to the lake. I have had my camera out since mid august and had doe and yearlings since setting up. Have yet to see anything anywhere near mature with horns. 4 different spikes and a young 3x2 that im fairly certain is short than his ears when holding ears straight up haha. Had a great year last year but so far this year is not looking too good. Numbers are good though. Had a few bucks that me and the neighbors let walk in hopes of seeing them this year that have not shown up yet or maybe have just moved on!
© 2024 Texas Hunting Forum