Texas Hunting Forum

Anderson County

Posted By: Bcap

Anderson County - 10/26/16 09:28 PM

We just started hunting near Frankston and have seen a few deer and alot of pigs.I got my first bow kill(a spike) last weekend in a persimmon tree thicket. We have one shooter during the day and the rest at night. I'm just wondering what every one else around the Frankston/Palestine area are seeing.Also no signs of rut.
Posted By: rickym

Re: Anderson County - 10/26/16 09:39 PM

Most deer in etx are nocturnal. They may not slip up til it gets real cold.
Posted By: JCB

Re: Anderson County - 10/26/16 09:41 PM

Should be on right now. Hunted two places around Frankston for a few years.
Posted By: Palehorse

Re: Anderson County - 10/26/16 09:53 PM

I'll be getting a head start on rifle season in Anderson county. I got picked for the gun deer either sex at Gus Engeling WMA November 1st through 5th. Hopin the rut will be rockin next week!
Posted By: Tripper Swift

Re: Anderson County - 10/26/16 11:20 PM

I hunt outside of Palestine. Last weekend the deer were moving pretty good. Seems like that time of the year where the bucks arent too concerned with food already but the does arent ready. All the bucks I saw had their noses to the ground. Including one that walked over a big pile of corn and didnt blink. Same thing at my dads house on the other side of Palestine. We have some major flooding issues so we dont have cameras out right now. We have had pretty good movement during the day. But its pretty low pressure around our place until rifle season opens up.
Posted By: Findahog

Re: Anderson County - 10/27/16 12:42 AM

Good luck! Let me know how it is my daughter and nephew got drawn for Youth GDE sex 11/12 & 11/13
Posted By: Tripper Swift

Re: Anderson County - 10/27/16 01:04 AM

I will be interested to see how yall do. Good luck. Im a little more in the river bottom but there are some big deer around there. Typically at my place the full blown rut is more second week of November. However you never know and once the bucks put their noses to the ground I always have pretty good luck. Basically from now until almost Thanksgiving.
I dont no anybody that has hunted there but if they only do draw hunts there is a good chance there are some bug ones around there. People talk pretty negative about East Texas deer but if your close to the Trinity there are some straight up Swamp donkeys.
© 2024 Texas Hunting Forum