Texas Hunting Forum

A Few Pics

Posted By: DQ Kid

A Few Pics - 10/24/16 01:31 AM

Some Pics from the last month, most movement at night or early morning with the heat..Some youngsters with potential and a couple of middle aged deer.

Re: A Few Pics - 10/24/16 12:18 PM

Would you concur that these deer are all 2-4.5 yo?
Posted By: nocknload

Re: A Few Pics - 10/26/16 03:40 AM

I will concur that you need to spend more time in the blind. Them are some good bucks. Good luck this season.
Posted By: Pitchfork Predator

Re: A Few Pics - 10/26/16 12:42 PM

I agree with you on age DQ except the one on top. I think he is 5+, but the pic is out of focus.

I recommend you lower the height on your feeder pen and double the size. I've observed that's a much more appealing setup to mature bucks. I never got consistent visits from mature bucks until making these changes. up

Re: A Few Pics - 10/26/16 01:55 PM

Gotcha Pitch, they are somewhat built to scale for the property size and population densities, at least that's what I initially told myself, LOL. I actually preferred not having them the first couple of years of owning the place but the hogs started spending hours under the feeders at night so had to go up with them. I did seem to have more mature bucks pre-pens, pre-hogs but those days have come and gone. I will probably have to wait on enlarging them but can cut them down another 6", probably wouldn't hurt. Don't want to go to low though as I have the cows in there during the offseasons.
Posted By: Pitchfork Predator

Re: A Few Pics - 10/26/16 03:02 PM

I know what you mean, I experienced the same thing with mine and then the hogs started owning it. I learned when you think of the time and expense we put into our hunting opportunities it's well worth the time and money to put the odds much more in your favor. I know your area well as I had a 1000 acre lease between Graham and Woodson for 5 years.

Since adding the pen and doing it right this time, I always have shooters consistently visiting the feeder. up
Posted By: TooLow

Re: A Few Pics - 10/26/16 03:03 PM

Nice young buck there in a couple of those pics
Posted By: jshouse

Re: A Few Pics - 10/26/16 03:15 PM

up
Posted By: StephensCnty308

Re: A Few Pics - 10/26/16 06:17 PM

Good luck !!!!!
Very nice pics
© 2024 Texas Hunting Forum