Texas Hunting Forum

Feeling Anxious/Excited

Posted By: cjconley

Feeling Anxious/Excited - 10/14/16 04:36 PM

So just thought Id share my story. Its been about 6-7 years since I've been able to go hunting and it was never my blind on a lease I found. Just a family piece of land or a doe shoot on some big ranch. Well this year I was finally able to afford to get on a place. Set up my trailer and Blind a couple of months ago and then went back out there this past weekend. Got to meet a lot of the other guys and girls that are also on the lease as a few of them were bow hunting and filling feeders and scouting etc... Sat in my blind on Saturday night and forgot just how much I missed my favorite part, the waiting. Sitting in the blind being quiet as possible, watching for any movement at either of the 2 feeders, one about 275 and the other about 75. Sun going down, 4 big hogs come out of woods along fence line. They head towards far feeder then bolt back into woods as another hunter is driving around pasture. I wasn't mad he didn't know I was there and I wasn't going to shoot a pig this night. The walking back to the truck in the dark, listening to sounds of cows far off, the rustle of the wind, The expectation that you never know what is going to walk out.....That is what I missed and can not wit for that first morning.
Posted By: Dalroo

Re: Feeling Anxious/Excited - 10/14/16 04:40 PM

Great news that you have rediscovered something you enjoy. Congrats!
Posted By: cjconley

Re: Feeling Anxious/Excited - 10/14/16 04:53 PM

Thanks man. And I was noticing your signature.

I am Junior Warden of R.C. Buckner 1176 and a member of Hella Shrine. Nice to meet you Brother!!
Posted By: Navasot

Re: Feeling Anxious/Excited - 10/14/16 04:55 PM

That's what its all about.... sounds like they are lucky to have you on the lease
Posted By: Dalroo

Re: Feeling Anxious/Excited - 10/14/16 04:59 PM

Originally Posted By: cjconley
Thanks man. And I was noticing your signature.

I am Junior Warden of R.C. Buckner 1176 and a member of Hella Shrine. Nice to meet you Brother!!

You too - I know several folks over there - mostly Motor Patrol guys. I was raised in Richardson, but over on FTW side now.
Posted By: Pitchfork Predator

Re: Feeling Anxious/Excited - 10/15/16 12:58 PM

cheers

Wish you the best of luck this season.,
© 2024 Texas Hunting Forum