Texas Hunting Forum

Meat processor in Fort Worth area....

Posted By: Ratrod101

Meat processor in Fort Worth area.... - 10/12/16 10:26 PM

Looking for a good quality processor in or around Saginaw/Fort Worth area......heard the horror stories about not getting your deer meat back.
Posted By: passthru

Re: Meat processor in Fort Worth area.... - 10/12/16 11:46 PM

Give Plantation meats on 199 out towards Springtown a call. I've been using them a few years. Individual deer processed, reasonable fees, decent products, quick turn around, family owned and operated.
http://www.oldplantationmeats.com/

Re: Meat processor in Fort Worth area.... - 10/13/16 01:05 AM

Originally Posted By: passthru
Give Plantation meats on 199 out towards Springtown a call. I've been using them a few years. Individual deer processed, reasonable fees, decent products, quick turn around, family owned and operated.
http://www.oldplantationmeats.com/

I forgot about that place....we run thru Springtown all the time.

Just curious, this will be the first deer I've taken to a processor. I know it depends on the weight but, curious what to expect to get back from a buck that weighed 170lbs hanging.....I was going to age everything, quarters, straps, loins and neck.....completely filled my 75qt Yeti.....any idea?
Posted By: Lazy W Whitetail

Re: Meat processor in Fort Worth area.... - 10/13/16 01:25 AM

Cinnamon creek just north of Ft Worth off I35.

Re: Meat processor in Fort Worth area.... - 10/13/16 01:29 AM

40%

Re: Meat processor in Fort Worth area.... - 10/13/16 01:31 AM

I quit using Cinnamon Creek for a few reasons. One being they throw all of your grindage in together. So your meat sticks, sausage etc are from what ever bunch of deer they are processing with yours. Plus they are expensive and if you take a deer in during rifle season you may wait 6 weeks or more to get it back.

Re: Meat processor in Fort Worth area.... - 10/13/16 01:42 AM

I quit using Cinnamon Creek for a few reasons. One being they throw all of your grindage in together. So your meat sticks, sausage etc are from what ever bunch of deer they are processing with yours. Plus they are expensive and if you take a deer in during rifle season you may wait 6 weeks or more to get it back.

I've heard that exact same thing about CCR. Appreciate the info!
Posted By: huntbrown

Re: Meat processor in Fort Worth area.... - 10/13/16 08:45 PM

Stay away from cinnamon Creek. The first time I took a deer to them they lost my meat. Second time was ok but expensive. Third time I went I got my meat back 7 weeks later the sausage was freezer burned and horrible! My back straps definitely weren't from my buck I killed they were tiny. I will never bring anything to them again. I heard they used to be real good. I brought my doe to fischers in Muenster last week will see how they do.
Posted By: cattle69

Re: Meat processor in Fort Worth area.... - 10/14/16 04:36 AM

Kubys, Hamilton meats, and Dans Smokehouse for near or in DFW area.
Posted By: J Loves Huntin

Re: Meat processor in Fort Worth area.... - 10/14/16 01:01 PM

Awesome place in Joshua called Kornagays Deer Processing. Been using him for 15 years and he is amazing. They make Venison tamales which taste like heaven!
Posted By: mdryg1970

Re: Meat processor in Fort Worth area.... - 10/14/16 02:48 PM

+1 to the Plantation
Posted By: JH117

Re: Meat processor in Fort Worth area.... - 10/14/16 04:45 PM

I take mine to plantation also. $85 for just the basics. And they make some incredible breakfast sausage for a little extra.
Posted By: Big_Ag

Re: Meat processor in Fort Worth area.... - 10/14/16 11:38 PM

I've been using Cinnamon Creek (formerly Syracuse) for years and have never had a problem. When I serve their products to my friends and neighbors, they rave about them. I have non-hunting friends that insist I have a deer processed for them at Cinnamon Creek every year. Get the bacon wrapped back strap filets, the chipotle Monterrey jack cheese sausage and some seasoned taco meat. You can thank me later.
Posted By: DQ Kid

Re: Meat processor in Fort Worth area.... - 10/14/16 11:49 PM

Originally Posted By: Big_Ag
I've been using Cinnamon Creek (formerly Syracuse) for years and have never had a problem. When I serve their products to my friends and neighbors, they rave about them. I have non-hunting friends that insist I have a deer processed for them at Cinnamon Creek every year. Get the bacon wrapped back strap filets, the chipotle Monterrey jack cheese sausage and some seasoned taco meat. You can thank me later.
Agree 100 percent with this....
Posted By: Red Bone 936

Re: Meat processor in Fort Worth area.... - 10/15/16 01:54 AM

-1 old Plantation
Posted By: Hunter-Boss

Re: Meat processor in Fort Worth area.... - 10/15/16 02:08 AM

X2
Posted By: Rob M

Re: Meat processor in Fort Worth area.... - 10/15/16 09:43 PM

I use cinnamon creek multiple times a year and never have any issues. I always feel like I get way more meat back that what I dropped off.
Posted By: Archer Anthony

Re: Meat processor in Fort Worth area.... - 10/17/16 08:12 PM

Rendon Meats. My whole family uses them. Never had a issue
Posted By: Cleric

Re: Meat processor in Fort Worth area.... - 11/16/16 10:35 PM

How do you know if you get your meat back?
Posted By: KennyLee

Re: Meat processor in Fort Worth area.... - 11/17/16 02:14 AM

Have used Cinnamon Creek for years, but cheated on them last year to try out Old Plantation.

I doubt I go back to Old Plantation. Main thing I like getting done is sausage and I don't like theirs at all. In fact, I'll be giving my yard guy about 25 pounds of last years so I can fill my freezer with this years deer.

For sausage, I've never had anyone as good as Cinnamon Creek.
Posted By: BigBucky2014

Re: Meat processor in Fort Worth area.... - 11/17/16 07:19 PM

Buy a commercial grinder from Cabelas and do it yourself. You always get your meat back, you know how it has been preserved, aged, etc. I promise you'll work harder to get all of the meat off your deer than the processor will and you get the satisfaction of telling people you made it yourself. My 2 pennies.banana

Keith
© 2024 Texas Hunting Forum