Texas Hunting Forum

Indian-Corn

Posted By: Bittercreek

Indian-Corn - 10/12/16 02:11 AM

Have read a lot. Here at THF. About; INDIAN-CORN.
Where Can I order, or Purchase some.
Thank-you.
texas
Posted By: decook

Re: Indian-Corn - 10/12/16 11:06 AM

popcorn
It appears to be the closest guarded secret on the internet. Not even waterboarding can get that info from those in the know.
Posted By: Age N Score ?

Re: Indian-Corn - 10/12/16 11:48 AM

walking Contact any seed dealer and they will tell you where a local grower is in your area that raises Indian Corn. banana You have to make a deal with the grower as many of them have all of the corn pre-sold each harvest. I made a deal with a feed store in New Mexico about 17 years ago and have been buying it from them every year. It is a process to get the product, but well worth the effort. This stuff really works, as I've set up 2 feeders side by side and every time the deer will eat Indian Corn 1st. Folks make fun of me about this, but with all of the products out in the market for deer, somehow Indian Corn is over looked by many. soap
In many ways it is fine by me, as it just makes my experience in the woods that much better. But spend some time on Google and you will end up with it if you choose to try it.
Posted By: don k

Re: Indian-Corn - 10/12/16 11:56 AM

You may be able to take a bottle of whiskey to an old medicine man and if you can get him drunk enough he may tell you either where to go or where to get it.

Re: Indian-Corn - 10/12/16 11:57 AM

popcorn
Posted By: Texas Dan

Re: Indian-Corn - 10/12/16 12:06 PM

Given the obsession that hunters have in killing a trophy buck, if such a thing actually existed, do you think there would be any difficulty in finding someone selling it?

Re: Indian-Corn - 10/12/16 12:43 PM

confused2 I've wondered the same thing for years. I think it is something that is over looked by the industry because it's corn. Products are made to sell and now there is scented corn. It's only a matter of time before someone starts marketing it. The way I look at it is I'm ahead of the curve for now. bolt
It makes my Sausage gathering much easier. I've taken guys with me and let them sit in a blind and each time they are amazed at the deer and how they hit the Indian Corn. Most folks don't want to do the leg work needed to get the product since it's not everywhere. woot
Posted By: Rustler

Re: Indian-Corn - 10/12/16 01:40 PM

If you sprinkle buck crack on your Indian corn every deer in the county will show up and stay at the feeder longer.
Posted By: passthru

Re: Indian-Corn - 10/12/16 11:51 PM

Originally Posted By: Age N Score ?
confused2 I've wondered the same thing for years. I think it is something that is over looked by the industry because it's corn. Products are made to sell and now there is scented corn. It's only a matter of time before someone starts marketing it. The way I look at it is I'm ahead of the curve for now. bolt
It makes my Sausage gathering much easier. I've taken guys with me and let them sit in a blind and each time they are amazed at the deer and how they hit the Indian Corn. Most folks don't want to do the leg work needed to get the product since it's not everywhere. woot

So is this a new screen name for someone who has been permanently banned for this type of thing before? Given your low post count and insistence and sig line on this I would think it's not a coincidence. But I could be wrong.
Posted By: Wilhunt

Re: Indian-Corn - 10/13/16 12:04 AM

Originally Posted By: don k
You may be able to take a bottle of whiskey to an old medicine man and if you can get him drunk enough he may tell you either where to go or where to get it.

This is the real answer.
Posted By: Curly

Re: Indian-Corn - 10/13/16 12:18 AM

Here's a secret:
When asking a Native American about it, remember, they call it maze.
wink
Posted By: swmays

Re: Indian-Corn - 10/13/16 12:19 AM

But you need to spell it correctly...
Posted By: Curly

Re: Indian-Corn - 10/13/16 12:58 AM

Originally Posted By: swmays
But you need to spell it correctly...

Only if your writing it out.
grin
Posted By: Dalee7892

Re: Indian-Corn - 10/13/16 01:04 AM

I bought some corn from an Indian, so it's "Indian Corn". Yep.
Posted By: Espy

Re: Indian-Corn - 10/13/16 01:50 AM

Be careful if you are lucky enough to find some Indian corn you have to be at least 20%
Native American to have it in your possession.
Posted By: rifleman

Re: Indian-Corn - 10/13/16 01:57 AM

Originally Posted By: Bittercreek
Thank-you.
texas

Hobby Lobby
Posted By: Deerhunter61

Re: Indian-Corn - 10/13/16 02:00 AM

popcorn roflmao
Posted By: Jimbo

Re: Indian-Corn - 10/13/16 02:22 AM

Originally Posted By: rifleman
Originally Posted By: Bittercreek
Thank-you.
texas

Hobby Lobby

They probably can't figure out why all people buying it up are men wearing camo caps and shirts and smell bad.
Posted By: rtp

Re: Indian-Corn - 10/13/16 02:27 AM

I bought some at HEB last year. I took a pick because no one believed I found it. I will see if I can find it.

Re: Indian-Corn - 10/13/16 02:30 AM

Here is some I used at one of my feeders. It doesnt take a lot.

Re: Indian-Corn - 10/13/16 02:31 AM

Here was my haul last year.
Posted By: rifleman

Re: Indian-Corn - 10/13/16 02:39 AM

Originally Posted By: rtp
Here is some I used at one of my feeders. It doesnt take a lot.

Looks like it'd be easy for one to sneak up on you.
Posted By: swmays

Re: Indian-Corn - 10/13/16 02:46 AM

160 acres of nothing. Good thing you put your pop up behind the telephone pole. Indian corn has strange power. cheers
Posted By: stxranchman

Re: Indian-Corn - 10/13/16 02:48 AM

Pfffffffffffftttt..Indian Corn. I use the ultimate deer corn....Glass Gem Corn and the deer here will kick dirt and trash all over Indian Corn.

This is what a buck thought about Indian Corn after I switched to Glass Gem Corn....

Re: Indian-Corn - 10/13/16 02:58 AM

Originally Posted By: stxranchman
Pfffffffffffftttt..Indian Corn. I use the ultimate deer corn....Glass Gem Corn and the deer here will kick dirt and trash all over Indian Corn. This is what a buck thought about Indian Corn after I switched to Glass Gem Corn....

I think your Glass Gem Corn just gave him the squirts.

Re: Indian-Corn - 10/17/16 10:51 AM

confused2
Posted By: retfuz

Re: Indian-Corn - 10/17/16 06:06 PM

Been a while, where ya been? Never mind..

Re: Indian-Corn - 10/18/16 12:58 PM

popcorn
Posted By: dkershen

Re: Indian-Corn - 10/18/16 01:09 PM

whistle Have heard that it's good stuff. Wastes less meat because the deer stand still longer for that easy head shot. Might have to try it some day.
Posted By: Mr. Clean

Re: Indian-Corn - 10/18/16 01:16 PM

Posted By: Hunt n Fish

Re: Indian-Corn - 10/18/16 01:39 PM

I'm not touching this........... peep
Posted By: Superduty

Re: Indian-Corn - 10/18/16 10:06 PM

I hear a guy named Petaki, sells it for a good price. He can shuck that corn from over 21 feet away.
Posted By: Jkd106

Re: Indian-Corn - 10/18/16 10:15 PM

I can't weigh in because it's not politically correct!
Posted By: HuntnFly67

Re: Indian-Corn - 10/18/16 10:18 PM

They sell it in the basement of the Alamo. $3.95 per bag. Better than HEB or Buccee's.
Posted By: don k

Re: Indian-Corn - 10/18/16 11:20 PM

I was going to say something but thought better of it.

Re: Indian-Corn - 10/19/16 10:49 AM

confused2 Every year it seems like we have this same conversation. It started with me just wanting to try something different that was not to expensive, and ended up being a very good deal for me. I'd try a can of Del Monte Cream corn if I thought it would work better! bang
With all of the different types of corn you would think that you could find Indian Corn in more places. All I know is that the deer really do like it and will hang around the feeder longer than when I use regular corn. bolt
Posted By: HuntnFly67

Re: Indian-Corn - 10/20/16 03:17 AM

Originally Posted By: passthru
Originally Posted By: Age N Score ?

So is this a new screen name for someone who has been permanently banned for this type of thing before? Given your low post count and insistence and sig line on this I would think it's not a coincidence. But I could be wrong.

Nailed it.

Re: Indian-Corn - 10/20/16 11:26 AM

bs I'm not sure what you nailed? I have never been banned from this website, and in fact was on it years ago but got busy and didn't visit here. When I went to log back on, I couldn't remember my email or password I used to sign up so I was given a new one. I've no intention to stir up anything, nor bet banned. However what I feed at my place might be odd to some, and funny to others, but for me it works. I'm not selling anything, nor buying anything, just like others I enjoy reading about hunting from other folks that enjoy the outdoors. hammer
Posted By: titan2232

Re: Indian-Corn - 10/20/16 12:16 PM

Guess I'm not up to snuff on this here Indian Corn debate. Anyone have a short version for me?
Posted By: 68A

Re: Indian-Corn - 10/20/16 12:31 PM

Should be pretty self explanatory after reading this thread.
Posted By: TxDispatcher

Re: Indian-Corn - 10/23/16 07:09 AM

Originally Posted By: Superduty
I hear a guy named Petaki, sells it for a good price. He can shuck that corn from over 21 feet away.

Why did you have to bring that moron up? rofl
© 2024 Texas Hunting Forum