Texas Hunting Forum

Bachelor Groups

Posted By: The Shafer

Bachelor Groups - 09/30/16 12:24 PM

Anyone else seeing bachelor groups starting to break up? I was hoping they'd stay together for another week but in Anderson County I don't think it's going to happen.
Posted By: stxranchman

Re: Bachelor Groups - 09/30/16 12:50 PM

Some of the maturer bucks here started to break up the last couple of days. This cooler weather this morning will have them moving well. It was 57 here.
Posted By: KG68

Re: Bachelor Groups - 09/30/16 12:56 PM

Wife and I counted 6 mature bucks in one of the feeder pens Wednesday afternoon 10 minutes after the feeder had gone off.
Posted By: Bobcat4119

Re: Bachelor Groups - 09/30/16 02:04 PM

My bachelor groups have split in the last week.

Re: Bachelor Groups - 09/30/16 02:14 PM

Ive got three different spots holding bachelor groups and there are a couple of definite shooters in these groups. I'm sure it will be as in years past that once the groups begin to break up the mature bucks disappear. bolt

But I could be wrong and blood could be spilled this weekend!
Posted By: redchevy

Re: Bachelor Groups - 09/30/16 02:22 PM

As of last weekend most of our deer were still in velvet and grouped up.
Posted By: Mr. T.

Re: Bachelor Groups - 09/30/16 03:09 PM

Mine still together in Eastland.
Posted By: Las Colinas Hunter

Re: Bachelor Groups - 09/30/16 03:36 PM

As of 2 weeks ago, they were together. But the mature bucks were not in these groups.
Posted By: TooLow

Re: Bachelor Groups - 09/30/16 03:38 PM

Saw a group still together last week at the ranch in Erath!
Posted By: JH117

Re: Bachelor Groups - 09/30/16 03:42 PM

As of 3 days ago my deer here in parker county were still grouped up.

Re: Bachelor Groups - 09/30/16 08:17 PM

Do you guys experience when they begin to spar (not full fledge fighting) that groups begin to break up?
Posted By: crice8

Re: Bachelor Groups - 09/30/16 08:28 PM

Originally Posted By: The Shafer
Do you guys experience when they begin to spar (not full fledge fighting) that groups begin to break up?

I wish. The most sparing I see here in east Texas is little yearlings play fighting with one another. I noticed you are located in Longview. I live in Tyler but hunt near Rockwall. The doe to buck ratio there is so high 15 to 1 that even in the rut there is hardly any tension among bucks.
© 2024 Texas Hunting Forum