Texas Hunting Forum

Important message from our local TPWD biologist

Posted By: Texas Dan

Important message from our local TPWD biologist - 09/28/16 03:04 PM

Be sure to check with your local biologist for similar information if interested...

"Here is the latest publication regarding Chronic Wasting Disease. Please take note of some of the mandatory check stations in other parts of the state for those of you who may hunt in those areas. Please take note of the Carcass Movement Restrictions for those of you who hunt out of state.

Just as last year we have quotas throughout the state to sample a certain number of deer per county/RMU as well as sample any hunter harvest deer the hunter wishes to have sampled. If any of you wish to have your deer sampled I will be more than happy to get with you to sample it. Also, if you know you are going to have a group out with the potential to harvest multiple deer in a weekend and wouldn’t mind saving some of the heads for me to sample that would be amazing. Let me know before hand and I can coordinate a time for me to come by to grab those from you. Any help would be amazing so we can sample as many deer as possible, even if you hunt in other parts of the state I can sample those deer as well or can put you in contact with the local biologist in that county.

Another note is that we are also actively looking for roadkill deer. If you are headed to work one morning and happen to see one from the night before and wanted to shoot me an e-mail once you got into work that would be greatly appreciated as well.

Thanks,"
Posted By: Captain Luke

Re: Important message from our local TPWD biologist - 09/28/16 03:56 PM

Another note is that we are also actively looking for roadkill deer. If you are headed to work one morning and happen to see one from the night before and wanted to shoot me an e-mail once you got into work that would be greatly appreciated as well.
What county are you in?
Posted By: kdkane1971

Re: Important message from our local TPWD biologist - 09/28/16 04:03 PM

And what is the e-mail address?

Re: Important message from our local TPWD biologist - 09/28/16 04:09 PM

I purposely did not include our biologist's name in respect for his privacy.

I'm sure if you reach out to your local TPWD biologist directly, she/he will be glad to assist you since the effort includes checking for CWD throughout the state. And as noted in these comments from our biologist, many of them are working under a quota of checking so many deer.

Besides, it just makes good practice to talk to them from time to time. Most of them enjoy talking about deer and hunting as much as you do.
Posted By: stxranchman

Re: Important message from our local TPWD biologist - 09/28/16 04:16 PM

All counties are doing the same thing.

Re: Important message from our local TPWD biologist - 09/28/16 04:32 PM

Originally Posted By: stxranchman
All counties are doing the same thing.

Yes, thanks for noting that.

The key is staying in touch with your local biologist to be aware of such efforts. I'm sure there are many like our's who keep an email distribution list for ongoing communication, not to mention that periodic e-newsletters they send out and post on the TPWD website. Unfortunately, finding where the newsletters are posted on the TPWD site can be like looking for deer.
© 2024 Texas Hunting Forum