Texas Hunting Forum

Hunting near Bonham

Posted By: savage.25

Hunting near Bonham - 09/27/16 02:52 AM

My dad and I just got offered a small lease last minute just north of bonham. A friend of ours has been hunting the other half of the property for quite awhile and has got at least a deer or two nearly every year. I was just wondering if anyone else hunts in that area, and if so how's the hunting for yall and how's the quality?

Thanks!
Posted By: stxranchman

Re: Hunting near Bonham - 09/27/16 02:59 AM

welcome
Posted By: Dave3575

Re: Hunting near Bonham - 09/27/16 03:01 AM

Fannin county has some good deer but the population isn't very high
Posted By: Txfencebuilder s

Re: Hunting near Bonham - 09/27/16 03:10 AM

Very low population and getting worse ever year a couple decent deer killed some years
Posted By: Bobcat4119

Re: Hunting near Bonham - 09/27/16 01:31 PM

I was raised here and spent many of years tromping through these woods. I have hunted the Caddo land for the last 20 years and have never taken a buck bigger than 120" but have seen a few. The new antler restriction is starting to show results with more quality deer, but you have to find them. I now hunt the southern part of the county and county to the east. The numbers are a lot less but the quality can be better...
It's like any other county in north Texas, hit or miss. X property can hold great deer but property Y, 2 miles away could hold nothing. Yes, Fannin county has produced a few nice bucks over the last few years, but I've talked to A LOT of people that have struggled that always do good....
Posted By: sig226fan (Rguns.com)

Re: Hunting near Bonham - 09/27/16 04:33 PM

It's getting worse every year... too many animals taken in a low density environment...
Posted By: AmerMirza

Re: Hunting near Bonham - 09/27/16 09:16 PM

I leased land in Lamasco near Bonham. VERY FEW DEERS. Might see more hogs than deers. Definitely lots of varmints I can guarantee you.
Posted By: Shanem628

Re: Hunting near Bonham - 09/28/16 01:30 PM

I hunt north of Bonham and the deer population is low but there are big deer out there. A couple years back I shot a 145" 11 point and my cousin has taken some good deer this past year. The big ones are there but you won't see them much
© 2024 Texas Hunting Forum