Texas Hunting Forum

Table to clean deer with??

Posted By: spoon33

Table to clean deer with?? - 09/25/16 07:31 PM

Are you guys using a certain table for cleaning your game either at home or camp? Just got a shop finished and want to start processing my deer myself. I saw a 6ft long folding table at Walmart this morning that would probably do the job, however it was only 29 inches tall which might make the back a little sore after leaning over for a while.

I've also been looking at some of those tables that have a sink you can attach a hose too. Wasn't sure if having water while cutting up a deer was necessary.
Posted By: Wilhunt

Re: Table to clean deer with?? - 09/25/16 07:52 PM

Yes we have a table and it does come in handy. Ours is about 42' Tall x 48" wide x 60" long and we do have water close. After skinned and quartered we can take into a house at the lease for washing.
Posted By: Simple Searcher

Re: Table to clean deer with?? - 09/25/16 11:12 PM

I bought a 4ft x 8ft piece of HDPE and mounted a stainless sink under it. I built a base from treat treated lumber, this was 8 years ago and it is still in great shape. We process 50 animals a year at it. It is awesome having a huge table that is also a huge cutting board.
Posted By: sig226fan (Rguns.com)

Re: Table to clean deer with?? - 09/25/16 11:35 PM

Lone Star Restaurant Supply has decent priced stainless tables and sink combinations ready to use, used/clean
Posted By: Buzzsaw

Re: Table to clean deer with?? - 09/25/16 11:39 PM

Originally Posted By: sig226fan (Rguns.com)
Lone Star Restaurant Supply has decent priced stainless tables and sink combinations ready to use, used/clean

defiantly the most sanitary
Posted By: stxranchman

Re: Table to clean deer with?? - 09/25/16 11:41 PM

In the early 80's I made a game cleaning (deer/hogs/fish) table out of treated lumber and a 4'x8' sheet of galvanized sheet metal. I built table for my height to work off so I would not have to bend over. It was around 7' long and 24" wide with a backsplash. I then put the sheet metal over all the wood on top and backsplash, folding and bending under. Nailed it in place for a one piece top. I had an old sink that I put at one end.I cut the sink in and caulked it in place. That old table has been outside in the weather since then and still in good shape.
Posted By: Palehorse

Re: Table to clean deer with?? - 09/25/16 11:42 PM

Originally Posted By: spoon33
Are you guys using a certain table for cleaning your game either at home or camp? Just got a shop finished and want to start processing my deer myself. I saw a 6ft long folding table at Walmart this morning that would probably do the job, however it was only 29 inches tall which might make the back a little sore after leaning over for a while.

Those plastic tables do fine. Just cut 4 pieces of 2" PVC pipe and slip it over the legs. Cut them long enough to bring the height to exactly where you want it.

Having water is nice, but I just have a big plastic tub and a garden hose. Works fine.
© 2024 Texas Hunting Forum