Texas Hunting Forum

What's everyone seeing lately?

Posted By: spoon33

What's everyone seeing lately? - 09/20/16 02:38 PM

When checking your cameras or driving around what are you guys seeing? Bachelor groups still? Mature bucks during the day light? Deer hitting the feeders?
Posted By: Birdman7

Re: What's everyone seeing lately? - 09/20/16 02:55 PM

I'm seeing that my neighbor is pulling all of my deer over.
Posted By: titan2232

Re: What's everyone seeing lately? - 09/20/16 02:57 PM

Originally Posted By: Birdman7
I'm seeing that my neighbor is pulling all of my deer over.

I'd be feeding more corn, protein, or alfalfa. All preferably.
Posted By: PMK

Re: What's everyone seeing lately? - 09/20/16 02:57 PM

I drive thru a heavily deer populated residential area almost daily on my way home ... still seeing bachelor groups as of yesterday. I suspect that will be the case for a few more weeks in central Texas.
Posted By: BUBBAJ 115

Re: What's everyone seeing lately? - 09/20/16 03:20 PM

Bachelor groups showing up from midnight to early morning. Not many doe's yet. Pic of the biggest one so far. Hour South of Amarillo.
Posted By: stxranchman

Re: What's everyone seeing lately? - 09/20/16 03:55 PM

With the unusual late summer rains we had down here, I am not seeing much at all. Not getting many deer on TC either. I think I have seen 2 bucks in the past 2 months during the daylight hours when out working. I have not had to put protein in the feeders for almost 2 months now. All still have a lot of feed in them. All the vegetation is very green and tall. Deer are not hitting the corn feeders with any regular pattern. I was shredding roads/fencerows the past 2 days and did see a couple of Live Oaks that had a few acorns on the ground. Still very hot also, the last 3-4 days have had highs in the upper 90's.
Posted By: Palehorse

Re: What's everyone seeing lately? - 09/20/16 04:01 PM

Down here on the coast, they are in full rut. There is a pretty decent buck that runs around the Stratton Ridge area near Clute that is working himself silly chasing does. I've seen him almost every morning for about a week and a half.
Posted By: TexasKC

Re: What's everyone seeing lately? - 09/20/16 04:03 PM

Had 6 pretty nice bucks in my feeder pen on Sunday. Couldn't tell much looking through binocs so I went and pulled the card from the camera only to find out the camera had crapped out on me. 4 dead cameras within the last month is frustrating to say the least.
Posted By: redchevy

Re: What's everyone seeing lately? - 09/20/16 04:06 PM

Havent been bang crying
Posted By: txtrophy85

Re: What's everyone seeing lately? - 09/20/16 04:58 PM

Originally Posted By: Palehorse
Down here on the coast, they are in full rut. There is a pretty decent buck that runs around the Stratton Ridge area near Clute that is working himself silly chasing does. I've seen him almost every morning for about a week and a half.

Is this early or is it like this every year?

My buddies in Colorado county had their deer rut early to mid October in walker county they would rut last week of October to first week of November
Posted By: Mr. T.

Re: What's everyone seeing lately? - 09/20/16 05:13 PM

All my bucks are still in their bachelor groups. Don't think they are even thinking about does yet.

Re: What's everyone seeing lately? - 09/20/16 05:18 PM

Haven't sat but I've been seeing quite a few axis and a lot of doe and fawn whitetail. Did see one yearling fork horn yesterday evening
Posted By: SapperTitan

Re: What's everyone seeing lately? - 09/20/16 05:23 PM

My back yard bucks broke up for a week right after they came out of velvet now they are back together. I watched one of them destroy a small bush last night with my night vision. It was pretty sweet watching them at night when they feel comfortable and aren't as worried about people and noises.

Re: What's everyone seeing lately? - 09/20/16 05:27 PM

Originally Posted By: txtrophy85

My buddies in Colorado county had their deer rut early to mid October in walker county they would rut last week of October to first week of November

This is about normal for around here. The rut is usually winding down the last part of October.
Posted By: rfamilyhunting

Re: What's everyone seeing lately? - 09/20/16 05:38 PM

I was seeing a lot of deer until the Martians showed up.

Re: What's everyone seeing lately? - 09/20/16 05:44 PM

Originally Posted By: rfamilyhunting

Beam me up

Re: What's everyone seeing lately? - 09/20/16 05:45 PM

Originally Posted By: titan2232
Originally Posted By: rfamilyhunting

Beam me up
Scotty

Re: What's everyone seeing lately? - 09/20/16 05:48 PM

up
Posted By: ThreePeppers

Re: What's everyone seeing lately? - 09/20/16 06:22 PM

Bucks were still in bachelor groups as of a week ago and hitting the protein hard. Much more so than corn. Also noticed an old scrape by my feeder pen was starting to be worked again. It was very recent because we had just had rain a couple of days before.

It's on the edge of a drainage under a scrawny little Charlie Brown mesquite tree. My daughter shot a cull buck last youth season right after he hit that scrape.

11/1/15

9/15/16
Posted By: MoBettaHuntR

Re: What's everyone seeing lately? - 09/20/16 06:31 PM

Still seeing some bachelor group activity , breaking up overall though. A few fawns and does. Corn keep disappearing, oaks are dropping fruit slowly.
Posted By: westtexaswatkins

Re: What's everyone seeing lately? - 09/20/16 07:19 PM

Still seeing them in bachelor groups and loving the feeders at my place. Even with all the rain.

Posted By: New Hunter

Re: What's everyone seeing lately? - 09/21/16 12:05 AM

HA HA HA HA HA!!!! Too funny! clap

Re: What's everyone seeing lately? - 09/21/16 01:12 AM

Originally Posted By: txtrophy85

This is about normal for around here. The rut is usually winding down the last part of October.

Is there any hunting that takes place in your area during season?

Re: What's everyone seeing lately? - 09/21/16 03:53 AM

Just archery season in October like everyone else. Too bad we are unable to catch the pre rut or peak.
Posted By: texaspirate

Re: What's everyone seeing lately? - 09/22/16 06:09 PM

love the martians..... they clearly got some nice deer
Posted By: ZK-315

Re: What's everyone seeing lately? - 09/22/16 06:11 PM

Piggies. A lot of piggies.
Posted By: The Shafer

Re: What's everyone seeing lately? - 09/22/16 07:23 PM

Re: What's everyone seeing lately? - 09/22/16 07:25 PM

Originally Posted By: The Shafer

I like that 6 point
Posted By: Age N Score ?

Re: What's everyone seeing lately? - 09/23/16 11:07 AM

I still don't use any cameras. partyon555 I don't have anything against them as it can be a good tool. That being said, I love the "not knowing" and look forward to the surprise should a big buck show up. Nothing like a good day waiting to see what shows up next and wondering what else I might see. happy3
Posted By: Txhuntr2

Re: What's everyone seeing lately? - 09/23/16 12:54 PM

Originally Posted By: Age N Score ?
I still don't use any cameras. partyon555 I don't have anything against them as it can be a good tool. That being said, I love the "not knowing" and look forward to the surprise should a big buck show up. Nothing like a good day waiting to see what shows up next and wondering what else I might see. happy3

I hear ya. I resisted cameras for a few years once they really got popular. I use them now because I look forward to checking them each trip. Like a mini hunt in camp. However, I do miss the thrill of the complete unknown when sitting on stand. That said, I always see deer in person that I don't have any pictures of.
Posted By: colt45-90

Re: What's everyone seeing lately? - 09/23/16 01:09 PM

only see anything on night pics
© 2024 Texas Hunting Forum